Saturday, November 04, 2006

Sleepy Cindy

I was upset today when I realized I had missed a post at Kristie's about her getting a new job. (Woohoo!!!) I immediately commented and wondered what I had done to miss her post. After jumping around on a few blogs and discovering TONS of posts I had missed well, I was stymied.

Oh yeah! Yesterday I got up around 3:30pm. Then I remember Bob coming home and well, I was super grumpy. Uber Bitch was skulking about making life miserable. I finally turned to Bob and said 'I think I better go lay down and see if I can get this bitch out of me'. Bob promptly agreed.

So I went up at 7:30pm for a nap. I did wake up a few times and considered getting up but I still felt tired so I rolled over and fell back asleep.

I woke up today at 7:30am.

Yep, I was awake for what? Five hours yesterday? No wonder I missed a bunch of posts! I slept most of the day away!

The great news is that I woke up totally refreshed and ready to get some serious shit done.

Cody and I tackled the continued cleaning of the pool. The other day the water wasn't so cold so I didn't worry about having to plunge my arm in to fill the stupid hose up with water. Well. That was a very bad idea. My arm hurt for about 15 minutes afterwards and Cody and I had to take a break.

I was able to get out there and vacuum about 1/3 of the pool (it's HUGE!! and I'm not used to that). Then I had to empty the filter in the house and re-prime the pump. Re-priming the pump involves putting your arm back in the water for way too long so I decided to let Bob do some of this work. Yeah. Cody and I called it an afternoon.

We (Cody and I - seriously, my dog is now my shadow!) then watched Mission Impossible III and all I have to say on that is WTF was going on!? There was no point to this movie. Even at the end of the movie *they* don't tell you what it was that was so important as to have certain people die or need to be killed. I just don't get what the movie was about. Now, just so you know, I loved MI:II. I thought it was very romantic whereas this one felt creepy in it's romance because the romance heroine looked like she was 18 and well, Cruise was looking a little crazy. Not. Good.

Oh, there was this one scene that was continuous of Ethan Hawke (Cruise) running full out without a camera break. In other words, Cruise had to run full out for about a minute. I found that impressive for a man over 40 years old. I used to be a sprinter and nowadays I go three steps and my knee winks out and I fall. I guess it pays to be rich and have trainers and dieticians at your demand.

Oooops. Envious Cindy.

I also watched the movie Click at some point yesterday although I have no recollection of the time. Weird.

If you have seen a Sandler movie then you already know his funny stuff and that stuff was there but I've seen it before so, not so funny.

The concept of the film for me, had a flaw.

See, he could FF through things that he didn't have time for or whatever. He FF to the time when his Boss promoted him and discovered that his boss made him wait for an entire year before doing so. Thus, a year of his life had passed. Then the controller learns his patterns of what he likes to FF and starts doing it automatically. Not Good. It's actually cool how the hero gets warped through time because of previous setting on the controller and I did manage a few tears at the end but still. THERE WAS A REWIND BUTTON!!! Seriously, if your whole premise for a movie is that some person can pause and then FF through some crap in his life then isn't also possible for him to rewind to the part where he wants to be?

So that one set off my 'illogical' button.

To end here's a picture of my Cody Bear out helping with the pool.

Doesn't that look just say 'Fuck You!'

And that was on the warm day! It was frickin' cold outside today - there were actual snow flakes floating around.

Not. Impressed.

Okay, off to bed because my best buds are coming for a visit and I need to be on my game.

10 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

Cindy: I've learned to reload the page quite often 'cause I miss quite a few that way too. I'll be thinking 'hmm, no new entries for a while and then reload the page and low and behold, I missed a couple of them. It's annoying and I don't know why it does this. It didn't used to.

nath said...

Cindy!! Cody is sooo cute! But was he wet in that picture? You are so courageous to be cleaning your pool... I would like be, nope I'll do another task instead. So again, good job :D

Jennie said...

I've given up on Cruise movies. To be honest, I never really got the appeal of him all that much. And now that he's crazy? No thanks. :p

CindyS said...

Kristie - I've been using Firefox because of the raves but it is the worst offender for not refreshing pages! *Mailyn scream off stage*

Nath - Nope Cody wasn't wet - he looks tubby in that picture which is why I thought it looked so funny. It was like he squashed himself into the smallest ball and just glared at me - I've gotten to the point that I know if I don't close the pool Bob will leave it open and create a skating rink on it over the winter and that is so not going to happen!!!

Jennie - I have never been attracted to Cruise either - sometimes I see him and think, meh, not bad but his scary ass grin is not a good thing. We went to see War of the Worlds on the big screen with my family and I only saw Cruise for the first few minutes - then all I saw was the character he was playing. The Mission Impossible movies seem to be more about him than about the characters. Also, he was in love in this movie and you can see just how creepy that would be - his grin was weird. Also, I thought he was wearing a weird nose thing because it looks bloated - I kept waiting for makeup to realize they had left a blob on his face. Uh, no. Looks like it *is* his face. Blergh.

Cindy

~ames~ said...

Love that picture of Cody. Max is getting that look on his face from time to time. What does that mean? LOL

I liked Click. But then I love Christopher Walken. Never watched the MI movies.

Anonymous said...

I've been having the same problem -- if I don't refresh, I often miss a post or two. It happened with Kristie's job for me, too.

I just watched MI:III, too -- and totally agree about the Rabbit's Foot. A total MacGuffin. I don't even remember MI:II very well, though.

Dev said...

I haven't seen Click yet but what you described is exactly what I've heard. I'm not sure if I'll see it or not. I won't see MI3 ~ I just don't like Tom Cruise anymore. Cody is a cutie.

CindyS said...

Ames - I like Walken also and I don't mind Sandler's humour but I didn't really like this one - I liked 50 First Dates way better.

Meljean - Okay, so I'm not as blonde as I thought ;) Off to look up MacGuffin but if it means 'pissing off the viewer/reader' then yeah.

Devonna - We went to see War of the Worlds with my family at the height of the 'he's a loon!' extravaganza and I was worried about how it would affect me. I saw Cruise for about 5 minutes in the beginning and then he was gone and all I saw was the character. This wasn't the case for MI3 - might as well have been 'Lookit me, all happy and shit and having a midlife crisis but man, can I run. And grin!'

Cindy

Anonymous said...

I saw Cruise for about 5 minutes in the beginning and then he was gone and all I saw was the character.

I totally agree -- I was really surprised by how lost he was in that character, though with Ethan Hunt, I still see Tom. But then, I think it's because I will always associate what I think his 'real' personality is with TOP GUN, so the closer he is to the action-adventure military guy, the more I see "Tom". So Ray in WotW, who was kind of blue-collar jerk, didn't have the same feel.

Oh! MacGuffin is an object or plot device that motivates a plot, but really has nothing to do but make people act (so the Rabbit's Foot...in the end, it didn't matter what it really was, only that it had to be retrieved).

I think in romance, the "mates" concept is a huge MacGuffin (I just read the Kresley Cole, so that's why I'm thinking of it now). Like: they find the mate and they're all hot for each other and they're thrown together because of the mate thing...but then they fall in love and stay together forever anyway. So, in the end, the mate thing doesn't matter (if it's handled well, that is -- any mate book where the "mating" = "true love" is not so good, and not really a MacGuffin either) and is just a way to get the story going.

Others are like the letter in Poe's The Purloined Letter, The Maltese Falcon...er, my brain is failing me.

meljean brook said...

Okay, that's weird...both of those anonymouses were me. *scratches head* I thought I was logged in.