Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My To Do List In Pictures!

Again with the no reading thing going on because I know Bob is going to be off next week which means, A) get the sleep in order, B) get certain projects in order, C) uh, okay, get my brain to stop with the hassling already!!

So instead I bring you before and 'you did WHAT!!??' pictures and also, my to do list pictures.

I know, you're beside yourself with excitement.

Take a breath.

AND GO!

*meh, now I want to sit and veg in front of the TV so I'm off to do that for a bit. Just, you know, hang on for a bit will ya? Mmmm, the food timer just went off, dinner and TV. Mmmmm.*

TIME!! Didn't it just seem like a split second! I think I'm like that hero on uh Heroes who can time shift. Yeah. That's what happened.

The Blue Room

Before


Before on the left which now looks really good dammit!! Course, Bob pulled those bookcases down on the day we moved in and they didn't paint behind them so, ugh. Still, the trim and floors look really good in this picture!







After

There is a look I am going for so we'll have to see if it pans out. I have been sitting in the room and wondering if it is too blue for what I wanted to do.

Remember Sarah Richardson. Trying to do that whole very chic classic hip look.

Maybe I'm trying too hard.

Just finished watching a new episode of Design Inc. and figure I need lots of silver accessories!


Basement Stairs

Before


Enter into the dark cavern of doooooom. No, no, don't be afraid! I meant, Enter into the uh, fun filled lower level of our home!

Oh, c'mon!

Don't be a baby.

I'm sure there can only be one monster down there. Just make sure to pick the right door. Number 1, 2 or 3!

Okay! There may be more than one.

AFTER

Damn.

Now I wish there had been a monster!

That black ugh at the bottom of the stairs? Why that would be the glue residue from the cheap ass carpet that was put down. I mean, I can't blame them for the cheap ass carpet because when it rains a pretty *please* little river of water courses through the basement to the only floor drain which was behind, TADA, door number 2!

Further Basement Shots

Before

Ah, yes. The 1970's wall panelling that will never end.

Why, oh why, do men think that any wood is better than no wood. *ba-dum-tish*

Sorry, that just happened but I think I may have answered my own question.

*holds hand to heart* 'I promise to never underestimate the power of wood, any wood, to a man again.'

And all this time I just thought guys had really bad taste! I guess they take any wood they can get even if they can't afford the good stuff. For newbies, that would be oak.

Damn, I'm slaying myself!

The furniture was left behind by the other owners because they built the basement around the furniture and couldn't get the set out.


HOLY MARY, MOTHER OF GOD!!!
(or you know, in the middle of the project pictures)


Turns out they just glued the panelling to the concrete basement walls. They then broke holes into the bricks to put in electrical.

Can we say '911, what is your emergency'? Uh, yeah, I went to plug in my TV and electocuted the crap out of myself. Literally.

See the dampness on the back wall there? That's because the weepers are full. So we're trying to let the basement dry out.

Could happen.

Hubby even took down the scary ass ceiling! Leaves the crud I have in my den up but thinks nothing of tearing out the stuff in the basement. Course, we're not living down there so I can see the point.

Touch bitter about it though.

We'll (Bob) will put down Dricore, then put up stud walls and shazam! Pretty basement. Oh, alright, a basement.

Shit I Have To Get Done


Now you have solid proof of the fact that the bathroom reno has come to a screeching halt.

See that Pepto Bismol pink on the walls? Need to prime it and pick a friggin' colour already (it takes me a long time to pick colours because I only like to paint once) so that by next week - that's right, 7 days, Bob can do whatever he needs to do and can't blame me.

Hey, sometimes it's all about being right.

Shut up.

Married 11 years, trust me, being right can be crucial!

Okay, there's the scary ass ceiling I was mentioning but I can't do anything about it right now because we have a few too many projects to get ready before Christmas guests descend on the house.

Okay, see that wall with the pics? Well, we bought a nice new sofa that will go on that wall (no not ON the wall but, you know) and it will arrive on Oct. 28th.

Seriously, the wood is freaking me out so I have decided to surprise Bob by picking a nice colour (again with the picking of a colour) and paint out that back wall. You know, like an accent wall. And since you see this wall when walking down the hall, it'll make the room look purty. Well. It might fool a few people into thinking the room looks pretty. Until they get into the room. Shut up.

Last but surely NOT least the third and final bedroom.


Holy green plaid attack!!

I'm telling ya, there are a bunch of Scottish men missing their kilts (if that don't get Maili out of the woodwork I don't know what will!) cause they are on my FRICKIN' WALLS!!

Ahem.

I didn't take a picture of the floor because everything has been dumped there as a 'back-up' plan. I even discovered that my husband, who brilliantly changed out the toilet that didn't flush out of our ensuite, didn't actually carry the old one out of the house. HELL NO!! He put the bacteria ridden thing in the middle of this poor room! Wasn't the plaid attack enough? Did he have to completely humiliate this room with an old toilet?

Anyways, I'll be stripping wall paper (oh joy!!) and repainting trim to it's rightful colour of white. Trim is either stained or white, people. Other than that, you're just creating a nightmare of work for the poor SOB who has to come after you and resurrect a dying room from the brink of design death. *makes sign of cross* May it rest in peace.

AND DONE!!

I know, you can't wait for me to get back to reading again.

You and me both sister!

7 comments:

Tara Marie said...

God Bless You and good luck. There's nothing like one home project after another.

What the heck is with that Pepto Pink. My SILFH did her home office in that color, walls, ceiling, door--yikes. Now she's wondering why the house wont sell.

Bob & Muffintop said...

Personally, I can't wait to see the pics when Bob & Cindy redo the weepers next spring. LOL

The Pepto pink really does need to be toned down. And the paneling? Gotta go. Wood paneling sucks.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god. This is why I will never own a home. All that work.

What were they thinking? That pink! *bleach for eyes*

Kyahgirl said...

you tire me out Cindy!
:-)

I love the before and after approach.

Suisan said...

Pink: Ewwww.

A former owner of our house decorated it in what I like to call "1970's Philippino Motel." Lots of vinyl bluish watercolory wallpaper with great big pink tropical flowers. And then there was the bathrrom with the pink alligator print wallpaper. (Pink Alligator skin? Acid trip?)

I dislike white walls, but the alternative need not be brain-frying. I guess.

But I loved the post--you guys are going to have a great house. Just let me know when the toilet is out of the bathroom, kay?

~ames~ said...

You really have your work cut out for you, eh? LOL Love the pictures.

Me, I hate painting. My dad is doing my brother's room (previously my grandfather's). I'm helping-but made him do all the hard stuff (taping especially. Eww!).

Rosie said...

Been there done that. My husband and I usually do alot of the work ourselves too otherwise we'd never be able to afford to do the remodeling. We did main house (LR, DR, and kitchen) 3 years ago, but our bedroom and bathroom need a face life BAD!

The aches, the pains, the paint fumes. You'll be so proud of yourself when it's done. I'm in awe!