Thursday, June 29, 2006

What is that Smell??? & Lightning

What a day.

I drag my sorry ass out of bed, go and do the 4 'absolutely must do' things that I have been neglecting and then finally I'm off to the 'other' house.

I believe I mentioned in the last post that I sprayed the SOB (shower) down with a chemical and ran out of there so I was a little concerned about possible fumes still in the house. I get downstairs and there is a hint of a smell but I figure I can handle it.

So, I jump in the shower and start scrubbing like there's chocolate under all the layers of soap scum. Huge hint guys - you can take a glass scraper (a blade with a handle that people use on their glass top stoves to clean them) and peel soap scum off of the plastic part of the shower! You have to be careful not to gouge the plastic but wow, when I was done it looked like I had finely shaved white chocolate on the bottom of my shower.

No. I did not eat it.

I just couldn't believe that I still had soap scum on the shower when I had sprayed chems, left it for 24 hours and then scrubbed everything with hot water!

I hate soap scum but, I'm glad I finally figured out how to get it off without burning my lungs.

Still, there is this odor in the bathroom that I can't quite place.

I go over to the bathtub and see that some whiz kid has put two small carpets inside it and they look like they had been wet. I go to move them and holy shit!!!

I'm telling you, I have never smelled a dead donkey's ass but I think I know what it might smell like now! I couldn't believe the swamp gas that roared up from the tub. Then I turn the water on thinking it will get the funky water out but the water comes out brown and the smell gets worse!

I finally got the nerve up to double up a garbage bag and roll the carpets - let them drain their stinky donkey ass water into the tub and dispose of them outside.

Do you think that scent has left my nasal passages? This was 8 hours ago and every once in a while I get a whiff of dead donkey butt. I changed my clothes and all but now I'm scared the smell is in my hair.

I wanted to swim when I got home but there was lightning and I respect the hell out of that stuff and won't go outside when it's possible to get struck.

Total tangent and kinda grim but again, it's my brain. Follow along if you dare.

I had a friend who was struck by lightning and died two weeks before he turned 16 - I think I was twelve at the time and Billy (my brother) was 7. Do most people know someone who has been struck? I just ask because I had heard people talk about it and I'm beginning to think there are more people who know people who have been hit than anyone really thinks.

My brother's friends used to rib him about his hightailing behaviour when storms rolled in. Then one of his friends was umping a T-ball tournament that was delayed because of rain. When the rain let up, the players took the field and one of the boys in the outfield was struck and killed by lightning. He doesn't talk much about it but he said the worst part was hearing the father sobbing over his child. Ever since then, Billy says his buddy now outruns him when a storm rolls in.

Let's bring this up to a funnier memory because I don't want to depress ya!

Bob and I had only been dating about 6 months when we loaded the dogs up in the car to take them to the park. I noticed lightning in the distance and immediately told Bob to turn the car around. I know I told Bob about my fear but I don't think he knew the scope of it.

He says not to worry because it's way off and we get out of the car. I'm making whimpering noises because it's the first time I've deliberately gone out when I can see a storm rolling in. We get to the park but I start to panic and tell Bob that we should turn back. At the same time he lets the dogs off their leads. Now, keep in mind the dogs were about 2 years and 6 months of age and were full of puppy vigor. Bob hands me both leads and I say we have to leave but he's not listening.

I swear to God the lightning that burst through the sky was only a kilometer away and my brain said 'RUN!' and I fucking tore up ground. I can hear Bob yelling but I'm not stopping until I get in the car. And I'm running and I hear something and I continue to run and I may have even started to cry and then I hear "DROP THE G*D DAMN LEADS!!!"

Bob recounts how I didn't even break stride as he saw these two plastic cases the leads come in fly over my head and land somewhere behind me. I think the only reason I reacted to him was because his voice was booming and I had never heard him swear before.

Poor Bob had been trying to wrangle the mongrels up only to discover I had hauled ass. He and the dogs were soaked when they got to the car and the look I got - wowza. I told him it was his own fault because I had told him how afraid I was and he hadn't listened.

Well, he listens now.

AND don't even get me started on a nude Britney Spears, The View's queen diva bitch Barbara Walters (could someone fetch her high horse please?) and the fact that my bookstore had a buy 4 get the third paperback free!!!

You know my, 'can't buy books by authors that I have in my TBR pile that I haven't read yet' uh, deal? It's a bitch!! Not only that, try buying a romance that is a stand alone story. Just a good ol' romance. I thought maybe I should give Feehan another chance or Sherrilyn Kenyon but where do I start!?

I'll tell you the books I bought on tomorrow's blog because this is getting long! I mananged *not* to buy Danse Macabre but only because I know it will be cheaper to buy it online.

I'm such a ho. I wonder if Bam has read it yet.

Edited: Oh shit! She has! Off to read.

3 comments:

ReneeW said...

When I'm out of town I sure miss the belly laughs you give me :) Glad to be back and catch up with all your 'adventures'. Lightning is nothing to mess around with so your fear is not unreasonable. A woman was struck by lightning in the park near our house.

Yes, do tell about the books you bought. Bam didn't think too much of Danse Macabre, so it's prolly a good thing you resisted.

Anonymous said...

hey cindy,

Just wanted to thank you for spotting that missing comment box. It's fixed now.

Wanna add any to your TBR pile ;-)
I add Feehan on my wishlist a while back ... do tell if it's any good when you're done.

CindyS said...

Renee - awwwww, you're so sweet to make me feel like I'm all funny and stuff. I think Bam may have cured me - Bam was as much of a fangirl as I was and if she ain't happy, I won't be happy!

Ag - glad it wasn't just my computer - in regards to my TBR pile, I'm afraid of the commitment ;)

CindyS