Thursday, November 09, 2006

Already!!!???

I'm overwhelmed.

I knew it was there in the background but I was ignoring it.

The last few days have made me stop and look in the background because I had to start getting honest.

I currently have 5 different rooms under renovation in our house. Bob tore out our downstairs bathroom uh, three weeks ago? I hadn't even ordered the tile yet and I haven't cracked open the paint. I feel overwhelmed just looking at this little drapery piece that needs to be taken down and a shelf my father made me full of bathroom knick-knacks that has to be moved in order to paint the smallest room in existence. My problem is that there is crap every where in this house and I have no clue where to put anything while painting this tiny cubby hole!

I'm not impressed with myself!

The upstairs bedroom is at a stalemate and Bob went and bought a floor sander because our wood floors are natural with varathane and I prefer deep dark stain. Right now it is sitting in the middle of the bedroom floor. Just sitting there. Mocking me. Christmas is coming and we will have a house full so forget about sanding the floors, I need to order beds!!

Since one of the biggest closets in the house is full of my books (in boxes) I don't have anywhere to store stuff that just needs to get put away! Not my fault! I don't have bookcases! I threatened to just go to IKEA but Bob didn't like that. Now I think I'm just going to do it and forget what his plans are.

The other bedroom has the scary plaid wallpaper but Bob has this frickin' ceiling fan that I have asked him to put in the basement which his reply is 'I'm putting that up in our bedroom'. We can't put the stupid fan up because we have a four poster bed with cross rails and the fan that is there at the moment hits the frame! Bob somehow thinks that he will be able to center the fan, build a huge box above the bed with pot lights in probably the next week.

Bobby time.

Or what I like to call, Contractoritis. Bob has no clue how long anything really takes so I am usually left tripping over a fan for a year before he gets around to putting it up. I need this huge ass fan to move from the floor of the plaid room so that I can strip the damn paper!!

I'm a klutz when there's nothing in my way, put a few obstacles on a floor and a 911 phone call is imminent!

Looks like I'm going to be traipsing up and down the two flights of stairs in the house carrying a fan and whatever else can be moved to the basement. Then I'll have to figure out where to hide the 400 lb floor sander so that I can trigger the 'out of sight, out of mind' feature in Bob.

Hey, sometimes it works.

Then, there is the den which I'm sitting in right now. 70s paneling is bad enough but I bought a couch that almost blends in with it (I knew we'd paint this room sooner or later) and then Bob bought a pine piece from Depot that I had to stain (oh, no, really, I have plenty of time) and it's taking up floor space because he mounted the TV on the wall too low and every time he goes to move it I'm watching a show I MUST SEE!!

Seriously, messing with my TV can get a person maimed.

Okay, I could go on but I need to vent about what happened while I was watching LOST the first time. Yeah, you caught that?

I'm sitting on the couch completely caught up in the show when three loud beeps cut off the sound and then the scrolling weather thing pops up for Buffalo.

WTF!!!!

It did it during the show three frickin' times and one was when Sawyer asked Kate about love (Yes, I had to watch the midnight show to find out what he said). I was furious. Which is horribly stupid but I couldn't help but notice that I was seriously bent out of shape.

The third time the weather thing beeped I yelled out FUCK! Which I try not to say too often so I knew I was pissed.

Fog. Really? This is a huge problem? NOT HERE!!!

Sorry, with that snow storm Buffalo had a few weeks ago added to this, I have just had my TV watching interrupted one too many times!

Enough.

I don't want to watch TV on the Buffalo station any more! Too bad it's the only station playing some of my favourite shows.

Fuck!

3 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

LOL about the weather bulletin. Don't you hate those things? I was watching that oh so not to miss scene when I got an attack of the sneezies. Eight in a row I had. So I too was forced ;) to watch it later.

Mailyn said...

Aww, I'm sorry to hear you have so much to do! Can't you get someone to help you do that stuff so it can be done before the family comes for the holidays? Or, if not, then I say go with the "thow everything in the basement" idea. At least it will be out of the way and you can always lock the door. :-)

Bob & Muffintop said...

I'm exhausted just reading that, girlfriend. I'd say do the bathroom, especially with all of the company coming, plus the tv issue. That way all the rest of it can be casually heaved into the basement like Mailyn says.

Just tell Bob you'll sand the pine thingie as soon as he installs/fixes the celiing fan. LOLOL