Friday, August 04, 2006

I'm No Longer A Newbie!!!


That's right, it's been a year of reading and blogging.

I'm actually surprised that I made it to a year. Blogging is very addictive. I have posted 302 times and I'm not sure if I should be embarrassed by my lack of a life or proud of my commitment to staying current.

What the hell, it's my blogday so I'm going for proud.

I love being part of the romance reading community and meeting new people through the blog world.

I've exposed my underbelly for all to see and for some reason you're all still here.

That's as touchy feely as we're getting.

Oh all right.

*blows kisses*

Settle down.

In the interest of being unoriginal I will now follow in Suisan's steps and post a few links to old posts.

Some Definition - basically a description of who I am and why I'm like I am.

The rest are about romance books.

Sex in Romance - Yes Please - yep, my opinion of sex in romance.

Truth Time - bluntly honest about authors I have not tried - I should see if I have read any of them yet!

Weird Rant - my feelings on trilogies, octologies or whatever the fuck they call them now

Book Stuff or Headache - You Decide! - uh, could be about why it is you can have a keeper and a wallbanger all by the same author. Or, it could just be a headache.

Running Out Of Books!? - Wha..

Reviews - Blerg (Sorry Sybil) - yeah, blerg.

Shit, I didn't even re-read all these post so don't feel bad if you're all, forget that!!

Even so, did you post about your Author's Behaving Wonderfully?

Do it!

13 comments:

sybil said...

Happy no-longer-newbie-DAY!

Marg said...

Happy blogiversary or whatever it's really called!

Bob & Muffintop said...

Hi Cindy- Happy blogiversary! Welcome to "We have no life Away from the Computer Club", otherwise known as blogging. LOL ;)

Suisan said...

Happy Anniversary!

I'll always remember you for the story you wrote about your dogs getting into the mineral oil. That was the funniest thing I'd read in months.

After that I knew I had to keep coming back for more....

ReneeW said...

Happy blogiversary! I love your blog. I love your humor and we think alike so often.

Kristie (J) said...

Happy blogiversary Cindy! It's been wonderful getting to know you over the past year.

CindyS said...

Thanks everybody!

It's been a thrill getting to know everyone and knowing where to go when I need to talk to someone about that great Derek Craven character, or who to bug about ARCs (Sybil, I can't find my copy of Eternal Lover and I'm freaking because I want to visit with Z!!), where to go when I need to learn about politics (& really, I'm woefully inept) & and the difference between grey and gray ;) - and who to go and say 'you won't believe what my Bob just did!! Yours did that too!?'.

Oh, and books. Love, love, love my books and I'm missing just sitting and reading.

The whole famn damily is here for the weekend, I'm up cleaning the house, making cheesy potatoes and putting all meats in marinades. I swear, I make my life harder on purpose - we should just order pizza - too late!!

Uh, oh, better stop now because I feel a warm and fuzzy moment trying to work it's way up!

CindyS

~ames~ said...

Happy Anniversary!!

I'm a bit late-but at least I showed up for the party. LOL

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the newly annointed blog yearling club!

It's been a thrill knowing you and counting on you to have an opinion on, well, almost everything. I've always enjoyed your wonderings.

Keep at it, Cindy!

Rowena said...

Happy Belated Blogiversary! Wow, I've read some of your older posts and those were pretty good!

Happy Day!

Rosario said...

I'm late, as always, but happy blogiversary, Cindy!

Holly said...

I'm late as well, but Happy Anniverary anyway. :)

CindyS said...

Ames - I'm thinking we can keep the party up indefinitely - I'm game ;)

Ag - I never really thought of myself as opinionated. Cool. ;)

Dylan - I went back and read them also just in case I said something super stupid but I didn't see anything ;)

Rosario - I knew you'd get here!

Holly - can't be too late here - after all, I'm a night creature ;)

Thanks everybody!!

Weird sidenote - I'm not getting notices in my e-mail of the comments - stupid blogger again?

CindyS