Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Tongue-Tied

If you are looking for a post that will make even a smidgen of sense, this ain't it.

You've been warned.

Also, so much has happened in four days that I have brain clutter which means this post is going to be ugly. Ug-ly. Tenses are going to be wrong. There is a sentence in here that is in the wrong place but I can't copy and re-paste the blasted thing so it's just stuck there because I can't for the life of me figure out where else to put it!

So, read further at your own risk.

No. For real.

It's hard to figure out where to start with the whole moving thing but I should just say, we're in!

It wasn't nearly as nightmarish as I thought it was going to be except that Bob has that 'energizer battery' gene that sometimes makes me want to gag him. At one point my family was commenting on the world that Bob lives in. Good thing we've been together for so long or my family might wonder who the odd duck is that I live with.

Bob gets his mind onto something and it's over. He was sorting and doing laundry while my family was finally chillin' after days of hauling boxes, dressers and crap, not to mention doing paint touch-ups at the old house! Everyone just shakes their head and wonders where he gets his energy.

The worst day was yesterday because I was in huge PMS mode and couldn't concentrate so Bob would ask for the millionth time where I thought such and such should go and I wouldn't answer fast enough because I was more worried about whether or not I was going to puke so I finally snapped. To be clear, this means my eyes glazed over and I just stopped. Bob quit with the twenty questions and asked if I was okay. It probably took me longer than necessary to answer because I believe Bob panicked for a minute. Luckily, before 911 could be dialed the speech center in my brain re-activated but, good Lord, could the man give me a frickin' break! Seriously, life does not have to be decided in one day. I need at least a week! Bob's completely different. He needs order pronto and if he has to stay up all night to do it he will. This wouldn't normally bother me but then he gets up at the crack of dawn which rubs me wrong because there should be some sort of impact. I mean, I stay up 10 minutes later than I should and it's a Cindy apocalypse!

Yeah, I think he's just showing off too.

So I keep waking up to rooms completely done and boxes emptied. I have no clue about our kitchen because Bob unpacked everything. I should tell him that means he's the cook but I don't think he'll buy it. I finally told him that he was throwing me off and making me feel like I'm just along for the ride. He keeps saying that stuff doesn't have to stay where he has put it, he's just trying it out.

Yeah, okay.

He doesn't go back to work until next Monday. *whispers desperately* save me!

The great news is that we absolutely love this house and the property. We couldn't be happier without making people sick.

I didn't get the computer up and running until late last night because all the plugs in this house are the original two prong deals so Bob had to swap out the sockets in this room. There are so many projects that need to be done here but that's a good thing for me. I need stuff to think about and I love decorating and design. I think I have redesigned most of the house a couple of times in my head. I know we can't start right away because you need to live somewhere for a while to get the feel of the place. Oh. And money ;)

So, no pictures yet because I can't find the wires to hook the camera up to the computer. You know, little stuff like that. (Little to others but a guaranteed ticket to see my head explode) I've also mentioned to Bob that my DVR needs to be hooked up now, now, now. So far, he is ignoring me.

Right now it feels like we are summering at an old cottage. I guess that'll pass the first time I have to clean the dishes ;)

On another note - we haven't even opened the pool yet because the weather has been on the nippy side. I'm hoping for a scorcher so we can get in sometime this week! I love swimming but it's low on the priority list right now.

That said, my books are calling me.

And I want to answer.

5 comments:

sybil said...

YAY for new houses and hey, let him unpack all he wants. Move it later. Less work me think ;).

Tara Marie said...

I'm with Sybil, let him unpack and reorganize at your leisure.

Congrats, it sounds wonderful.

Megan Frampton said...

Yeah, he sounds like he's a pain, but he's an UNPACKING pain.

Relax next to the pool, book in hand, and let him go nuts. Just answer his questions when you can, and return to reading.

I WISH I had a husband like that instead of 'where the hell is my head' guy I've got. Right on top of your pencil neck, geek.

CindyS said...

Yeah, complaining that my hubby has done all the unpacking and 15 loads of laundry is ... stupid!!

Tomorrow is all about me on our 'new to us' (used) lawn tractor mower thingie. I'm looking forward to seeing Bob's head explode from watching me shred the garden beds. I'm won't do it on purpose but I am extremely accident prone which is why we didn't buy a brand new tractor thingie because my feet would get too close to the blades.

I told him I didn't need a tractor (just a mini thing -I'll take pic) because Lord knows I need the exercise but I think he had visions of wheat field height grass if he didn't. *shrug* Sometimes it rains.

CindyS

ReneeW said...

So glad you got moved in without too much hassle. Wow, Bob sounds like the energizer bunny. You'll not be able to find where Bob put things for weeks but at least you don't have a bunch of boxes stacked around. Enjoy the pool! Someday I'm going to live where the weather is warm enough to have a pool.