Saturday, August 13, 2005

Eye Candy or Horror Show

Alright, I am not going to clean up or anything although most of the junk that had been in my office I pitched last week. Now I just have to find new homes for stuff I don't want, don't need in this room or have more than one of. Just so you know I absolutely love my bookcases because my husband built them for me, so I know I am one lucky woman.

So here you go! Edited to let you know that the first three pictures blow up huge if you click on them....so much for hiding my bottom shelf of books!


.

So I should mention that I decided to alphabetize the books that were to be on the shelves. I have never done this before and much to my horror, I absolutely hate it. I don't mind author's books lumped together but to have it all perfect? Yikes. I haven't been able to sit in this room lately so I am looking forward to messing them all up again. *I did this after I filled 4 underbed totes full of books I knew I wasn't going to read immediately* I have regretted all of it ever since. Dh - Bob says that we will get a bigger house because it is obvious I need a library. What a sweetie ;)

Okay, let's see if I can do close ups of the towers for ya.

I don't think you can read the titles from these but, you can see from the picture on the right that the bottom shelf is starting it's third row. All the shelves are two deep but only the TBR are facing out. My keepers are in behind and I have them sorted by author but not set up alphabetically.

Below is the bookcase that is on the other side of the desk. I can pack books 2 deep on these shelves also and you can see some of the hardcovers hanging around at the bottom.



Last but not least, the livingroom bookcases that are only allowed to hold HC and Home Decorating/Improving/Reno books because we access those more often now that we renovate! And I am only doing one shot of these because I have to get up early and I will fart around with picture placement even longer if I don't just stop! The room is 22 ft long so I couldn't get the whole wall in the picture - and the white thing in the bottom corner is a lamp shade.



Okay, off to bed. Ah, yeah, I am too embarrassed about what that lower bookshelf in my office has to say about me so I didn't do any close-ups of those ;) One step at a time people!

No comments: