Wednesday, September 20, 2006

All Better!!

Woohoo!!

Finally pulled out of that tail spin I was in and I've had my first day of feeling normal.

Phew.

I beat the clock by staying up for 19 hrs yesterday - yeah, it hurt a little - but went to bed at 11pm and woke at 11am. Perfection. Now, I just have to train the body to remember this and I feel real good about it so I think I'm off to a good start. Yes, that torture chamber item called the alarm clock will be used to enforce the new regime. *grumbles* Stupid noise maker from hell...

The weather has been helpful in that although it's very chilly the sun is out so I'm happy to get up. Also, I am getting out of the house on my own and visiting my best friend. We've been so busy that we didn't see each other for most of the summer. We had a great visit yesterday and I went back today to see the painting she was doing in 'the boys' room so I think the panic that the 'flu terror' invoked has passed.

I also got my Josh fix (he's only 5 and yet I can't believe how fast he is growing!) because he was home. Apparently he loves school which is great because the older boy has so much trouble. The good news is that Sue is very pro-active now that I don't think the teachers are going to see her coming this year!

The good news just keeps on rolling in because Bob is taking a 4 day weekend and I will actually be up to enjoy my time with him! I'm tellin' ya, good stuff!

Since I don't want to focus on the bad stuff going around on the net right now - and trust me, I soooo have opinions (fat = morally corrupt? If I knew where that fucker lived I would go and kill him by sitting my fat ass on him - oooops, Bad Cindy - think good. Goooooood)

Okay, calm again.

Pimpage!!!!!

Now, I don't read outside of romance and everyone who comes here knows I'm happy in my end of the reading pool. Still, I think it's wicked awesome for those who love fantasy and sci-fi to have a new place to visit. (Okay, I will be visiting the site because I love the voice of the posters and maybe, just maybe, they will get me to break out of my section of the pool. Although my end is all warm and cozy (I was going to say wet. HELLO!)) I know they do read books that have romance and sex so I'm hoping they will find a way to let those of us who prefer those kind of stories know that they are out there.


This blog is brought to you by Mailyn, Dance Chica, Nath and Kailana.

There is a great page where each contributor lists their favourite books and I see one of them likes J.R. Ward (let's see how much longer that lasts (ooops! There I go again! Seriously, if you ever become famous, remember you still have to do everything else us mere mortals have to do. Just saying.)

Also, I hope this gorgeous picture is allowed to be pinned up here even though I think I would have to put up a source so I'm going to link to this gallery where I think it may have come from.

Also, for those of you wanting to dip your toe into Anime, I understand there will be a sister blog (hey, this might be it but there was no announcement). Course, I'm terrified of Anime after I heard that the heroes and heroines of these stories usually die a noble death.

Pfffffft.

My father raised me on movies and stories where the hero died. I had plenty enough of that as a child. I should do a post on all the movies I had to watch as a kid where every character died. Pissed me off to no end.

I'll stick to my romance books!

7 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

LOL - Isn't he something else????? And you know I know who you mean - I mean *wink wink*. And I'll be riding shotgun for you!!! Sadly (or not) I read it in a weak moment and got sucked into the 'discussion' I really should try and avoid that.
Congrats on getting your hours better. Mine seem to be getting worse :(

~ames~ said...

Glad you're not sick and that you slept. I hate alarm clocks, and in my hatred, my body wakes up a good hour before the alarm even goes off. And this happens everyday. Even on the weekends. So I hate to say this, I nap. I hate napping-but Max loves it, he snuggles with me.

You should give sci-fi a chance Cindy, it might surprise you.

Mailyn said...

OMG I so love you. I am feeling totally crappy with this flu and you had me laughing out loud for reals!

OK, what was that about fat people?! Where?! Who said it?! WTF?!?!

Then I am so glad you aren't sick. LOL at the alarm clock but it will help. I think. Like I said, me and alarms, er, nono. :-P

Thanks a million for the blog pimp! I will def keep you posted on the sci-fi with hot sex. Magical, faerie with wings sex. LOL.

Oh and yes, I will be posting the anime blog soon as we finish but me, I've been sick and I am still trying to upload things. But they do have some nice romance anime you'd like.

Holly said...

Aww! I'm glad you're all better now. Good news is...good. ha ha

I must have missed that Fat comment, but I'm with you, baby...;)

Kristie (J) said...

The fat comment was made at All About Romance on their At The Back Fence message board. The poster is a - well - my mama taught me to be a lady so I will only say he is a romace reader who is quite unlike anyone I've ever met before. The current topic is overweight women in romance and how they perceive themselves. I won't do his whole post but here's a little snippet

"I've never seen a "fat" woman who was. Fatness is just what the word implies--formless weight. That a person may also be smart, witty, and personable doesn't change the formlessness"

or then there is this gem

"Point two: In my thinking, there is a moral dimension to what I have described above as being "fat." Re-read Dante's Inferno"

CindyS said...

Kristie - I was sputtering and mumbling about men who should be dead but I like how others are able to beat him to death with his own words. I'm not smart enough for that. I figure his parent's named him Dick so everyone would know he was a boy what with the lackluster dangly bit he was born with. Just saying.

Ames - I can't believe that you hate naps!! That's just unnatural - I was born to take naps. No really. I have no idea what else I could have been born to do ;)

Mailyn - I'm so sorry you're sick. Watching me bitch and moan about 'possibly' getting sick probably had you rolling your eyes. The alarm was put to good use today. Apparently it will be able to make it's screeching sound again tomorrow. Sigh.

Holly - sometimes it is just better to not get sucked in. Still there is this dark side of me that wants to find a picture of this asshole and post in on the FBI most wanted. Cause I'm a bitch. Basically, some asshole commented that women who are fat are not attractive even if they are witty, and intelligent and everything. They're still fat. Maybe the fucker would like to come to my house for dinner. I'll cook something extra special ;)

CindyS

Holly said...

OH, that pisses me off! Some of the most sexy women I know are ones that aren't a size 4. I always say Fat Is A State Of Mind and obviously, he's fat. LOL

Grrr!