Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Ah, The Joke Is On Me

So remember my triumph over Toronto?

Well, that's going to seem like a mini coup after tomorrow night.

Background:

My dad is working again although he is retired but hey, if you work while pulling a retirement income then woohoo more money. Anways, the project my father was working on got sacked and it was a 4 year deal and there was going to be some flying half way around the world near the end of the project.

So, he got his notice but the man who hired him went out and got them another gig. This gig is in Africa and they need my dad over there NOW!! (you know I'm being vague for any number of reason, right? Yeah, no need to have my family discover this blog and rip me a new one. I have enough problems with the one I got!)

And breathe.

Dilemma:

My dad has to fly out Friday morning. I just got a call tonight asking if I would drive with him and mom to the airport IN TORONTO. Okay, Toronto I can probably handle but MOM & DAD & TORONTO!!

God's laughing at me.

I couldn't say no. They know I am up at 2am and since I am normally up it would probably be safer to have someone like me drive. It's just MY PARENTS and me in a car.

I'm not sure I have enough anxiety pills for this.

Blergh.

So, thoughts and prayers will be needed between 2am and 8am Friday Oct. 27. That's Mtn. time I think (shit, it could be central). So if you happen to be up or if you can't sleep - sending me some good vibes would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure how I'm going to do this without Bob!!

Screw it. It has to be done.

Fuck me.

11 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

You can do it!!! Just try not to think about it and if you do, just tell yourself it's so early in the morning that traffic will be very light. And have lots of medication on hand :) But I know you can do it!

sybil said...

You can do it!

Can you make them ride in the back? Maybe the trunk? If nothing else there is always ducktape!


And careful taking anxiety pills and driving young lady and let your mom drive back. Unless you don't have to untape her to get your dad on the plane. *g*

nath said...

I'm sure you can do it Kristie. But can't Bob come with you? Even if it would be to sleep next to you (not the most comfy, but his presence would be)... and in the worst case, think about the positive side... you won't have to drive back with your dad AND mom... only your mom... (okay, not sure I made it better ^^;)

Mailyn said...

Go Cindy! Go Cindy! Go!!!!

I am wearing my official Cindy cheerleading outfit. Got my pom-poms and all. You can totally do this! Screw Toronto! Toronto is nothing next to the fabulousness that is you!

Oh and try an ignore the parents. Pretend you don't hear them and, if they insist on talking to you, tell them you have one major headache and need to concentrate on the road or you will all end up in a ditch somewhere. Scare them any way you can into shuting up and leaving you alone. Mehehe.

Kyahgirl said...

I'm sending vibes, starting now! You can do this Cindy.

Rosario said...

Yes, definitely, you can do it!

With the time difference, I'll probably be awake most of the time, so count on my good vibes :-D

ReneeW said...

Babe, you can do it! I have faith in you. Tell them you can't drive and talk at the same time. I have a pair of pom-poms around here too, so Mailyn and I can do a cheer. Go, Cindy, Go!

Anonymous said...

You can do, hon! :)) I'll send you good vibes & prayers & whatnot. Try to be the Little Engine THat Could, remember her?

I think I can. I think I can.

Jennie said...

I'm sending you calming thoughts and all my patience. :)

And look how many people you have cheering you on! How could you not manage with all these good thoughts?!

CindyS said...

You guys are the best. They are coming for me in about an hour and a half. I think what is calming me is that it's my Dad who has the hard part. He has to get on a plane fly for I think it's 22 hrs and then be in Africa. (Okay, I would love to see parts of Africa and the part he is going to I think has money and is fairly-well known (okay, I'd never heard of it but Dad says there are beaches and such)) Still, I think it's my Dad who's going to need me to be my chipper talkative self - I'm not sure if it's allowed or not but I'm going to see if we can stay at the airport with him for about an hour. He has to be there 3 hours before his flight and the rest of the people going have already left. He'll also have to fly back on his own.

So, if he can do all that, I can get my ass in the car and drive to TO and back for him.

Thanks for supporting me once again. I promise I will be right as rain after this! I'm keeping Anne Stuart on deck as a reward for all this pre-anxiety. So that is definitely keeping the old brain from wigging out!

Cindy

Rosie said...

Cindy, I'm up and lighting a candle and sending you all kinds of positive thoughts, and good karma! You are one awesome chick to overcome your anxiety and do this for your parents.