Sunday, November 26, 2006

Pass The Gas Mask Please!

Well, Cody is back to his ol' self but with a new and improved (in a kill you dead kinda way) uh, scent.

Yes. Our dog is a lethal weapon. Or at least, his butt is.

My brother and his girlfriend came over today and we were in another room (living room) while Cody was snoozing at the other side of the house. I think they were here for about an hour before I said 'oh, by the way, Cody has gas' and my brother says 'no kidding!'.

I was stunned that they were able to smell him but OMG!! Once they knew I knew there was a smell, Krista started taking her sweater and covering her nose. I was the farthest away so I couldn't smell anything until I got up to get them drinks and hit a wall of 'Holy Mary Mother of God what died!' smell.

Yes.

It's that bad.

I woke up this morning and was in the room with Cody for about an hour before I just couldn't take it anymore and went upstairs. Seriously, the only thing that'll save you is to be on a different floor! I even opened up windows to get fresh air in the house and still, we're afraid to light matches.

Bob has suggested we turn off the pilot light on the furnace.

It's been like this for three days.

I'm not sure I know what fresh air would smell like!

Other than that, I'm a wee bit emotional and can't remember when I took my meds last. Let's just say that I did the marathon sleeping thing to get my sleep to a regular pattern and that's a sure way to make sure I don't remember entire days. I have no clue what I did on Saturday. Not a one.

Oh wait.

I remember watching about 8 hours of the TV show The 4400. Not all at once mind you but close enough. I got to the stage where I had been up for way too long and wasn't able to wind back down. And I was lonely because Bob didn't know I was going to be up during the day and he was pulled in to work at the reno home (although I was told he was done there until January).

Since I won't drive if I am the least bit sleepy I stayed in. Also, I don't really enjoy shopping by myself and I couldn't think of anything pressing that I needed to get. Most of my friends live an hour away so I couldn't just call someone up and say, hey, meet me over at the mall.

I also can't get into any book I pick up right now but I seem more in the mood for crosswords than for just sitting and reading. I think I might have to get some keepers off the shelf to get me back into the swing of things. I finished A Thief in a Kilt and would give it a C but I'll write up my reasons hopefully in the next post.

Tonight I went and rented 4 movies. The DaVinci Code (never read the book and haven't seen it yet), An Inconvenient Truth (could be about dogs with horrible gas), Ice Age II because I'm still a kid at heart and X-Men III because I'm a sucker for Sci-fi/Fantasy crap.

Now I just have to be able to sit in the TV room long enough to watch any of these. Right now, tears are streaming down my face just writing up this post.

Oh, Cody is on two new drugs - one for his liver and one for pain and we're wondering if this eau d'toilet (literally) scent is a side effect.

If so, it's going to be one hell of a few months!

2 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

I remember when I was small my gramma had a dog named Binky. He had terrible terrible gas. So did my gramma. When we visited her, one of us "lucky" sisters (usually me) got to sleep with gramma and Binky. Oh Lord - I never knew which one was worse - but the smells coming from that bedroom made my young eyes water!

Rosie said...

Cindy, I just had a chance to catch up on the news about Cody. I hope things continue in a good vein...the fragrant side effects aside.