Monday, October 23, 2006

Just Silly Stuff

The first time I ever heard this song I only caught the chorus and I was left wondering why the man wanted this person to hate him.

The next time I heard the song I listened closely to the lyrics and I'm telling you this song is about that dark tortured hero who doesn't believe he can be loved and sends the heroine away. That's right, this is like an Anne Stuart romance put to music only, without a happy ending. Still I wanted to share it with others and see if you get the same thing I did.

Now, keep in mind that the video goes in a direction that to me does not make sense so why don't you just click play and close your eyes and listen. Then you can play it again watching the video and tell me which one seems more likely.





What's weird is that I have a song from about 7 years ago that was subtley about a vampire but I can't remember any of the lyrics so I can't look the song up (okay, I tried looking up 'vampire song' and discovered a whole new group of singers - not the one I'm looking for. Actually, the vampire was never used in the song). I thought with all us paranormal chicks running around you would get a kick out of the song. I'm thinking of going through my CD collection and seeing if I can find it.

Are there any friends out there that have Neil Diamond's Hot August Nights? I was talking over at Rosario's and Jennie's about how music needs to be heard to be truly appreciated. This will sound funny from someone who believes in God but I think Holly Holy and Brother Love's Salvation show are two of the most beautiful and spiritual songs ever sung. It has to be the live versions because Diamond just lets his voice go gritty and gravelly and no one will ever hear that music played that way again. Phenomenal. Sure, Amazing Grace should make someone feel spiritual but when you hear Neil use his gift with the lyrics from those songs, well, how can't you believe ;)

Okay, I have my period and slept most of yesterday. I'm about to head back to bed and get a great days sleep. I sent Bob off to work this morning which I know was hard for him but I really need to get back to the way I always do things. Yesterday I had one of my weepy, whiney breakdowns. Poor Bob woke me when I asked that he not do so. He thought I would be hungry and brought me McD's so you would think that would be okay. I ate McDs. Took a shower and lasted an hour before I begged Bob to let me go back to bed because I was miserable and bored. I was really just too tired from my period and definitely from a week of being woken up willy-nilly.

I'm looking forward to waking up naturally later today.

I know, it's the little things in life that make me happy.

Question, if I buy Hot August Nights and have the CD, then how do I download the music onto my computer so I can share it with you guys. No really. I'd love to know!

7 comments:

Suisan said...

How did you know that I love Hate Me by Blue October?

Yeah, so the lyrics are a little dark, but man it's a good song. (I think he's talking to his girlfriend, telling her to get away before he damages her too, but apparently he wrote an earlier song to his mother, called The Call, where she calls him on the phone. SO this one is seen by Blue October fnas as being the sequel to that, so the video begins to make some sort of sense. But I agree, I like the song better without the video.)

And in other news, one of the parrpt's wings is missing--no one will fess up. Would you like a slightly damaged parrot? Because I'm not parting with the P&P Prize.

(THanks for the heads up.)

~ames~ said...

I can't watch videos at work. I've heard this song, but never paid attention to the lyrics. :(

Hope you're feeling better. :P

Mailyn said...

I have to lookup the lyrics since I can't watch at work. No speakers. Boo.

Love Song for a Vampire by Annie Lennox? That comes to mind when I think vampire song.

OK, to copy I use iTunes. Just open iTunes and drag all the songs from the CD to your Library [in iTunes]. It will convert all the songs from CD to mp3 so you can upload to the web and then we can listen. On the web you have to find somewhere to host the songs. I can't think of any right now but if I do I'll let ya know.

Feel better and do rest!

*hugs*

nath said...

Hey Cindy,

Hope you feel better soon :D

As for the CD, I think you can rip it with Window Media Player... You won't get mp3, but wma files tho. Basically, you put in the CD, open Window Media Player and you should see Rip. click on it, you'll see a list of the songs and you can select the songs you want to rip. hope it helps.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy~

Back from out little jaunt. Just wanted to say hi & congrats & way to go on the visit to Toronto. I like Hate Me too.

CindyS said...

Suisan - I so love this song! Wait. A parrot's wing is missing and you haven't determined who the 'scurvy dog' is that done him in? You call yourself a pirate!! You know I just kid about your parrot although if the poor wingless bugger ever needs a new home you know where to send him ;)

Ames - listen to the lyrics and let me know if you think of any of your favorite dark heroes. Yum.

Mailyn - the lyrics are going to make you crazy ;) I love them. I don't think the song is by Annie Lennox - it was so off the charts that I don't think anyone would know the song. Haven't had time to fool around - I'm cleaning up Cody's bed and he's just waiting for it to come out of the dryer already!

Nath - amazingly, I'm not fluent in Greek ;) I'll have to figure it out if I ever find my CD collection. Things were, uh, shuffled in the move.

Bookwormom - thanks! Yep, it feels good to say I've been to TO - course now I'll have to contend with Bob going 'hey, let's go to Toronto tomorrow!'. I need workup time - you know, enough time to make myself jittery - can't be me without the jitters ;) Glad you are back from your college tours!

Cindy

Devon said...

The first time I heard this song, I was like "bleh", but its really grown on me.

Two vampire songs that I always think of are "Bloodletting" by Concrete Blonde and "Moon Over Bourbon Street" by Sting. Those are both way older than 7 years though. I shall have to ponder.