Sunday, October 01, 2006

Could Someone Get This Rock Off Of Me!

Holy. Crap.

I know that y'all are going to jump up and down and yell about the rock I have been living under but mrrreow.

I give you Simon Baker.
I started to watch this show called Smith and even though I recently saw him in the movie Something New, I swear I just didn't see it until this week.

This guy is HOT!

I'm not sure if it's the extreme bad guy that he is playing in the show Smith or if he just managed to get his hair to go all sandy blonde and curly for the perfect look or what but HOT DAMN!

I realize that I already have a built in mechanism for liking men who are so far gone that in real life I would be running fast in the opposite direction so I shouldn't be surprised. Then again, Ray Liotta (the reason why I even turned the show on) is an actor I love and he is equally as bad as Simon's character. Hell, there's not a good guy in the bunch!

Even so, it's Simon's character that has me glued to the set. Nothing like a charming bad guy and Jeff (Simon's character) is all that and more. Why? Because he has a brother in the show who is his sidekick. Or maybe Jeff is the sidekick. Who knows but, brotherly love gets me every single time. (I wish I could find a picture of him from the show because neither of the pictures above do him justice. He's just all beach bum scruffy and sexy and *waves hand in front of face* whoo, is it hot in here? Oh, go here and you'll see him and his brother is the guy on his left and he's also a hottie but he's being led by his 'little head' in the show.)

Oh! And I never have a thing for blondes. Ever. I can't think of one blonde man I have ever been attracted to. *thinking* Okay, Jay Mohr but I think he's more red than blonde (turns out most of the pics have him as a brunette) and I find his humour attractive more than his bod. Sorry Jay but really, Simon Baker? Hum-in-a, hum-in-a, hum-in-a!! Also, Denis Leary but again, more for his humour.

Hmmm, I can't think of any hot looking blonde men! I think I have my first official crush on a blonde actor! See, it's never too late to experience a new first.

As to the show, I'm not sure I am enamored. I think it's hard to make people who either have no conscience or are the 'damn the consequences' type to be even remotely likeable. I remember trying to watch The Sopranos and I just don't see what the deal with that show is. Maybe it's just too real in that I know there is such a thing as a mob and that they are brutal.

A bunch of thieves who pull off daring escapades doesn't feel real to me. So I just go along for the ride and even when I am faced with the fact that these characters kill for no other reason than that they can, I try and shrug it off because it's only TV.

I guess I shouldn't emerge totally from my rock. It seems to protect me from dealing with too much reality. It's just a shame that every now and then I don't get to see the appeal of a gorgeous man until many years after most people have drooled up a lake for him.

Just add me to his list of fans. *sigh* The other good news about him is that he is only one year older than I am!! That means I am not slobbering over jailbait which makes me mucho happy!

5 comments:

Marg said...

OH yes...he was around on Aussie TV for years and he is definitely hot, and definitely seems to be getting better with age!

Kristie (J) said...

Your speaking to the choir about Simon Baker!! I discovered him when he was on a show called The Guardian. I think that show is still showing on one of those specialty channels. He played one of the most interesting, brooding, dark, seething with passion but unable to express it kind of heros on that show. I was glued to the TV every Tuesday night when that show was on let me tell you!! I was totally devastated when they took it off. Isn't he gorgeous???? He played a very troubled American laywer and he had to disguise his Australian accent (I know Marg will say he didn't have one *g*) so I didn't realize for a while that's where he was from. He's one of a crop of gorgeous Australian actors that crossed the Ocean.

Anonymous said...

Ah, The Guardian ... knew I knew him from somewhere!

I remember when this movie was in the theaters ... wanted to see it back then! Gonna have to rent it!

~ames~ said...

I am a fan of Simon's too. It's the only reason why I tuned into Smith. Too bad I missed it last week. Grrr...

I think I have to watch a few more episodes before I make a final decision, seeing as I've only seen the pilot.

Rowena said...

I'm a Simon fan too, he was a studmuffin in Something New...just hella loved him in there! But that was the first time I'd ever seen him though...I never watched The Guardian...