Sunday, November 26, 2006

New and Improved Cindy?

Edited - find a wooden wishing well and buy flat rocks to write on because I can only bring 'well wishes' to my Aunt Nora so I figured this would be a cute joke - I will write words on the stones - if I can actually get this done I will take a picture of it.

1. I'm up during daylight hours.

2. It's going to be unseasonably warm over the next few days. (Yee-haw!!)

3. Bob has asked that I cut the grass again which means charging the battery on the tractor - yay! Last time I did that I had sparks arcing everywhere. (Boo-hiss-boo)

4. I want our house decked out for Christmas since we are hosting it this year.

5. I'm afraid of heights.

6. We now live in a 2 storey home. (Where do I put the lights!?)

7. There's a huge blue spruce tree in the front yard. (I don't own a boom truck!)

8. I will put 911 on speed dial and pray I'm not as klutzy as I know I am.

9. I have to pick a new paint colour for the bathroom because it turns out the one I picked is too dark. And too green. This means another Home Depot run. (Uber-hiss-boo!!)

10. It's time to set up the second guest room before my chest pains get any worse. Procrastination is no longer an option.

11. Get this! I have done quite a lot of my Christmas shopping over the net and having stuff delivered straight to my door. Believe it or not this is a great anxiety buster. Now I just have to find something unique for my Dad and then for my wonderful hubby. After that, it's all the little stuff.

12. Let's just get real for a moment. It's the little stuff that's the killer.

13. I must do up all our Christmas cards. I don't want people getting our cards in January like in the second year of our marriage. Jan 15th to be exact. Ugh.

14. I'm going to do indoor lights around all our front windows - we have a traditional square house and I think having the window lit up will bring some cheer. This will cost money because I don't actually have these lights. I'm also not telling Bob so he can be surprised when he gets home. On that note, anyone know how to do this without using tape? Do they have a window trimming kit nowadays?

15. Reading? *snort* Anne Stuart may have to get up on deck because I need to get sucked into a book!

16. Organizing all the 'shit' for lack of a better word so that I don't feel like I'm about to be attacked by all the clutter in my house. (Shhhh, I've been hearing about a coup for a few days now)

17. Go to thrift stores and see if I can find a wooden chest of drawers to paint for one of the bedrooms. Yeah, this one is soooo not happening. I'm not so good with the antiques/second hand shopping. I get bored fast.

18. I figure that's enough for this week and will re-visit how I did next Monday.

Hmmm, setting goals and then evaluating my success.

Interesting concept.

New.

But interesting.

3 comments:

nath said...

hmm, seems like you have so much things to do Cindy! You have all my support :D and keep us updated on the progress!

Go Cindy go! Go Cindy go!

ps- how long do you think that the new and improved Cindy is going to last? if it was me, I'd say probably 1 week... I'm way to lazy to keep up this new image!

Dev said...

New and improved? I want the old Cindy back! :-)

Wow you've got a lot to do. I'll be thinking of you as lay around my house trying to get sucked into a good book. I want my reading mojo back.

Rosie said...

A list! A woman after my own heart. You have some pretty formidable items there, but I'm sending lots of good "get things done" karma!