Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Plans? I Don't Need No Stinkin' Plans!

Actually I do need plans but everyone keeps messing with my days.

Okay, let's be honest. BOB is messing with my days.

Good news on the Cody front. Urinary tract infection which should be cured with antibiotics - yeah!!! Too bad my basement stinks of lavender Pine Sol and doggy urine. Poor incontinent puppy. This means I need a good four hours in the basement cleaning this indoor carpet they have on the floor. Four hours because I have poured the pine sol on straight and left it there to disinfect. Since Cody is losing control of his bladder about every half hour, I have about 10 spots on this carpet that need to be attended to and I have to find my little bissel cleaner because Bob won't let me tear up the carpet. I told him we could but the carpet squares that you peel up if they have a mess but Bob ain't listening because he figures Rocky has about a year to go and he doesn't want Rocky doing his 'oh my God, is this ice I'm standing on' walk.

Yeah, Bob isn't connecting to my idea of putting in a pull up carpet. At our old house we had laminate floor (easy to clean up any accidents!) and Rocky would act like a freshly born colt trying to find it's legs every time he got on it.

Crazy Dog.

Crazy Husband.

Anyways, *I* won't last the year if I have to deal with urine and feces and odors! I told Bob today that I had to deal with one of the cats and their #2 and then Cody and his #1 (had to catch it with a Ziploc tub so they could test the urine - what a treat!) and then, Rocky and Cody and their #2s. I walk them everynight before bed whereas before I could let them out in the fenced yard.

Stooping and scooping blows. I'm doing it though so be proud.

I told Bob tonight that karma is now kicking my ass for my wimpiness this weekend. Then again, I'm not embarrassing the dogs or myself when I am gagging to the point of the dry heaves. They don't know what's happening. So even though I'm paying I know I am not creating any further embarrassment so I guess if my punishment is to deal with the animal crap (hey Megan, I can put literally here right?) then I will do my duty.

Good Cindy.

The other thing I *have* to get done this week is the painting at our other house so we can put it up for sale. Now, since I had to deal with Cody today I knew that painting was out of the question so I have been mentally preparing myself for painting on Tuesday. Now see, I'm not much for spontaneity especially if something needs to get done. Remember the grass cutting? I get out of bed, shower and put my ass on the mower seat. That's how it gets done. If anything interrupts the flow, the grass doesn't get cut that day.

With that in mind I am mentally preparing to get out of bed (setting the alarm - oooooh, ahhhhh), showering, get the dogs out for a quick bit of business, get in my car, drive to the house and set up to paint. This is how I know I will get something done.

Tonight just before Bob goes to bed he says 'I will be home around 3pm tomorrow because of my MRI (which is at 8:30pm and no, there is no prep work necessary so I guess I will have to watch Bob do his anxious puttering)'. Great. I said to Bob I was planning on painting but that I wouldn't go. He agreed but said we could go and prep (taping off baseboard and such) and that may actually work!

It's just weird to have Bob around so much (he was just on a week's vacation!) because each of us has a routine that doesn't involve the other person. When I get my sleep screwed up, I can be wide awake when Bob gets up and I throw him off also. He'll have all these plans but since I'm up, he spends his time with me. (what a cutie ;))

So there you have it. Plans that aren't plans and now replans.

You know, I used to be a simple girl.

I heard that!

5 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

Yes, you CAN put literally there.

And I know what you mean about needing plans. That's my whole deal, not being spontaneous.

Good luck with all that, it sounds messy.

Suisan said...

Oh, I'm terrible about getting anything done when my husband's around.

I have all these things I mean to do, but I end up standing around the house, watching him surf the internet, trying to decide whether I should start a project, or hold off in case he decides that the family should all go on an outing, which would mean that I'd have to leave the project half-done.

That just made me sound stupidly weak and dependent on him and his whims, but my ability to plan anything really freezes up when he's around. And he says the same thing too. If I come work at the shop he's at sixes and sevens.

Good luck w/doggies, kitties, and stinks. Been there, done that, no fun. But essential. But no fun.

CindyS said...

Megan - I'm glad I'm not the only one. If I know I have nothing to do then I don't mind drop ins and such. I normally don't mind it at all but I do start to feel like I'm falling behind.

Suisan - I think it's a common thing that happens with everyone. Bob and I are famous for saying things like 'tomorrow we will clean the house' only to wake up and go 'screw it, let's go shopping!'. I also have something that won't allow me to clean in front of other people. Don't know where that comes from but I like cleaning when no one is around and I can wear my scruffy clothes and bleach the hell out of every thing ;) Every where I look at this house I just want to get a bottle of bleach and scrub. I guess the house will be scrubbed over the next few months. I just have to prioritize. I mean, she had it well cleaned before we got here but ... okay, I'm just crazy ;)

CindyS

ReneeW said...

Poor puppies! In the last year or so for my dog, he used to have that little urinary problem. I found that there is a product out now that kills doggie urine odors. I can't remember the name but ask at a pet supply store. It actually worked and was better than pinesol which has such a strong scent.

Man, I hate having Bob around longer than a weekend. He drives me crazy. I don't know what I'll do with him when he retires. I may run away from home.

CindyS said...

Renee - I think it is the stuff that I use but I ran out and a jug of it cost like 30 bucks! I might go and get some but I figure the liter of straight Pine Sol might need to be sopped up.

I got a test run of what life might be like when we retire when Bob worked from home for a year. It took me four months before I realized that I wasn't going to get anything done. After that, I just went with the flow.

I think everyone has that horrible adjustment period when someone retires. I was sure my mom was going to kill my dad but 5 years later everyone is in one piece and they found a routine that they enjoyed. Then my dad decided to go back to work full-time for the next four years! That rocked my boat and I don't even live with them!

CindyS