Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Oh Happy Day!!


Okay, we haven't moved yet and I haven't packed up the room I'm in but, and this is HUGE, I finished the ATBF column I have been working on for the past few weeks!!

Sweet Mary, Mother of God, I thank you!!

The last reader polls closed just this past Sunday night so I think we (LinnieGayl, Lee and I) did well to have it wrapped up at 5am on a Tuesday morning. Oh, okay, LinnieGayl needs to proof my stuff and then it's off to Laurie for comments and edits but the structure and the information is all there!

If it was just all plain commentary stuff I wouldn't have stressed but because it was numbers and analysis of data, well, I'm lucky that my head didn't implode. I think I had as many as four separate screens running to check publication dates, grades from reviews at AAR, the author's website, the inbox, the original list from the year 2000 and the new list from the past three months. Oh, and the word program that we were writing to. That's seven screens. I didn't want to exaggerate early on but I knew it was more screens than I am used to having open at one time. I don't even want to talk about how to find the original publication date of a book that has been re-issued. Thank goodness for Amazon's search inside the book feature so that I could look at the copyright pages.

Still. It doesn't take much to get me lost and seven screens has me clicking too many times to get where I need to be. As Bob says, I'm fast fingers (settle down) so I end up flashing past screens so fast I can't remember where I left off.

Why am I bitching? I'M DONE!!!!

*happy dance, happy dance, little boogawoo, happy dance*

So here are my choices. Pack up this room or go read Undead and Unpopular.

U&U baaaayyybeeeee!

Oh all right, I'll pack a little bit but the reward, the sweet reward! Uh, at least it better be a reward or I'll be asleep long before noon and that won't get me onto the path of a daywalker!

In case you are wondering I was looking for an image that would scream 'Oh Happy Day!' when I stumbled across this picture of an album by Nana!! Yep, there you have it. My deepest darkest secret. I like Nana Mouskouri. Oh and according to my husband Simon and Garfunkel music is the leading cause of suicide. He's wrong! S&G *sigh*

1 comment:

ReneeW said...

Yay! I'm looking forward to the article. Since I was one of the people who mentioned updating the favorites in the AAR survey, I thought I'd better vote every week. Thanks for all your (and LinnieG and Lee) hard work.

You are such a good girl to do all that packing. When's the big moving day?