Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Am I Blue?

I am so up and down in my emotions the past few days that I'm just waiting to get sucked into a dark void.

I think it's the strict diet of McDonald's I've been on for the past few weeks. I haven't had a chance to fill the pantry yet and yeah, I suck at getting dinner put together but I had plans!! My mental health can't take too much more dietary crap.

I proved I could cook a perfectly healthy meal the other night when I BBQ'd honey and garlic chicken breasts, roast potatoes and a caesar salad with a light golden dressing. Yummmm. Makes me hungry just thinking about it. Still, the kitchen creeps me out and we had guests which was why I made the effort.

Have I told you that earwigs take over the kitchen at night? I refuse to go in there until we can find the source and Raid them!! Bob cut a bush back tonight and he said there were hundreds of them but I want to wait until daylight to spray the bush so that if they mount a massive offensive I can see it and run like hell!!

Other than that, I got nothing done today because I became overwhelmed and went back to bed.

Let's hope that today I can stay awake for more than 4 hours at a time.

Hey, it's a goal.

Since I'm setting goals it would be nice to carve out some time to read Twelve Sharp by Evanovich. You know, if more hours in a day become an option.

4 comments:

~ames~ said...

I hate earwigs. When I lived in Ontario *shudder* they were everywhere. I don't find them here in Manitoba, we got woodticks over here.
Good luck on your massive offensive. LOL
McD's is so bad for you, eat healthy!

meljean brook said...

Ugh -- they freak me out, too. We don't have them as much in Portland, but back in the boonies where I grew up they were everywhere, too. Ugh.

And why do they have to be called earwigs? I lived in fear of one of them getting into my ear with those little pincers on their tails. *freaks self out, has to go take a shower*

Suisan said...

eww. ew. ew.

earwigs.

Just yicky.

McDonalds always makes me really tired--I think it's the sugar they add to every menu item. Doesn't do much for my mental state either.

I usually can get myself back on a good eating track by getting a big bag of baby carrots. crunchy, anyway

CindyS said...

Earwigs *shudder*

McD - yummmm. At least I'm not upsizing the fries - baby steps.

Now I'm freaking out about mosquitos - I hate those buggers too!

CindyS