Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Schedule As Of Right Now

Okay, I just finished the first coat of varathane on the mongo wardrobe I have disassembled upstairs. Don't know if you recall but the stain was too light so we decided to darken it. Thus, started with Red Mahogany stain and then went over it in Ebony stain. Tonight I finally decided to get up off my ass and put the first coat of varathane on.

I'll take a picture of this behemoth so you can see just what a beast of a wardrobe I am working on.
The problem is that once each coat dries (the can says 4 hrs) you have to rub the wood down with 000 steel wool to buff it smooth so you don't get bubbles.

Therefore, I may put on a coat when I get up tomorrow and then again later at night. Once that is done we can carry it into the master bedroom and clear out the 'Blue' room and get ready to paint. I have to get this room ready for Christmas guests. I also have another room I need to get ready and will be striping wallpaper very soon.

THEN, we haven't done anything with our downstairs bathroom since we started so we need to get a leg up already. Bob is taking next week off and he said to have the taps and tiles ready to go and he'll do the bathroom. 'kay. I need to prime and paint those walls also before starting but I'm going to have to get all the stuff so *I* can't be blamed for our renovations not getting done.

NEXT there is the actual reno house which I believe I will be painting over the next two weeks. I have a friend coming on Thursday so I don't have to go then but all the other days are pretty much taken over.

OH, OH, for my American friends this weekend is the Canadian Thanksgiving! Yes dear friends, that means way too much family fun and yes, I'm being sarcastic. The good news is I have managed to make sure that Bob and I get two Thanksgiving dinners. Course, at Bob's family we eat very little because for some reason the food goes right through both of us. Gross but true. So we're normally starving by the time we leave and have to get take out.

My family's dinner, on the other hand, has it's own share of pitfalls and I need my panic pills to keep myself from running from the house screaming like my hair is on fire. *grabs pill bottle and strokes lovingly, 'my precious'* However, once I'm passed the panic stage the food is like manna from Heaven because turkey and all the fixin's is my favourite dinner.

The only way things will go really bad is if my family has to change the date for their dinner because of my brother. Actually it wouldn't kill me but then I *will* be forced to cook myself a turkey and since Bob eats maybe an ounce of meat there will be a ton of left overs and Bobby 'don't do leftovers'. What a prince.

So we have the family extravaganza weekend - yeah! - and then we have the week of Bob thinking he can stretch time like a rubber band and get 1) our bathroom completely plumbed, painted, tiled, grouted and sealed 2) paint the second guest room, build all the bookcases for the room (I forgot to mention this up above - this is the room with the wardrobe currently sitting in it) which I have yet to design!! and 3) Finish the entire reno house (he hasn't said it out loud because he knows I will start laughing and never stop but I would bet 50 bucks that's exactly what he is thinking). Oh and 4) Do all our Christmas shopping (not going to happen), 5) have some actual fun.

I think I can help him with #5.

With all this in mind I will be doing very little reading but I am carrying Megan Frampton's book A Singular Lady with me every where I go. I *will* read this book before Oct. 15th. Promise! Unless I get hit by a meteor or something. Then I might need until the 16th.

Anyways, I'm just going to keep positive thoughts going for now.

8 comments:

Bob & Muffintop said...

Cindy- First Happy Turkey day as we say at our house. Too bad Bob hates leftovers, I am often able to squeeze several days worth of meals out of a turkey even though I've 2 boys.

It sounds as though your entire life is planned around these two houses. LOL ;)I'd be overwhelmed & exhausted just thinking about it.

Lemon Stand said...

*grabs pill bottle and strokes lovingly, 'my precious'*

OMG! That is it EXACTLY! I must remember that description! So glad I stopped in to your blog today!

~ames~ said...

Cindy-your blog is always the best way to start my day. You always make me laugh. Your "precious" comment is a perfect example (I also had a mouthful of coffee when I read it, not good). LMAO!!

I love thanksgiving left overs. But they are a thing of the past. My mom's family is so big, we have to cook two turkeys-and there's never anything left. But the good thing is-we haven't had to cook the thanksgiving meal yet (in the 6 years we've been back in Canada).

Mailyn said...

Course, at Bob's family we eat very little because for some reason the food goes right through both of us. Gross but true.

LMAO!!!!! In an "ew" sort of way. LOL.

Well, I hope that you have a good Thanksgiving and pray you don't need the happy pills.

*hugs*

CindyS said...

Bookwormom - I thought we were the only turkeys to say Happy Turkey Day!! Yes, my father's pet name for Billy and I was turkey. Oh and in reality I'm a horrible slacker so I'm thinking maybe 1/4 of that list will get done ;)

Lemon Stand - *best Elvis impression* Thank you, thank you very much ;)

Ames - I showed up at my Aunt's last year with my Ziploc tubs for leftovers and she started laughing. Absolutely no leftovers. I was devastated. Still, I'm hopeful and will buy myself some of those Ziploc boxes and take to my moms. Hopefully my brother won't get all the goods!!

I usually like to cook the big dinner and I keep everything together until the last 10 minutes and then every thing goes to hell in a handbasket. I terrified of Christmas dinner this year because my kitchen is not set up proper so I'm sure to hit a mental wall at some point.

Mailyn - I have even tried to take something that stops, ah, that from happening and nothing. I swear they are feeding us poisoned food!!

Oh and no matter what, I always take my 'happy pills' during fancy family dinners since they are my trigger. I remember the first year my doc gave me those pills and I was shaking so bad in the bathroom and the panic was closing in as they were putting the plates on the table. I ended up taking two and the panic just kinda floated away. I don't change in personality or anything and no one notices - Bob never knows when I have taken one. The side effect for me though is sleepiness so after the pills and turkey, I'm pretty much doped out and ready for bed ;)

CindyS

Mailyn said...

You should tell your family to stay far away because they drive you nuts. Panic attacks are scary and I don't know how you do it. I stay far, far away from most anything I know that will cause one...family included. LOL.

I do hope you are feeling better soon.

ReneeW said...

Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday. Totally centered around eating and no gift buying is involved. Hope you had a good one. I LOVE turkey leftovers.

Sean Carter said...

Thanksgiving is my all time favorite holiday. I mean there's nothing like spending a nice relaxing weekend with your family and close friends. The grand dinner and all the fun and laughter....it's so wonderful. You can get tons of Thanksgiving suggestions and ideas at this
Thanksgiving Blog. Visit it soon....it's really awesome!!!!