Sunday, March 12, 2006

Not Fresh

I'm officially brain dead.

I went looking at houses again with Bob. After the first house I turned to him and said, 'two chocolate donuts, now!'. You better believe I got them too. I'm sick of envying other people. There's a reason it's one of those sin things - because it makes you feel shitty!! The next house was so dreamy I figured Bob would hate it.

He's madly in love.

I'm shocked and well, shocked would be the word. He wants to put an offer in and Lord have mercy, we met the people and talked with them and I went to school with their daughters (small world) and we can't afford the house! Bob's still going to put an offer in and I'm afraid my karma is going to bitchslap me into a new set of psychological problems.

Ooooo. Paranoia.

We've got a new one!

I see copious tears in my future. Bob was wired tonight and kept asking why I wasn't excited. I told him I would get excited *if* we got the house. Then I told him that I would definitely cry if we lost the house. He booked. I have the gift of ending conversations and being able to eat 2 chocolate donuts without too much guilt. Okay, there's guilt but I'm burying it deep. You know, next to my ulcer.

Since my head will be close to imploding over the next few days, I will be leaning heavily on memes and tags.

Yeah, I'd be sorry but, misery loves company.

Four jobs you have had in your life: - uh, really?

1. waitress (and it was hell)
2. short order cook (and it was hell)
3. Data Entry at Stelco (not bad)
4. Sales for Canwel (torturous hell)

I have nightmares combining waitressing/cooking and Canwel. Because I can't help myself, I'll share. Normally I am supposed to be cooking but the food is burning, I have 6 tables that have been sitting for an hour, I'm 35 and still working there and somehow, I'm supposed to get on a plane for a sales meeting but I don't fly. Ever.

The worst part of the dream? Being 35 and looking around and discovering that everyone left you behind. Okay, the worst dreams are those where I am still in highschool but I suddenly realize I'm 35. Brutal. Yeah, I'm no Einstein but, I know what the dream means.

I'm ignoring it.

Four movies you would watch over and over:

1. The Matrix
2. When Harry Met Sally (although after 20years? I'm good)
3. Bridget Jones Diary 1 & 2
4. I have seen Star Wars over 20 times because I counted up till that and I think I was 18 when I stopped counting so, I've seen it A LOT! (A good 8 times at the theatre)

Four places you have lived:

1. St. Catherines
2. Burlington
3. Simcoe
4. Ancaster

Four TV shows you love to watch:

1. Lost
2. The Amazing Race
3 Grey's Anatomy
4. Deadwood

Four places you have been on vacation:

1. Florida
2. up north - Huntsville
3. Newfoundland (I was 10)
4. Went to Atlanta and The Grand Ol' Opry Hotel - they were semi-vacations - Went for Bob's work. Still, I was there!

Four websites you visit daily:

1. All About Romance (book site)
2. Smart Bitches Love Trashy Books
3. Chapters/Amazon - not quite daily
4. that's it.

Four of your favorite foods:

1. Turkey dinner and all the fixin's
2. CHOCOLATE
3. Filet Minon (?) with potatoes
4. Summer Sausage Deli Meat on extremely fresh buns. Mmmmm.

Four places you would rather be right now:

1. On a tropical island - you better believe it!
2. asleep - given
3. California for the beach and flipping property potential
4. A heated pool

Four friends you are tagging that you think will respond.... cause I'm nosy ;)

1. Kristie(J)
2. Jay
3. Megan
4. Sybil

Yeah, not too many people like to come out and play with me. Maybe because I tell people what my dreams are like and scare the crap out of them.

Get this, the girls I went to school with were twins - one is married and has travelled to Australia and places like that. The other is climbing the corporate ladder (according to her mom) and is training for a triathalon. They have their master's degree. I suck.

Yep, I do my parents proud.

1 comment:

sybil said...

oh honey... I so beat you at sucking right now.

uh, you know what I mean ;)