Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Short post

My friends and I have had a tendency lately to confess what we think are sins.

For example, we were in HMV looking at movies when one of my friends says 'is it wrong that one of my favourite movies is Dance With Me?" And then me going, 'I loved that movie!!' Thus even more bonding. Makes you realize that you are not the only person in the world who likes things that are different.

This leads me to my new one this week. My one friend was a sci-fi fantasy reader for many years and I don't think she ever read romance. One day I decided to give her a Linda Howard book and she liked it. Lo and behold she is out at the library now picking up books without any recommendations from me! Hell, she's reading a series right now that I haven't been able to get into. She still reads outside of romance but like she said, she was vampired out.

Anyways, I decide to tell her my deep dark secret about Diana Palmer (uhm, how I love her and how I gave her books away to UBS because I thought I was over her but now, the Long Tall Texans are back and I sooo want to re-read them!) but mention to her that she should never read them. She laughs and says, I already have. My jaw hit the floor. I tell you, I love my best friends ;)

Side Note: anyone remember a Diana Palmer that had a heroine with a scar on her face? She was very shy and I remember the hero thinking nothing of her until he got to know her. I don't remember if it was from Long Tall Texans or if it was something else.

No comments: