Monday, November 20, 2006

The Party is OVER!

That's what I've been yelling at my tummy for the last few hours.

I'm not sure if it's the normal stress tummy I get or if I have a touch of the flu or some other virus that makes me feel all achy.

That's it gremlins! Get out of my belly!! (I would try and write it out in phonetic Scots (Maili dies) but I figure just using phonetic and Scots in one sentence is enough of a butch job) If you don't know what I'm referring to you would have to have a husband who will spout lines from Austin Powers at odd moments.

Apparently we really are soul mates.

He would be so proud.

The AAR polls just finished at midnight and my normal 'post poll' writing block has flared up with a vengeance.

I love me a deadline!

So I'm just zapping in to say I am going to get one of my blankies (yes, I have more than one) curl up on the 'sofa of immediate sleep' and watch a bunch of crap I've taped over the last little bit.

I have two blogs I want to write up about heroes of the movie/TV kind but I don't have that kind of time right now.

I mentioned I'm on deadline right?

On another note Cody has got me beyond worried. Bob has suggested we take him in to another vet for a 2nd opinion on why Cody is struggling so much to breathe.

Basically my understanding is that Cody has a tumor in one of his nostrils - I believe it has grown and is now partially blocking the other nostril. So when he is awake he tries to breathe through his nose but ends up snorting and choking. I am trying to teach him to breathe with his mouth but there is a saying about teaching an old dog new tricks for a reason. When he is sleeping his mouth falls open naturally thank goodness but he does wake himself up sometimes if he closes him mouth.

Bob's in denial and I'm trying to stay there with him.

Okay, I know what you are thinking.

How exactly is Cindy 'teaching' Cody to breathe through his mouth?

I pant at him.

Shut up.

5 comments:

~ames~ said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Cody. :(

{{{{{CODY}}}}}

(that's from Max and me).

I say you go get a second opinion.

Mailyn said...

OMG I'm so sorry about Cody. I second that second opinion. You can't be too careful and the poor guy, well, that just sounds horrible. :-(


*hugs*

Rowena said...

Oh gosh that really sucks about Cody, I hope everything works out for him. I'm with the other girls, go get a second opinion.

=) you panted to him to get him to breathe through his mouth? I do love you, Cindy..really I do? But I worry. =)

((((Cindy and Cody))))))

Oh and good luck on your deadline sweets!

Hugs!

Bob & Muffintop said...

Iti's soooo hard when our furry babies are sick. Run and get yourselves another opinion. Or a third.

Hope your tummy feels better!

CindyS said...

Yeah, a second opinion will be in the offing soon. I just have to decide who would be a competent vet (ours is excellent now but we used to have a real numbnut).

Dylan - I can't touch Cody's mouth because I'm not sure if he will bite. When he really starts to panic all I can do is get him to lie down and then I start breathing through my mouth cause I don't know what else to do! Yep, I know he doesn't have a clue what I'm doing but it keeps me from panicking with him ;)

Bookwormom - Thanks! My tummy is much, much better today - phew! I was getting exhausted.

CindyS