Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Trying To Wind Down

Well, I've been to bed once and realized my brain was moving at break neck speed so I knew it was a waste to lay there.

On Sunday night the AAR mini-poll closed but it was a holiday here for us so I didn't get to the final ballots until early Monday morning. Then I decided tonight that I needed to recheck the tallies which meant going back through the ballots and double checking my math.

So, two weeks of work were just done again (only in a smaller scale because I was only looking at the top 15 heroes) over the last few hours. Needless to say, my brain is still working out the logistical problems. Stupid brain.

I also finished the last coat on the 'new blue' room a couple of hours ago. It used to be 'in your face' blue but now it's a muted blue that would look nice with silverish accents. Course, it's a bedroom and maybe I haven't made the colour cozy enough. Then I have noticed that the trim colour of white (by not a pure white or a cozy white) is bothering me and maybe I'm going to have to figure out a white to paint the trim and bookcases.

Yep, that's going through the old noggin. Stupid brain.

Oh. And then there is the bathroom design which has been at a complete stand still for way too long. I'm at a loss on how to proceed but Bob's taking next week off so hopefully we'll make some headway.

Also, he has gutted the basement. I will post the only before pics I have and then the 'holy mother of God!' pics. Meh, I knew it was only a matter of time before Bob went to town, it's just that this basement seems to have moisture in it (weepers are full) so things are smelling oh so summery fresh. *snort* Also, the door to the basement was taken off the day we moved in (Bob had some reason and I friggin' caved) but it used to look down into a little square vestibule with three doors. One on the right, one in front and one on the left. Now there are no doors and I can see the concrete basement floor. Perfect.

I mentioned the smell right?

Oh and here is something that floats around in my brain more often then it should.

Wow, now that I have gone looking for the dog of Pompeii I have discovered how our memories can become distorted over time. If you click the link you will find the dog of Pompeii but for some reason I remember the dog being in more of this position.

I remember our grade school teacher pointing out that the dog still had his leash attached to him and I swear the picture looked just like Cody does in this picture. In fact, whenever I see a dog lying like this I call it 'the Pompeii Dog'.

Now I want to see if there were other dogs that were there and kept because I do remember the dog being on his side. I don't remember ever seeing the one from the link above. Seeing as how I was a child that could become easily upset, that link of the dog would have greatly upset me as a child because it looks like the dog suffered. From my memory I remember thinking how the dog was just sleeping when the eruption happened and he died instantly and didn't suffer. Seriously, I'm so messed up from that 'Pompeii dog' that I didn't want to put the picture up on my blog!!

Stupid brain. Sorry, that's the kind of night it's been for me.

I'm off to do some drive by blog hopping to see if others had a nice weekend.

Then I'm going to try and go to bed again *cocks head* stupid brain is still wheeling and dealing. May be another hour yet!

Oh and I promise I will get to some reading soon and tell you all about my books. Again, life took over and Lazy Cindy had to go on vacation, the bitch, and she didn't leave a forwarding address!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Stupid Brain

HA HA! I have the same problem. It starts working and there ain't no stoppin it. Luckily for me that only happens about once a year, though. LOL

Poor Cindy. HUGS!

Dev said...

Poor Cindy ~ hope you find Lazy Cindy soon :-)

My brain works like that too ~ unfortunately I'm usually trying to talk at the same time. At that point, it's anybody's guess what I'm trying to say.

Bob & Muffintop said...

I hope you were able to sleep eventually. I often have the same problem & end up throwing my sleep cycle all to hell by staying up & then taking naps & rinse & repeat..

Can't wait to see the basement pics. BTW- what are weepers?!

Kyahgirl said...

Once my job is done I'm hoping we'll get our basement finished too....its been driving me nuts.

Happy belated thanksgiving. Give the poor brain a rest :-)

CindyS said...

Holly, my brain lives to mess with me but I finally hit the bed at 9am but I keep waking up now. I'm not used to that, normally I hit the bed (yes, it's drug induced sleep) and it's over until I wake up. Friggin' brain ;)

Devonna - I weep for the loss of Lazy Cindy ;) Don't you hate when your brain is moving so fast that your mouth can't keep up. Sometimes that saves me from 'foot in mouth' disease though.

Bookwormom - a fellow sleep cycle ass kicker!! We are sisters in our fight to keep to a normal sleep schedule. Turns out my normal sleep schedule has me up at night and sleeping during the day. Stupid sleep cycle ;)

Weepers are the weeping tiles (normally clay pipes in older homes and PVC pipes in newer construction) around the house. If you have a basement below ground level then you probably have an underground system that wicks water away from your foundation. Since our house is from the 50's we probably have clay tiles and they get filled with sand and dirt or just break and no longer get the rain water away from the foundation - thus water in the basement. Ugh. To have professionals come in and redo the weepers is horribly expensive and the idea of Bob and I doing it makes me want to cry but then I prefer dry bacteria free spaces. I may yet talk Bob into doing this in the spring.

Kyahgirl - we moved from a bungalow to a two storey house so I have told my husband that the basement in this house is all his!! I get to keep the top two floors ;)

CindyS