Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Getting My Bearings!

First, a huge thank you to Maili for this post! ( Under sub title Traffic Lights are Blinking Tonight ) She sums it up quite nicely and I noticed in the last few posts on this blog I was editing the hell out of them and it was beginning to feel like work. And I'm allergic to work. Seriously.

I also have a habit of talking way too much. My dearest friends are far away and we get to see each other about once a month. By the end of the visit I am hoarse and exhausted because we sit and gab at each other non-stop. Oh, and I have a very loud laugh (which proves tiring for a throat) and my friends are a riot so between talking and laughing I'm done.

Not so for typing, you poor bastards. Although, my tailbone can get to aching but, I think it's because I slouch - c'mon, you wanted to know. So yeah, I will tend to go on and I will be a painful bore but, too bad. Maili says I can ;)

So, right out of the gate I need to vent about CSI.

WTF.

I swear not only are they taking over normal network time but, they are now so bloody franchised out that I am stumbling across these shows all hours of the night! I watched a few about a year ago and quickly realized once you had seen one, you pretty much had seen them all. CSI:Miami comes in and I'm thinking it'll fall out of the ratings so fast it'll take the original show with it. Huh. Still around. Then CSI:NY was announced and I realized TV blew chunks and I LOVE Gary Sinise. Love him! Love him so much I even tried to watch an episode. Lasted 2 minutes. Just enough time to weep. I hope he goes back to movies and if not then he should become a survivor (or not) on LOST.

I don't get the love for these shows but then, I am also way over Law and Order and these shows are built the same. More about the crime than about the people. Boring. You want to see a show about the crime but also about the people, watch the reality show The First 48 . Deals with homicide cases for the first 48 hours. Not only do you see how dedicated homicide detectives are to their cases, you also get glimpses into their private lives and the people who have loved them and left them. Brilliant. Up here in Canada, it's on A&E but then, when has A&E ever failed ... okay there is the whole Crossing Jordan show going on there but I can over look that.

As for reading, I shocked myself by picking The Diva's Guide to Selling Your Soul out of the TBR pile. Why, you ask (your asking, right)? Because I am feeling so overwhelmed by the other house and the work that has to be done that I realize I don't have the time to sit and relax and enjoy an in depth romance. I have tried the anthologies that have been coming out lately and they are horrid. ::shrug:: They are. Meet, sex, love in 20 pages. Nope, not working for me and anthologies have worked for me in the past. I'd go and look at them and then link them but, I'm beat, so not today.

Anyways, Diva's so far is meh but, I'll keep with it a bit longer even though I think I have already figured out who all the characters are and who they represent and if I am even partly right the rant that will come will be brutal!

Are your eyes bleeding yet? No?

My favourite band right now is The Killers. I want their CD and even the hubby loves their music. Don't get me started on the music video for Mr Brightside - Yum.

If you have made it this far then you have survived. You may feel woozy or sleep deprived but that is normal for the people who know me. Get used to it. Or not. But really, there are too many well written individuals out there who are able to keep to one train of thought. I'm just not one of them.

Oh, and the spell checker for Blogger doesn't know half the words I use so I end up looking them up on an online dictionary - and I'm right. Why doesn't this thing know the words?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CindyS said...

Spammed! I tell ya, I'm a magnet for this crap. What, I've been here for a week and they find me. Anyways, one was for a health site and the other, mail-order brides. I think not.

CindyS

Tara Marie said...

Cindy you're too funny. I hate the blogger spell check, it doesn't even have "blog" in it--how is that possible? I was spammed twice last week and that was the first time it happened (started blogging back in March.)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lost said...

I never had my blog spammed, which has me believing that it's to do with blog settings and the public listing of new blog posts.

Go to SETTINGS
Click on BASIC
Go down until you see 'Add your Blog to our listings?'
If it's Yes, amend to No.

Every time you make a new blog post, it'll show up on the front page of blogger.com, so if you changed it to No, your blog posts will no longer show up. I think this will stop the others spamming your blog.

If it's already No, then I'm stumped. :)

And, no, my eyes haven't bled. :D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CindyS said...

Tara Marie - you're my new best friend ;) Thinking I'm funny!

Maili - you were right so I turned that thing off. Problem, I know it wasn't on before so I wondering what I did to get it reset. I knew something was going on when there were suddenly 40 people visiting my blog in one day. Okay, really, I thought I had arrived, but don't tell anyone ;)

Oh, and is a link to cat furniture really spam? I mean, I just don't know but I decided not to go over in case the word cat was the polite word - hey, I wasn't born yesterday!

CindyS (officially the most comments I have gotten and 4 were spam, blast it.)