Sunday, October 08, 2006

Biting Off More Than I Can Chew

I just finished putting on the second coat of primer on the 'blue' room and I'm telling ya, I think there is more work there than it looks.

Some of the paint is being repelled! It's friggin' primer! It's supposed to deal with that stuff. Not only that, but I think the ceiling will need to be painted so painting a finish coat tonight after Turkey day will not be the right order of things. I'm just not sure I want to paint the stupid ceiling. Crap.

Dinner tonight turned out just like I thought. I only had turkey, dressing and a bun and I paid the price. I just don't get it. Maybe it's the gravy they use.

Today is Thanksgiving with my family and it sounds like there will be a table full. Which is good especially if what I really have a is stomach bug. No one will notice if I eat very little! I'm eating crackers now to see if they can settle the tummy down.

I bought two books on Friday. It's slim pickin's around here right now. Can't wait for the end of the month for Anne Stuart and Kresley Cole!

Witchling by Yasmine Galenorm

I really like this cover. Okay, how about some back blurb - which I never read. It said witch and I thought, what the hell.

From Publishers Weekly

The first in an engrossing new series about conflict in the magic modern world—as told by the half-human, half-Faerie D'Artigo sisters—the latest from Galenorn (One Hex of a Wedding) is a whimsical reminder of fantasy's importance in everyday life. Narrator Camille is a good witch with unpredictable powers who runs a Seattle bookstore while working as an Otherworld Intelligence operative, sent Earthside to keep an eye on things. When an operative from the Wayfaerer, a human/Faerie hangout, is killed, Camille springs into action with her sisters Delilah, a werecat, and Menolly, a freshly minted vampire.

Shit.

The first in a new series.

That'll learn me.


Pamela Clare's Hard Evidence.

Since Ride the Fire was so very yummy I'm hoping that her romance translates well to contemporaries.

Book Description

Investigative reporter Tessa Novak witnesses the murder of a teenage girl-and believes Julian Darcangelo committed the crime. But Julian is actually an undercover FBI agent on the trail of a human trafficker and killer. And now Tessa's report has brought them closer than either one of them could have imagined-and put both of their lives in danger.


Okay, that book description leaves a lot to be desired. In fact, a more boring description of a book I have yet to read.

Man, I hope I picked up some good books or my penchant for not reading blurbs is going to have to become a thing of the past!

7 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

I should be getting Hard Evidence in the mail tomorrow - hopefully, keeping my fingers crossed. And I LOVE the cover of HE!

Anonymous said...

I'm in my Romantic Fantasy mood this month, so Witchling sounds really enticing.

Nice, new look, Cindy. ;)

Bob & Muffintop said...

Hmmm. I saw Witchlinig in the store last week & couldn't decide. Let us know what you think.

Hope Turkey Day was ok despite the tummy problem.

Rowena said...

I've been wanting to try a Pamela Claire, so let me knwo if you like her or not, Cindy...good luck with the painting sweets!

nath said...

Hello Cindy :D

Got both books :D Didn't enjoy Witchling that much, so I'm hoping to hit the potluck with Hard Evidence... However, i have to agree with you, really nice cover for Witchling :D

As for primer... did you sand off your walls? It might help the primer to adhere better... as for the ceiling, you didn't use a stepladder when you paint it right? It might be easier than a roll with a long, long handle... and at least, you'd be sitting.Keep the good work up :D

Holly said...

Is Hard Evidence related to Extreme Exposure at all? Sounds similar. I really liked HE.

Witchling sounds really good, too. You'll have to let me know if you like it.

I was going to say good luck with the Blue Room, but as always I'm a day late and a dollar short, so instead I'll say, Congrats on getting the painting done.

CindyS said...

Kristie - ahhh, the book fairy will be making a visit ;)

Ag - thanks!

Bookwormom - my Mom's Turkey day was fantab but I didn't get an ounce of leftovers so I will so be cooking a turkey this weekend. I'm serious! My need for turkey was not appeased!!

Dylan - I *LOVED* Ride the Fire but it's a historical so I'm not sure if that is something you read or not. I'll let you know about HE the minute I get to reading again!

Nath - I didn't sand my walls and you're right, I should have done that but our pole sander is at the reno house. In fact, all our tools are at the reno house. I'm thinking of getting Zinser - covers everything including stains - great stuff and I haven't had to sand!!

Holly, I'm not sure if she has another contemporary out. I think this is her first one but I'll check on that when I go to read it.

By the way, I was just as your site and was reading about your and MM anniversary but then I clicked on the link to see how you met and when I clicked back I couldn't see your blog anymore. Soooo, happy anniversary!!!

CindyS