Sunday, August 07, 2005

New Auto-Buy Author

Passion by Lisa Valdez was fantastic and is officially one of my keepers. The second half of the book was wonderfully dramatic and tense and romantic. I wish I could do the book justice. I also wish I could find out when Patience, her next book, will be published. I just joined her mailing list but I haven't found an e-mail address for her. Hey, I've heard that authors love gushing reader e-mails. Seriously, I try not to gush because I am always afraid I will embarrass either them or myself. That said, I mini-gushed over (Maili, avert your eyes!) Sandy Blair on a reader board and lo and behold she was there! Since then I have decided that sending an e-mail to an author of a book that I love is the least I can do. Hey, I want more of what I like? Sending a letter might help.

I went to the publisher's site for Valdez but she isn't listed or anything so I want to write them so they know just how much someone loved the book. Although I guess sales will tell. Still, it's disconcerting when you can't find the information you want and with all the changes in publishing contracts lately ::shrug::

Anyways, is it just me or have I taken to this blog thing like a duck to water? My how I do go on. Aren't you all glad I am no longer taking up your comments with my overly verbose dialogue? Yeah, I thought so.

CindyS

6 comments:

Suisan said...

I dunno about emails, but you certainly can send her a snail mail c/o her publisher. It takes a while to get forwarded, but it will get to her.

May be email the publisher and ask for email info for Valdez? They should be able to forward pretty easily.

sybil said...

She has a site. uh hmmm

brb

Nicole said...

NOVELSBYLH@YAHOO.COM

This is her email address from her site.

sybil said...

Yeah which is the email I think you used to sign up for her group. I tried to google the old messages from the review board but I can't come up with much more than it is 2006. But I thought she had given a month.

Could be wrong....

CindyS said...

Thanks guys! I got an e-mail from her today welcoming me to her mailing list so I e-mailed back. The only reason I didn't e-mail the publisher is because they don't have her listed in their rouster.

OT: I've been looking at Sybil's first comment and wondering WTF and then it hit me the BRB is be right back. Wow, I'm a knob. I thought you were making a gag sound ;)

Cindy

Suisan said...

To Cindys: Thanks for cueing me that my blog was being unfriendly. I've fixed the comment settings so that it's non-discriminatory.

Thanks for the heads-up!