Saturday, November 18, 2006

Roll Call

I'm still not finished the book.

I haven't painted yet.

I'm currently gathering all the information I will need to write up a summary for the AAR mini-polls that are still running. They end tonight at midnight but I wanted to get ahead of the 'nightmare of writer's block' that normally happens when I'm on a deadline. If I start before I feel pressured at least I can get something down before losing my way.

By the way, super duper (as Mailyn would say) thank yous to all of you that went over and voted!

Christmas has been flipping me the bird for the last little bit and I'm wondering what the big deal would be if I crawled into bed and didn't come out until May. I might even shed some weight.

Then I remember my brother has been laid off since August with no signs of a call back and a friend who once did something stupid and now has a criminal record has just learned that the organization he is working for might require police checks done on it's employees in order to land a new contract.

Talk about bad news.

I figure if all I have to worry about is finding the 'perfect' gift for a loved one, then I have come out of this truly blessed.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

I know the feeling...

Bob & Muffintop said...

Oh God. Let's not talk about Christmas. I've not done a blessed thing. YET.