Wednesday, November 15, 2006

There, There

In the past 27 hours I have had 3 hours sleep.

Yeah, I'm a real princess right now.

The uncute but, very nice pool guys left at 12:30pm and I crawled into bed at 1:30pm. From my last docs appointment I changed my pain pills to Ibuprofen and discovered I would prefer to feel some pain to feeling like I'm about to hurl at any second. Back to tylenol for me.

In fear of making myself puke I didn't take any Ibuprofen before crawling into bed so I woke up at 4:30pm with some major crampage.

I love being a woman, but this part blows.

Now, I am over tired which always freaks me out and I'm afraid to go to bed in case I can't sleep.

Hey, you've been here long enough to know I've never claimed to be sane.

Stupid brain.

The good news is I am reading a book.

The bad news? It's not perfect by a long shot but I will prevail. I will finish a book that will not receive a keeper grade.

A Thief in a Kilt by Sandy Blair - Her last book was a keeper for me so I went into this with some expectations. Since I'm still reading the book I won't do a full review here.

Here is what you need to know.

1. The first few chapters has the heroine acting like such a fearful mouse that I was sure I was going to chuck the book at any moment. The heroine has passed that stage now (thank you) but if I hadn't been strident in my need to just read a friggin' book already I may have put it aside.

2. And this is where it gets ugly. Every character Hmphs (or however Blair spells it), acks and arghs. I started to count them on the page and if I hit two acks on one page it was a small blessing. I never notice things like this (seriously, the first time someone commented on Ward using 'wifebeater' in her book as a description I almost fell out of my chair. Since I find that term ugly I was surprised I had never noticed it in her books) so if I am noticing it I'm surprised an editor didn't notice and slash at the very least, half of them.

Now I am mentally skipping them whenever I come across these words and I'm not stretching the truth when I say they are on every page. If all these sounds had been scrubbed from the book it would be sitting firmly in a B range for a review. Oh and then there was a parrot that I wasn't expecting that spoke before the reader knew who was speaking and yes, he said 'Awk' I read the sentence at least three times trying to figure out why the heroine was suddenly 'awking'.

Why continue on? Because I will break this slump by force of will (I will dammit!) and I have chuckled at a few scenes and every once in a while the heroine says something funny. I'll do a full review once I finish the book.

Since I will probably fall into a sleep coma at some point, don't be surprised if I disappear for a day.

And I hate when I am craving a food but don't have a clue what it is. I have Sour Kids, All Dressed potato chips, Corn chips, Cheesies, Sour Cream and Onion chips, Dairy Milk chocolate (straight chocolate with no frills), chocolate chip cookies, Animal crackers (the batch I have are over baked and have a burnt taste to them but they help keep the nausea at bay), Coca-cola, chocolate cupcakes (I thought maybe I wanted cake) and ice cream. Also, swiss steak, real beef gravy and mashed potatoes. Don't worry, I would eat a few of something, realize it wasn't working and leave it be.

Okay, the tylenol just quit so I'm off to medicate and veg in front of the TV. I just need to find something interesting to watch.

AND Goodnight!

12 comments:

dancechica said...

Reading about all that food you have made me hungry! Mmm. I love food! lol.

Well, I hope you feel better and that the cramps go away soon. Get some good sleep! :-D

Rosie said...

I hope that you aren't reading this for a long time because you are peacefully at sleep!

CindyS said...

Dance Chica - I thought I should list every think I have in case someone goes 'Well, duh! You need _____'

Rosie - I posted at 11 something pm and it's 3:30am - I can honestly say that I think I will be in bed by 4am. My eyes are just starting to hurt. Weird how the body will mess with itself!

I'm going to blog hop for a bit longer and keep winding down. It's nice to go to everyone's blog and read about their days and their books. I'm definitely feeling better from the last few days. I'm feeling more like my normal easy going self ;)

Cindy

Cindy

Mailyn said...

I read the sentence at least three times trying to figure out why the heroine was suddenly 'awking'.

LMAO! The heroine turned into a parrot. :-P

Dude if you eat all that food you'll have double the cramps! Whenever I feel like puking I try lemon type soda pop. That seems to help. I hope you get lots of sleep and feel like yourself soon! :-)

Unknown said...

Dairymilk chocolate is the best (if you cant' get any Purdy's) :-)

~ames~ said...

Having cramps - eat a banana!

Also, stay far away from caffeine. :P

Hope you're having a nice sleep now. I've been plagued by nightmares two nights in a row. :(

C2 said...

I notice there was nothing peanut butter-y on your list...peanut butter is the remedy for all ills (unless you're allergic, of course). :o) A day without peanut butter is a day without sunshine! Especially Reese's white chocolate miniature peanut butter cups! And white chocolate doesn't have caffeine to keep you awake. See? The perfect snack!

Bob & Muffintop said...

I'm starving now, can I come over and raid the fridge?? I promise not to leave crumbs everywhere.

Hope you get some much deserved rest. And no more cramps.

CindyS said...

I'm UP!!

Mailyn - yes, gingerale is always better but I don't have any - much better today since I stopped taking the IB

Laura - Purdys? Hmmm, looks like I need to go shopping! I actually love real swiss chocolate but only plain. When I *need* a chocolate hit it must be plain!

Ames - I loathe bananas! Bob will buy them and even the smell freaks me out! Ugh. Sorry about the nightmares - I think mine might be sticking around for a while since someone mentioned that bad dreams can be a side effect of one of my anxiety meds - perfect.

C2 - Of course!! Peanut butter and dairy milk chocolate would sooo rock right now! Thank you!

Bookwormom - Oh I wish someone would come and clean my pantry out! It's horrible when I know I have every kind of junk food imaginable in my pantry because it's too easy to just munch during TV shows. Must. Lose. Weight!

ReneeW said...

Jeez, you're making me hungry too. I got on the scale this morning (ugh) and have been dieting all day. IB does that to my stomach too unless I drink a gallon of water or eat something with it. I hope you get some sleep. Cramps are a BITCH. I have had to give up chocolate because it was giving me a tummy ache but I discovered the reason why... it has MILK in it. But I'm dying for chocolate (especially Reese's PB cups). OK Ive got the munchies now, off to see what's in the cupboards. One more day of work, then I'm off for 10 days. Yippee!!

Mailyn said...

Come back to the land of insomnia. I miss you. :-(

But I hope you got some good sleep! :-)

CindyS said...

Mailyn - now you're going to be wishing I hadn't posted ;)

Cindy