Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ants In The Pants


Huge thank you to Renee for opening the 'When you moving?' door for me.

Hey, be nice!

This picture makes me wonder about strapping stuff to the dogs and the cats. Actually, I'll be lucky if I don't end up with all four of them on my back in the 'scary new house - Mama!!' I have chickens in the shape of two enormous dogs and two fluffy cats.

Website where I found this wonderful picture - Terrapin - hope it's okay for me to post it here.

My husband walks around going 'two sleeps' until the new house. I'm not sure *I'm* going to get two sleeps because my scheme to go around the clock will be sharply squashed by the lawyers visit tomorrow at 4pm for all that closing mumbo-jumbo.

I'm just going to hold onto my anxiety pills like a blankey and eat 'em like candy. Aw, c'mon, I'm joking!

Okay, maybe I'm a little serious.

If Bob would have just left well enough alone I wouldn't get all that hyped but Bob has invited everyone we know to come on Thursday night to help move a room full of boxes! Now, I hired movers for a reason but Bob defies reason on a daily basis.

THEN, the movers come on Friday to move the heavy stuff - yep, me. Sorry, I'm a little loopy and I think I'm funny. Run with it. All I know is that right now, a bag of tissue paper is heavy to me so I'm feeling all sucky that we're having people come and help lift stuff that I hired people to lift!

Oh, I mentioned that already. I'm just saying.

So then on Saturday - ( for those keeping track that would be three straight days of me *not* sitting on my ass - C-Rex is going to emerge early on Saturday and I know there is going to be carnage. Bob seems okay with that. Grrrr. ) all the men in the family and a hired hand are going to be putting up a chain link fence at the new house because we have dogs and they need a fenced yard. Of course, someone didn't call the cable locate people soon enough so they might not be able to put the fence up. At which point Bob turns to me and says, 'what should we be doing if not putting up the fence?' because, like, there are people coming to help!!

I mentioned that hired hand right? Bob told him to keep this weekend open so Bob says it wouldn't be fair to say, ooops, made a mistake, how about next weekend?

Burn money, burn.

Now you're probably thinking, 'but, Cindy, you're not putting up the fence.' Correct! I have a crew of woman at the old house repainting trim and walls and shit. My favourite thing in the world when I'm PMS-ing and on a sleep schedule that only insomniacs keep! I told my 'peeps' that they are not to show before noon on Saturday because I'm hoping that I can do a coma sleep before everything gets too nutty.

Oh, well, an extra day of work, whoop-dee-do.

No, no, it gets better. Bobby in his infinite wisdom (which I may start claiming is an oxymoron - okay, he's just a moron - lucky bastard that I love him or I'd have to smother him in his sleep) is having Home Depot in on MONDAY to install new carpets in all the bedrooms and the hallway. So it's not like us ladies can have a tea party while we're painting.

Whadya mean you don't have tea parties when your painting!?

You're missing out! Actually I call them tea parties but my mom and her gals are lushes so it's actually a wine party but shhhhhhh, we don't tell the men. I'm just not in the mood to be a ring leader on Saturday because I know Bob is going to be fanatical about unpacking every box it has taken us weeks to pack the friggin' night before!

The only things that are essential - my bed with the right pillows, my books, the TV and the computer. Oh and toilet paper.

After that, I think I'm going to need a nap.

Or a trank.

Good news for you, I can blog my way through it!

Hey, where y'all going!!??

4 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

I know it's wrong, but reading your pain makes me laugh.

Good luck with the move, Cindy, and keep us informed as to every single tiny detail.

CindyS said...

Oh, Megan - you my friend will now get a minute by minute replay of my moving experience for you impertinence!! ;)

I'm glad that my pain gives others the chuckles because I'm one of those horrible people who busts a gut when someone pulls an 'American Funniest Home Video' moment. Some of that looks just plain painful ... still can't keep myself from laughing. Really, I laugh at the most inappropriate times. Bad Cindy.

CindyS

ReneeW said...

I'm laughing too (with you, not at you:) Your Bob sounds so much like my Bob, it's eerie. Mine is so obsessive about packing he drives me crazy (see my post about his golf trip and packing the RV). The last time we moved I swore I would never move again because I just about tore my hair out (or his). I figure I'm safe now because if we ever move again he will have to get rid of a TON of stuff so we can get into a smaller place and Mr. PackRat-I-Have-Two-Pickups will never be able to do it. Good luck with the move. And try to get some sleep :)

Tara Marie said...

Hehehe...

Just think you'll be in the new house and in all your glory, well, eventually.

Post pictures.