Sunday, August 28, 2005

Say Anything

Holy smokes!!

I must have had this movie mixed up with some depressing 80's flick because this movie is one of the best I have seen in a long time. Not only that, the 80's were really toned down. Okay, the movie was made in 1989 but, wow.

Having been a teen in the 80's I'm not all that fond of anything 80's although the music is now in my blood. I have seen Breakfast Club more times than I can count but it screamed teen '80s. Then there was Pretty in Pink, which I don't think I liked all that much except at the time.

Anyways, I just wanted to send out a thanks to those who held strong to this movie. It was fantastic. What's funny is that some of the language is still in use today. Eg. Lloyd is explaining airplane safety and Diane responds in a quick 'good to know'. Then there were some handshakes that I recognized from nowadays.

John Cusack was wonderful as an over energetic 19 year old and Ione Skye played the shy bright girl to perfection. They definitely had chemistry - great film!! ::sigh::

My favourite scene is the Kick boxing scene and the body language that they both use was just right for what was going on. Hmm, I could go on but, I'll try not to.

I also liked Grosse Pointe Blank and didn't mind High Fidelity - not so happy with Serendipity. Any other Cusack movies I should see? Was being John Malkovich any good?

No comments: