Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Uh, Little Help?

I've changed over to Blogger Beta and I need to know how to stop the comments section from asking if I'm sure I want to download insecure information. Ugh. Just give me the comments!

I see that Sybil has figured it out because it doesn't ask me that at her place anymore and it did so in the beginning.

I have checked the settings and can't find anything that would be causing this, so HELP!!

Next!

I am just starting and by 'just' I mean I'm still in the prologue of Lora Leigh's Megan's Mark but the minute I hit the 'Breed' word a little bell went off and I'm suddenly worried about thorny penii? - no, that's not the word - oh! Barbed. I mean, I thought that stuff was romance myth but JMC came across it ... Okay, now that I think about it I think it was a Lora Leigh. Nuts.

Not sure I'm ready for that. Someone read this one recently - any uh, scratchy situations?

I know what you're thinking, I get all hot and bothered over dead dudes - hey, I'm talking Vampires!

Give me a minute, the shuddering hasn't stopped over the idea of necrophilia.

Ahem.

Thing is I don't think of vampires as dead. I don't think of them as corpses. Hmmm, what do I think?

Begin long ramble:

Since I never watched horror movies when I was a kid (if I did I watched them through my fingers but even then I was twitchy for a week afterwards) I never met vampires on the screen.
The first time I came across vampires was when I finally decided to see what the big deal was with Interview With A Vampire. The movie had come out but I already figured that would be too gory but, in a book I can skip any scenes that are too graphic.

Wow. What a mopey, sad, pathetic 'hero' for a book. I kept thinking 'why doesn't he just walk out into the sun!?' The ending of the book was even worse. It was the first time I had encountered 'sequel bait' and it was so blatant that I refused to ever read Anne Rice again.

Hmmm, apparently it only takes one really bad book to have me black ball ya. Meh. She did perfectly fine without me.

Anyways, imagine my surprise when I came across a whole different vampire in Maggie Shayne's original Twilight series sometime in 1994. Her vampires were not monsters and were only different in that they were immortal (super cool) and needed to drink blood (ugh) AND they loved being vampires (yeah they did!!)!!

I don't know, it's like superheroes being all mopey because they can fly. Get over yourself, YOU CAN FLY!!

Damn. I can see we've wandered far from whatever point I started with. Surprise, yes?

To sum up, blood sucking dead guy (who is immortal so how can he be dead, hmmmm?) good, penis that's not human, bad.

End Ramble.

Finally, (ooops, ramble still in full swing) we bought a couch recently that is a chaise with a loveseat. Bob and I love to sit on the couch with our feet up but since we moved and the TV room is smaller we had to buy a new couch so I picked one where both of us could be lying down.

Well, we've discovered a new vice. Easy. The couch seems to suck you in. I mean, you get on the couch and WHAM, you are in a prone position that is usually used when sleeping and then you start to yawn. Poor Bob hasn't seen a TV show in weeks since he will hit the couch and be out like a light.

It's starting to suck me into it's vortex. I'm lazy enough as it is but, if I get on the chaise part you might as well just tick off, 'nothing will get done' on my to-do list!

So, there you have it - the answer to the question 'Could you be anymore lazy?'.

Yes. Yes, I can.

10 comments:

Marg said...

I've got one of those couches!! Might have to go and sit down on it and read!

**SNORE!!**

Marg said...

By the way, I still get the pop up box at Sybils!

~ames~ said...

I've read Megan's Mark. Nothing bad happens with the barb. LOL Both parties enjoy it ALOT. hehe

I am still on the lookout for a perfect couch. Sounds like you got it.

~ames~ said...

Oh yeah, that insecure thing doesn't pop up on your blog, but it does for me on Zeek's.

meljean brook said...

Maggie Shayne's Twilight series...god, I loved those. (But, okay, I also liked the end of Interview with the Vampire, because it was such a sudden charge of energy from Lestat (though far too late) that it badly needed.) And his chastising Louis for whining? Loved that.

But yeah, total sequel bait. I wish they HAD made the sequel, though, instead of that awful The Queen of the Damned.

nath said...

That's quite an awesome couch then :D I'd like to have one like that! As for the pop up... it does it to me when I'm at work, but not when I'm at home... I guess it's because I use internet explorer at work and mozilla at home?

Mailyn said...

OK, nothing pops up for me on anyone. What browser are you on?

LMAO at the rest of your post. You crack me up and this was the icing on the cake:

"I don't know, it's like superheroes being all mopey because they can fly. Get over yourself, YOU CAN FLY!!"

LMFAO!!!!

C2 said...

I'm skeered of Beta Blogger. =:-o I know I'll have to switch but I don't wanna. *whine*

I read Megan's Mark - I liked it (but I'm not bothered by the stories with barbs either). ;-)

Anonymous said...

I can't help. I completely gave up on Blogger about 6 months ago.

CindyS said...

Marg - I have this thing with cleaning where I will clean like a whirlwind and then reward myself with a bit of TV and then back at it and repeat. So I start out with good intentions but I can't seem to get up off the couch now!! I sat on it for 2 hours tonight and then made myself get up and do some vacuuming. Now I want to watch a show but I'm afraid!

Ames & Zeek - okay, I'll see if I can move forward with this one and tonight I got the 'insecure' thing on my blog again. It's like it starts and stops. Ugh.

Meljean - Shayne before she started writing in first person *sigh* I miss those days ;) Lots of people loved IWAV - I'm just weird ;) Then again, I don't seem to like what others like. Titanic? NO! I remember people telling me how romantic the movie was and I was furious at the end. Oops, totally a different story - and long ;)

Nath & Mailyn - Ohhhh, the browser. I've been flipping back and forth between Mozilla and IE depending on how I linked into the web. From e-mail it goes to IE but if I manually log in I come on in Mozilla. Interesting.

C2 - I went in very afraid but I figured I better get it over with and ask questions while people still remember what to do!

Kyahgirl - are you hosting your own page? I just assumed it was wordpress but I'm not fluent in any medium that is not 'idiot' friendly. Blogger was so easy for me to set up and it had that 'what you see is what you get' kind of interface that works for people like me. I set up a wordpress account and I got lost the minute I logged in!

CIndyS