Friday, October 06, 2006

Lazy Slut Week

Yep. I'm just feeling that way.

I have done many things in the 'real' world over the past week but I haven't had time to read or to think of anything even remotely interesting to blog about.

Thus, I'm a lazy blog slut.

Here's a picture of the monster wardrobe that I finished putting THREE coats of varathane on, thank you very much. That's not even a high gloss finish and lookit that gleam!

I helped Bob schlep the thing into our master bedroom and he put it all back together. Tonight we did a quick run over to Home Depot to get the pulls - Bob has those gold plates on the doors but I want to spray paint them 'nickel'. Well, we looked at all the spray cans at Depot and none said 'nickel' so Bob is going to paint them black. After that, if I don't like them then Lee Valley will be the next place to shop at. I love Lee Valley! They always have the perfect piece but most times you're paying for it.

Since the wardrobe has now left the 'blue' room I can now start painting it to a more soothing colour. I started it last night but my painting kit is over at the reno house so I only had a brush. I cut in and then did a spot check of the colour because I couldn't remember what colour I picked.

Shut up.

Anyways, I think it's pretty but it's so pale (I was going for a silvery blue). I'm trying to emulate Sarah Richardson's design style but she uses a lot of white and well, white is not pet friendly. Still, I'm up to the challenge.

So here is a picture of the room as it is now. Edited: you'll see why below but I decided to post another pic of the huge ass wardrobe - you better believe Narnia is in that bitch!! Try not to be blinded by the *peach* bathroom tiles in the background *shudder*. I'm about to head up and put the primer on the walls. It takes me next to no time to paint anything nowadays. It's the dry time that's a killer. I could have that room painted by the time I went to bed if I didn't have to wait for the paint to cure properly. I think the previous owner used a higher gloss paint on the walls than most people. I'm literally one up from flat but this stuff has a sheen and the primer was beading funny last night. I started to think that maybe it was oil paint and I was going to have to sand all the primer off. Luckily, I found the nail polish remover and was able to test the paint. Water based. Phew!!

I had a Bud-dy come and visit me today and we ordered in Chinese food. Yummy!! Not only that but it was like a five hour visit and the time flew by. I think I may have talked her poor ear off because I have had a sore throat all night and that always happens when I'm sitting and talking for hours with my friends. Sometimes I forget to breathe.

Yeah, yeah, I don't get out much. You're soooo original.

I was even going to take her to see my pathetic Chapters but we just didn't find time.

We talked about books for most of the visit but we didn't get to the bookstore!!!

I think that's hilarious.

*was up tooling around getting ready to paint in the 'blue' room*

BLOODY HELL!!

I think the new title of this blog should be Lazy Dumbass Week.

I go upstairs with my new roller and go-go gadget extenda pole (you aren't a serious painter without one) come back downstairs and take up the little ladder to cut in around the ceiling and then I change into my jammies thinking I won't get paint on them. *snort*

Remember how all my painting stuff is somewhere else? Did I buy the thingie-majig that you put the paint in to use the roller?

HELL NO!!

I'm telling ya. It's like expecting a chocolate fudge brownie sundae and discovering you're out of ice cream!

Guess I can now be legitimately lazy because it's 2am and there aren't any stores open that sell paint trays.

Isn't it nifty how a little something in my life can make all the difference because I'm up at night? If I was up during the day I would have to go back to HD and buy the tray and blah, blah, blah.

Yeah, I like my life. Lazy slut that I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm jealous that you got to have a playdate with Kristie! Lucky ladies! :)