Friday, August 26, 2005

Whipped Puppy

I am completely whipped right now. I think I actually have an allergy of some sort! I had allergies as a child. I outgrew most of them but, wow, something came out this past month that has me sneezing up a storm. I am fighting off a headache and my sinuses are all stuffed. Yuck! It also feels like my eyes are throbbing - not possible right?

Bobby made it home last night but I literally kissed him and fell into bed. He's just getting up now to go into work for the morning but he is off this afternoon to take me birthday shopping. I'm gonna need to hit the bed again soon!

I was off blog hopping so I didn't do much tonight. I don't know how you all go hopping around and get a blog written!

I'm not sure what is up next for reading. I want to stay away from that other house for the weekend but I doubt I'll get my wish.

Here's the list of books that I did not finish or graded D or F for this year.

Hot and Bothered by Susan Anderson - did not finish. I found it too tame and was quickly bored. I remember the hero had a pony-tail which I can usually block out but, he even acted like a guy with a pony-tail. No, I have no idea what I mean about that but, there are some men that can pull off a tail and others who never grew up. This seemed like a wanna be kind of guy. Anyways, I should mention that many people's favorite Exposure also flopped for me in the meeting of the hero (not to mention there was a kid and then someone was speaking french and I think the hero's name was Elvis - ugh).

Carrera's Bride by Diana Palmer - OMG - a politically correct Palmer. I graded it an F. Where was the drama? The asshat hero? The heroine with a solid but bendable spine? Yetch.

The Wicked Lover by Julia Ross - uh, yeah, I read the first scene and realized I didn't have a clue what the hell happened. Apparently I am not smart enough to follow the subtle nuances of Georgian society. I have made a note that I will try again. Hey, it could happen. If anyone has read this and knows why these two characters were not ruined could you explain it to me?

Run No More by Catherine Mulvany - I rated it a D and noted that I read the first part and skimmed the last 1/2. I just didn't get that these characters were in love. I wrote, not my kind of relationship. weird. Yeah, I tell it like it is. I probably was thrown by the whole TT. I didn't see it coming and when it happened I was done. I just couldn't care for these people. I could have sworn AAR did a review but I can't find it. Over at Amazon it is receiving 5 stars as an average.

Stolen Moments by Virginia Kantra - I did not finish but I did get 3/4 of the way through. The characters were meant to be cold. I get that. There was a scene where the H/H were sitting at the kitchen table and the hero was using a blueberry or something to make funeral arrangement and such and then they talk to each other about how neither of them were the touchy feely type. Damn, wish I had known this earlier. I stopped reading at this point.

Do you want me to write up my C reads? They are books that I have finished but really wanted to put down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you got further in Hot & Bothered than I did. I made it possibly 15 pages before giving up. I have to remember that the 2 Susan Andersen's I liked were apparently flukes and not to look for her anymore.

ReneeW said...

I have tried to start The Wicked Lover 2 times but I can't get into it. I'm glad it's not just me. But I will give it one last try and see what happens.

Megan Frampton said...

I liked the Wicked Lover, but I understand the confusion. I just love Ross's writing--I thought Night of Sin was much better, but if you didn't like WL, you might not like NoS, either. I'm reading a Jean Ross Ewing--Ross's pre-trade PB name (Illusion) right now, but I'm not far enough along to have an opinion on it yet.