Monday, October 30, 2006

Contest Alert!!


Meljean Brooks is holding a contest to win a copy of HOTSPELL in celebration of it's paperback release.

So head on over and leave a comment about your favorite horror novel or movie to be entered to win. I won the tradesized copy back in January but uh, I had already bought it because I forgot that I had entered the contest.

Shut up.

So even though I'm not entering I can tell you that Meljean's story, Falling For Anthony was one of the best short stories I have read in years. Let's see if I can find my pathetic review - Here it is!

As you can see, Emma Holly, Lora Leigh and Shiloh Walker are also in the anthology so, win, win, win, win!!

On an entirely different note, I would like to send a special little piece of my mind to the person who introduced me to this.

There is a special place in hell for you!!

I've been up since 2:30am and have been staining the new piece of furniture Bob bought and then trying to get the bullfrogs out of the pool (okay, not that bad but I think I'm in big trouble - I bent the go-go gadget pole with the first net full of leaves that I brought up from the bottom of the pool. I also found two more dead mice - since taking the cover off they are running in again *gag*).

Every once in a while I'll look at Cody and sing 'Llama, llama, DUCK!'.

I'm glad that there is no one around to hear me as I'm making myself crazy with that damn song!!!

Did you click on that link?

Yeah. Tell me that's not going to be with you for the rest of the day.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I'm glad I read the rest of this entry before clicking -- I'm too afraid to click the link.

CindyS said...

*chanting begins*

Click it, click it, click it, click it....

Cindy

Mailyn said...

Awwww...I love the llama song!!!

OMG frogs??? Bullfrogs?!?! Oh.Hells.No!!!!! I am sooo not getting a pool. I would die. Seriously. I am extremely disgusted by frogs. Oh and be careful with Cody! I found out that frogs are very harmful to dogs and my friend at work says she saw a Doberman in the emergency one day that had licked a frog or something and she was all sad because the doggie almost died. :-(

CindyS said...

Mailyn, no worries, it was kinda a joke for Tara Marie - she has a neighbour who hasn't opened their pool in years and it's so gross and there are bull frogs and everything. Soooo not going to happen here!

Everyone else - I posted a blog at AAR afterhours - you can go there with this link

http://www.aarafterhours.blog-city.com/
a_romance_meme.htm

You know, if you wanna steal the idea for your blog since I kinda stole the idea from other blogs. Yeah, it's all love ;)

Cindy

Anonymous said...

lmao at the LLama song! (Gonna have to share that one!)

I already have Hotspell and the only two I got thru was Meljean's story and LL's ... I'll read the rest eventually!

~ames~ said...

Hmm...*ames looks around*

I think the Llama song is my fault.

*sheepish grin*

Mailyn said...

Yes, yes! I remember! It's all Ames fault!!! I loove you Ames!!! That song is friggin hilarious. Annoying but hilarious!

Ah OK Cindy. Well, I already called my mom and told her we are never ever having a pool since I cannot deal with frogs of any kind. I should probably call her and tell her I changed my mind. :-P

Anonymous said...

Yummy. Froggies. Taste like chicken.

CindyS said...

Zeek - be sure to share the pain, uh love! I haven't read the rest of the stories in the anthology either. I bought the anthology because of Meljean and was impressed that I figured the others would be a let down. I'll get to them one day ;)

Ames - I KNEW IT!!! I just know I'm going to start arguments with people and just when they think they have me I'm going to say 'llama, llama, duck'. Yeah. What's your opinion now?

Mailyn - if you ever get a pool get an above ground. They are really nice nowadays and cost effective and you never find dead critters in them. Bob and I feel like we are the keepers of a death camp for critters since we moved here! We had no clue that chipmunks, moles, mice, frogs etc would fall in the pool and drown. Bob's trying to design something they can grab onto to get out. I can't wait!!

Bookwormom - Uhhhhh, YETCH!!! I'm all, if it tastes like chicken then eat chicken!!! ;)

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Cindy, I'll have 'llama, llama, fuzzy llama' running through my head like a scrolling marquee at work tomorrow.

And guess what? I have a Spanish colleague whose family name is ... Llamas! I swear!! No kidding!

dancechica said...

LOL! Actually, I have to share the blame with Ames 'cause I mentioned it first. Then Mailyn said she wanted to see it. So I said I'd find it. But then AMES found it and posted it. So there ya go. It's Mailyn's fault too! :-P

Mailyn said...

How did I get dragged into this??? It's all you guys fault!!! Bahahaha.


Oh and Cindy thanks for the advice! I would go nuts if some kitty drown in the pool. Go Bob! I can't wait to see what he comes up with. :-)