Friday, August 25, 2006

Yeah I did and IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!

Since she outted herself then I think it's safe to blog about who I met with ;)

Now I want to have a huge party with all us bloggers together but since I don't fly, you'll all have to come up here. Oh, and it'll be a sleep where you fall kinda party ;) Oh and Mailyn, I'll get Bob to drive me down your way when the first major snow storm hits. Keep an eye on the weather channel. Could happen any time.

Scare-ja!

I'll try not to blow too much sunshine but, Kristie is just as sweet and open as she is on her blog. She's quieter than most of us would think but she admitted before she came that she's a bit shy. I was worried I'd scare her with my loud self and on that note, maybe I did! I even cooked but from here on in, it's take out baby. I just didn't know any Chinese food places that would deliver but, later that night I was telling my real estate agent about that and he told me a few places that would deliver. Super cool!

I'll have to test run them.

You know.

Just to make sure they're good.

AND!!!

TODAY'S MY BIRTHDAY *starts singing - but not that song that would cost me mega bucks if sang in public or some such nonsense but the one the one that plays on ET, uh, I think*

Birthday party


Even though I don't speak the language, I get the idea. Here's hoping my day is better than hers.

I should actually be horrified by the fact that I am now turning 36 because I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

Shut up.

Course, now I'm just happy to be me and try not to live by what society (okay, my mom) thinks people should do. I mean, I'm pretty sure I'm an anomoly. Wait, I'm not just sure, I know because I have yet to meet anyone else like me.

I don't have children AND I don't work.

No, we're not independently wealthy. I just couldn't work for THE MAN. Or for THE WOMAN. Actually, I'm pretty sure I couldn't work for A MONKEY. Hell, I met Bob through my first job out of university or as I like to call it 'the unholy pit of hell experience' and I sure couldn't work for him! I just don't mesh and Bob doesn't seem to mind and the dog doesn't seem to mind and the cats, well, they might care but that's only because the other cats in the neighbourhood talk.

So we'll see what today brings although I know I'm going to my parents for dinner so I'll be chewing my anxiety pills like tic tacs.

Sybil is going to brain me but, I'm pretty sure I didn't take my pill today and when I wasn't sure, I figured if I did it wouldn't hurt if I took an extra (did this by accident once and called Telehealth and was assured I would be fine). But then Bob came home and I got distracted and then I couldn't figure out if I had taken a second pill or not. So yeah, I didn't take a pill because if it was a third pill I'd be in a coma. Okay, not really but whatever.

Now we all get to sit around and see if weepy Cindy makes an appearance (side effect of missing a dose or uh, a few). Since I will be in the presense of my ego crushing mother I betting she will which is too bad because normal Cindy can throw down. No really.

My mom cut back on the verbal smack downs when she realized that I wasn't afraid to fight back (I was like 30).

Now she picks on Billy. I don't think boys can be mean to their mothers.

Sucks to be him.

Oh and just so you all know Cody was put on Medicam which is an anti-inflammatory and a pain med. Bob got all teary eyed when I told him this and was all 'does the vet think he's in pain?'. Nah, but it can't hurt. Right now he is sleeping soundly without any heavy panting which is great because today was his first dose so it looks like this will work.

Course the vet likes to scare the crap out of owners by saying 'watch for black tar poop or vomit because that means the meds are giving him a stomache ulcer'.

Grrrreeeeaat. Just what I needed.

Another mandate to watch my dear pets' fecal matter.

Happy Birthday to me.

15 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

happy birthday! I figured it was Kristie.

I think it's GREAT you don't work and don't have kids. I mean, if you can stay home, why work? I never want to work again, even when my guy is off to college.

Marg said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Rosario said...

Feliz cumpleaƱos! Happy birthday, Cindy!

~ames~ said...

Happy Birthday Cindy!!

You're my hero: no work and no kids. Woohoo!

LOL

Hope the dinner with the mother isn't too traumatic and please give Cody a big hug for me-Max wants him to be happy and healthy. :P

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

sybil said...

Happy day to you!

I don't know what makes me more green getting to meet kristie or you.

Glad to hear you had a good time ;)

Mailyn said...

OMG 1st of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! We will be happy to have you come one down and I'll be your tour guide, even though we have nothing to see and we suck, but I am sure we can raise hell and scare everyone away. That's always fun. Mehehe.

Second, sorry about Cody and the meds. I hope he gets better soon. Sickie babies is a sad thing.

It's awesome that you met Kristie! That's very cool and I am now jealous at so many bloggers meeting and me all by my lonesome aaaaaall the way down here. LOL.

And about that monkey, of course you can't work for him, he's already my boss! Are you trying to take my job?! :-P

Jennie said...

Happy birthday, Cindy!!!

No work and no kids. I'm so jealous I'm hating you a little. OK, not really. But can I be you when I grow up?

ReneeW said...

Happy Birthday!! Loves ya! Poor Cody, I hope the meds help.

Kristie (J) said...

Last but hopefully not least - Happy Birthday. I would have been by before but I've been organizing books. OMG - what a chore that's been. I finally reached a point where I found another box and thought "Oh shite! More books* Didn't think that would ever happen.

Samantha said...

Happy Birthday!!!

I don't fly either. Hurdling through the air in a tin toothpaste tube is just not my thing.

Suisan said...

Happy Birthday!

(36 ain't all grown up. Who told you it was? Humph on them...)

nath said...

Happy belated birthday!

Don't worry about anything and I agree with Megan... be a kept woman :D you deserve it :D actually, everyone deserves it, but not everyone has the chance... sigh.

Holly said...

SON OF A ----!

I missed your Bday. I'm SOOO SORRY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I think it's great, too, that you don't work or have kids! Really. We can trade lives for a wee bit so you can see how wonderful it is to be you. See, I'm helpful.

Rowena said...

OMGOSH CINDY, why oh why haven't I been commenting on your blog? I LOVE IT, your personality is such a winner, I love it! I've been sitting here reading your blog and just grinning away like a dolt! You are too funny, I'm so going to stalk you everyday now...hehe.

((((Cindy)))))

Hugs,
Dylan