Thursday, November 23, 2006

Grateful for Romance

In the spirit of Thanksgiving I decided to list a few things to be thankful for about romance books.

1. And they all lived happily ever after.

2. The hero and heroine can go anywhere with you even when you are scared. Like to the doctors or lawyers or uh, Toronto ;)

3. Heroes who are so dark that only the heroine can bring light into their lives. Hey, it's a fantasy and I'm working it.

4. Anne Stuart. (C'mon, you saw that one coming a mile away)

5. The ability to experience falling in love all over again, day after day after day. *sigh*

6. The diversity of characters - if you are lucky. Some days we get real lucky.

7. The idea that romance is not limited to one time or one place. That people all over the world, from different cultures and times felt the same way as we do. And hey, so do space aliens, werewolves and vampires. Sweet!

8. I'm grateful for the ability to open a book and experience a whole new adventure with sights and sounds that my eyes nor ears will ever really experience firsthand.

9. For teaching me what love *wasn't* - although my boyfriend from high school pretty much hammered that one home ;)

10. And finally, I'm really grateful to romance books for making me an avid reader. Before romance I only read books that I had to read for school. Okay, there was a Hardy Boys phase and a Sweet Valley High phase but I never considered myself an avid reader. I know my life is much richer for being an avid reader.

How about you?

3 comments:

Kyahgirl said...

That is a fantastic list.
I can't think of much to add except maybe, they can sometimes add a little zing to my love life if you know what I mean. TMI? :-)
Probably.

CindyS said...

Kyahgirl - nah, never anything like TMI here ;)

CindyS

Rosie said...

Hi Cindy, I'm catching up on my blog hopping. Viva la books! This is a great list.