Sunday, August 07, 2005

Passion by Lisa Valdez

Just a quick post to tell you that I am in the middle of Passion by Lisa Valdez and I'm loving it! There was some sort of scuffle on the AAR boards but I can't remember what they were upset about. I *think* it was some of the language and yes, the language is blunt (f*ck, c*nt, c*ck - I'm only messing with the words because I don't want some spam engine to find me.) but it is also fabulous. Is this book hot? Yes.

As someone who doesn't like books where the H/H have sex upon meeting it has become quite a shock to me how much I am enjoying these two characters. Man, I wish I was like Rosario or Maili, they would be able to nail exactly what I am trying to say so very clumsy like. Okay, they meet by accident and have sex and then part thinking never to see one another again. It is only because they long for each other that they go in search and find one another. Reading what happens next is like watching two people who can't get enough of each other and isn't that what love is like in the beginning? Hot and passionate and urgent and sweet. There was only one sex scene where I caught my mind starting to wander but after that, it was like glue again.

I had to put the book down at the huge revelation because my family was coming for a BBQ and swim so I am eager to get back to it. So that's where I am going to be ;)

Oh wait, AAR has a review.

CindyS

3 comments:

Suisan said...

I think the squabble on the boards had to do with the fact that Linda Valdez was onthe boards too, chiming in with her opinions and reactions.

Much foaming at the mouth ensued.

sybil said...

awesome book!

I way enjoyed it and can't wait for the next one. Glad to hear you liked it too.

And as far as the AAR boards go, I think it is great she joined in but I think she just went over board. It is a hot book, and that upsets some people for some reason.

CindyS said...

Suisan - ah, yes, I remember now but like you said, I can't remember much about the discussion. Just that I decided I had to read the book.

Sybil - YES! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this book was great. I mean there is stuff in there that makes me go 'hmmmm' but what the hell, it was a great ride! I think I am with you in that I didn't find Valdez comments anything to be upset about but yeah, there are people who don't like hot books. I get not enjoying the short stories or some of the poorly written stuff but holy cow this was great!

Cindy