Sunday, November 12, 2006

Head's Up!!

My family was here tonight and I'm bagged so I just thought I would pop in and pimp the current AAR mini-poll.

We are polling for Top Ten Hanky Read Authors and Top Ten Hanky Read Titles - these are authors who wring you out emotionally when reading their books. (just personally, I would say Laura Kinsale is an author who I know I have to have a certain energy to read her book). Then list your 10 favorite books that you have found emotionally draining in a weepy way ;)

Also, we are polling for your Top Ten Favorite Holiday Romances (I was at Devonna's and she had Macomber up and was saying how her books are some of the best for Christmas and I realized I should pimp the mini-polls) but, don't feel you are limited to any one holiday! Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween etc.

And finally, we are re-polling for E-books. These are from the romance genre and must be books that started out as an e-book. Therefore, it might be in print now but, as long as the book got it's start as an e-book, it's eligible.

Here's my reminder post from AAR here (just in case I'm not making the greatest of sense and you need clarification)

If you're ready then go here to get your lists in!!

C'mon, going and voting means I can't be lazy! That's right, you will know that you personally made me do work.

Wow, you all disappeared fast!

9 comments:

~ames~ said...

I'm such a perv. Or I hang out with sick men. I was thinking of something else in regards to a hanky read. LOL

But I'm not really one for holiday themed books. :( I'm a grinch you know.

CindyS said...

Ames, that's why I love you, you perv ;) I'm a grinch too!!!

Cindy

Mailyn said...

LMAO Ames!!!!

Books don't make me cry, unless an animal dies or something but I think that somehow they are talking about romance over there. LOL.

Oh I did cry like crazy when Dumbledore died. :-(

But that's it. :-)

Damn I've missed so many posts! I can't be away for a day or I miss so much. :-P

Kyahgirl said...

Ames, you naugty girl! Its funny because it reminds me of a couple of books I read in a row where the hero takes a hanky out before doing the heroine and wipes her up after. I can't remember who the author was. sorry, way off topic!!

You know Cindy, I feel intimidated about answering these polls because i always figure I haven't read enough books to have a worthy opinion. Isn't that stupid? Yeah. Anyway, I promise to read through my library list and try to do the poll.

How much I cry often depends on where I am in my cycle too :-)

Dev said...

Well, if Ames is a grinch, I'm a complete sap and happily admit it. I start listening to Christmas songs November 1 straight through until January 1. I'm just happier listening to it. I've ordered some more Christmas stories from the library to read ~ hopefully they'll be ready this week. I'm just in the mood.

Cindy ~ I'll pop on over to AAR tonight. I'd hate to think that you had nothing to do :-)

dancechica said...

Thanks Mailyn! For that HP spoiler! God! I could kill you! Do you know how long I've been avoiding HP spoilers? *grumble, grumble* I don't even remember my comment now. LOL.

dancechica said...

But I still love you sweetie. :-P LOL.

~ames~ said...

DUMBLEDORE DIES???????

NOOOOO!!!

Dammit-I didn't know that. I didn't get that far into the series yet. :(

Well that's it. I'm not reading them anymore.

BTW, I love you too Cindy. :) We can be pervy Canadians together. LOL

Mailyn-the Black Jewels didn't make you cry? It made me cry, but not as much as Kushiel's Scion.

CindyS said...

Mailyn - yep we're talking romance but remember you don't actually have to cry - I know I have hit quite a scene if my eyes well up - I've only sobbed with two books and I won't be reading either again - AKISA and No Place Like Home by Barbara Samuel - it was a 'meh' read until the last two chapters and then I was wrecked!

Kyahgirl - I feel like that too!! What I've learned is that you can only go by what you have read. There are books I won't be touching with a 10' pole because I know the book won't work for me, but they are consistently voted for. If you have time go and vote - there are no wrong answers ;)

As to crying - If life isn't working I'm more apt to cry but it would still have to be fairly devastating and hopeless for me to cry.

Devonna - I'm only a grinch in that Christmas Day is a panic attack fest - This year I am putting on the carols Dec 1 - maybe even the last week in November - I've already started to sing 'Do You Hear What I Hear?' This is the first year in a long time that I have started to feel the spirit. Oh and thanks for making me work - it's good for me I'm sure ;)

Dance Chica and Ames - should I delete Mailyn's comment or is it too late? Course, I have never read the HPs so I'm not invested ;)

Cindy