Thursday, June 08, 2006

MEDIC!!!!

Ow, ow, ow, ow.

I think I can taste blood.

It's 10:30pm and I'm drenched in my own luscious sweat - yum - itching mosquito bites which I usually avoid like the plague, aching from my tippy toes to the top of my skull.

And the movers haven't shown up yet.

Damn, why wouldn't Bob just let the movers do all the work!

Anyways, we are truly blessed by good friends and family. We had eleven people, two pick-ups and two vans and one of those people unloads planes at UPS - my best bud Sue. Let me tell you, that woman is an ox and she kept us moving at a record pace!

In two hours we got all the boxes moved over along with some weird stuff that Bob decided had to go tonight.

Remember how I have movers coming tomorrow? *shrug*

Bob was impressed that we got so many boxes up the stairs. I got the young 'uns on the stairs and we handed them up in a 'chain gang' kind of way.

The highlight of the night was when Bob and Tom moved the fridge which obviously hadn't been moved since JFK had been in office. The crud behind that. Ugh. Then there were the mouse turds. Double ugh. THEN, I discovered that there was a water pan that somehow spilled water all over the floor and there we created the next incarnation of the bubonic plague.

My mother and I cleaned for a good 10 minutes but I kept gagging. I have a very weak gag reflex as in I can trigger it just by thinking about it.

So, I'm not sure how tomorrow is going to go because I have about 4 loads of laundry that are not packed - I was thinking of taking them over in the laundry baskets tomorrow. Course, that'll be if I can move tomorrow.

The other thing that is playing on my last nerve is that I have cable internet and where we are putting the computer doesn't have a jack and I'm wondering how everything will get back together.

So, if you don't hear from me for a while, rest assured that something has fucked up and I'm without an internet connection.

Oh look, there's smoke coming out of my ears.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Really long cable. It works.

Anonymous said...

so ... you settled in yet?
Hope everything went smoothly after that.