Saturday, August 06, 2005

Hmmm, Just a Little Something for the Winners

If you don't know about the whole RWA awards show that sucked the big #$%#, well, you won't find anything about that here. There are plenty of blogs and lists going about what happened so trust me, if really want to know what happened, it's easy to find.

::cough:: Follow some of the links on the side-bar ::cough::

What I will say is that when I read what happened I was flabbergasted. When I told my husband, his response was 'what the hell were they thinking?' Exactly.

Anyways, what I thought I would do is list the winners of the Ritas and Golden Heart awards for 2005 because Heaven knows, they didn't get the cheers they should have at the awards.

Rita Awards

Best Traditional Romance - Christmas Eve Marriage by Jessica Hart
Best Regency Romance - A Passionate Endeavor by Sophia Nash
Best Short Contemporary Series - Miss Pruitt's Private Life by Barbara McCauley
Best Short Historical Romance - A Wanted Man by Susan Kay Law
Best Long Contemporary Series - John Riley's Girl by Inglath Cooper
Best Long Historical Romance - Shadowheart by Laura Kinsale
Best Paranormal Romance - Blue Moon by Lori Handeland

Best Romantic Suspense - I'm Watching You by Karen Rose
Best Inspirational Romance - Grounds To Believe by Shelley Bates

Best Contemporary Single Title - Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie
Best Romantic Novella - Her Best Enemy in Night's Edge by Maggie Shayne
Novel with Strong Romantic Elements - A.K.A. Goddess by Evelyn Vaughn
Best First Book - Time Off for Good Behavior by Lani Diane Rich

Golden Harts

Short Contemporary - Venus Rising by Karina A. Bliss
Long Contemporary - Finding Hope by Kimberly Fisk
Paranormal Romance - Sapphire Dreams by Pamela P. Poulsen
Short Historical - Secrets of All Hearts by Christine R. Merrill
Long Historical - Ruined by Victoria H. Grondahl
Traditional - Snow White Wedding by Jenna Ness
Romantic Suspense - Dancing in the Dark by Holli S. Bertram
Contemporary Single Title - Hard Lies by S. Lorelle Marinello
Inspirational - Autumn Rains by Myra Langley Johnson
Novel with Strong Romantic Elements - Viva Las Vegas by Robin Flury
Regency - Lady Wicked by Nadele Jacobs
Young Adult - Almost Cool: Confessions of the Popular Girl's Best Friend by Julie Ann Linker

Now, just to come clean, I have not read all of these books. Okay, I haven't read most of these books but, the ones I have read were excellent! Let's just say, that if you read one of the above mentioned books and would like to congratulate the author then I believe the links will lead you to them. (Hey, I'm a baby blogger, I'm still figuring this stuff out) . The Golden Hart winners, I couldn't really find specific sites so, no links. (remember, baby blogger)

Also, I heard that Linda Howard was to receive a Lifetime Achievement Award but I can't seem to verify that. Where does the RWA list the LAA?

Congratulations to all the winners. I imagine that as much as reader awards rock, receiving recognition from your peers is icing on the cake. Kudos.

Okay, it's late, I'm off to bed.

CindyS




1 comment:

Suisan said...

Hi!

Followed you here from Maili.

Glad to see you've got the blog and that you posted the RITA list--I keep finding it online and then not saving it.

I've commented on yours. Care to comment on mine? (Gee. I seem to have wandered into a bizarre eBay "positive feedback" alternate universe.)
http://Suisan.blogspot.com

(I keep meaning to post about books, but home improvement send me deeply off-kilter. So I just keep reading other people's opinions about books and award shows.)