Friday, August 19, 2005

Movie Meme

Okay, I wasn't specifically named but what the hell.

Total number of films I own: I don't know exactly how many I own. Maybe 60 and I think my brother and my father have been pilfering my pile. I swear my brother bought me the newest Star Wars movies (I & II) but my dad insist they are his. Whatever, I'll just scoop them the next time I am over there ;)


Last film I watched: During the summer I end up renting about 5 movies a week and I have been watching some real gems and some real doozies. Last night I watched Ignition with Bill Pullman (sorry but I love this guy) and Lena Olin. It played out like a romantic suspense and the movie looked like it was made for TV but I liked it enough. I wish Bill Pullman would play a really sexy guy and really bang it up but I guess not. He normally plays himself in all movies. Eye movements and everything. Ah, well.


Five favorite films I either watch frequently or that mean a lot to me:

I'm counting the original Star Wars trilogy as one movie. Get over it. I grew up in this universe and have never really left it. Han Solo has always been my ideal hero and I haven't grown out of that either. I have not watched these movies in a while because I only have the VHS version and I am now a DVD junkie.

Indiana Jones - even the music gets me all mushy. All except the one with the kid and the spiders and hearts being ripped out of chests. Just not my cup of tea. Every other one - Indiana Jones is another ideal hero of mine - don't worry I only have two and it is heart breaking that one actor played both of them. To see Ford with Flockhart makes me wonder about the sanity of the world but, that's another story.

The Matrix - Loved all the characters in this movie and the concept rocked. When I saw the trailers for the second movie I almost cried because of the glorious special effects - the movie rocked. I don't understand the third movie. Maybe I'll try and puzzle it out sometime or not, because I can always watch the first two and dream.

Fifth Element - you may be seeing a theme here. I don't do reality and I love fantasy/sci-fi and I even like really bad sci-fi but FE is not bad, not bad at all. I love it and love to re-watch it. Not only is Bruce Willis wonderful but I loved Mila ... - she's beautiful and I have watched those movies of hers based on a video game with zombies. I also like the humour of this film.

When Harry Met Sally - okay, I have to put one movie in there that I do watch time and again although I was going to put the Star Trek series up. This is a great film and I have probably watched this more times than any of the other 'real' movies I own. I finally found a copy on DVD so I can watch it again ;)

I just have to mention Bob's and my annual Christmas movie - Die Hard. Yep, I saw this years ago at Christmas time and loved it. Everytime I saw it I would remember Christmas so I thought it was hilarious when I met Bob and he felt the same way about this movie. Around here, it's not Christmas until we've watched Die Hard.


Worst film you've ever had to endure: I walked out of a film years ago but I can't remember the name of it. I was forced to endure something called The Blues Brothers 2 or 3 or some such and I was livid the entire time. What a waste of money. Anything with William Hurt in it - there was the sci-fi one and even half way through the movie all I could think was that I was never, ever going to get this time back. Lost In Space - horrible.


Favorite movie quote: Han Solo "Laugh it up, fuzz ball" Indiana Jones "I hate snakes!"
Die Hard "Yippie Kiyay Mother Fucker" I just saw the movie The Wedding Date and the hero says to her something like "if I had never met you, I think I would have always missed you" and that's exactly how I feel about Bob. If I had never met him, I would have missed him.

Favorite movie adapted from a book: I should pick a book I have read but, it is a Shakespeare movie. Much Ado About Nothing with Emma Thompson and Kenneth Branagh - absolutely fun movie that makes Shakespeare accessable.

One book I'd like to see made into a movie: This one stumps me. I realized young about books adapted for movies. The Outsiders was one of my favourite books as a teen and I was stunned when the movie ended about 2 scenes short. I understand now why they would do that but, back then I was almost in tears because the movie wasn't right.

I'm tagging Suisan, Kristie(J) and Tara Marie (because you said I was funny) unless they have already done it, in which case, I haven't been paying attention. Bad Cindy.

Anyone else think that link button in blogger looks like a tiny penis? Throws me everytime I see it. Just me, eh.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't have to be specifically named - that's the beauty of a meme! If it catches your eye and sounds like something fun you want to do, copy and paste! Plus memes make good posting material when you can't think of anything else to talk about :)

Suisan said...

Agh!

OK. I will hunker down today and work on this meme. Movies. Glee.

CindyS said...

Jay, I'm going to go around and find memes then. After all, all about my favourite subject - ME ;)

Suisan, you don't have to do it, honest. I put Tara Marie down and then I went to her blog and saw her Mommy mode post. Ooops, everyone is too busy. Not only that but Kristie (J) is off making way too much sense about historicals.

CindyS

Kristie (J) said...

I see you have a space theme going. Funny how we are attracted to certain types of films isn't it? So few people share mine though, I don't get to the movies that often. With the price of the popcorn alone, I don't like going unless it's something I really want to see.

Suisan said...

:pant pant pant:

I posted my meme. I did. Yay!

Go look....
http://suisan.blogspot.com/