Thursday, September 21, 2006

Cute and Scary All In One!

ATTENTION ALL DOGS!!!
THE FOLLOWING ARE IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR EVERY DOG TO KNOW

Instructions for properly hugging a baby




1. First, spy a baby.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2. Second, be sure that the object you spied was indeed a baby by employing classic sniffing techniques. If you smell baby powder and the wonderful aroma of wet diapers this is indeed a baby.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3. Next you will need to flatten the baby before actually beginning the hugging process. **Note: The added slobber should help in future steps by making the "paw slide" easier.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4. The "paw slide" - Simply slide paws around baby and prepare for possible close-up.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

5. Finally, if a camera is present, you will need to execute the difficult and patented "hug, smile, and lean" so as to achieve the best photo quality.
Dogs, if this is properly done, it will secure you a warm, dry, climate-controlled environment for the rest of your life. Good luck!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Okay, I absolutely love the last picture and think it's classic but is anyone else asking themselves who the hell took these pictures?

I mean, the minute the dog flattened the baby I would have dropped all recording devices and stepped in.

You know, 'kapowed' Cujo so to speak.

Still, that last picture has both of them looking pretty happy with themselves. Just too cute!

Bob and I were out all day and there were a few moments when Bob had to pick up something so I picked up Devil in Winter by Kleypas.

Two pages in and I had to put the book down. It'll suck me in HUGE if I don't keep my distance and with Bob on vacation I don't want to get distracted.

All the same, the book ain't leaving my side!

8 comments:

Bob & Muffintop said...

The dog is enormous compared to the baby. I'd probably have stepped intoo, but they're so cute together. The baby doesn't seem bothered at all.

Have a great weekend with your husband & let us know what you think of the book when you're done.

Dev said...

Cindy ~ As far as Devil in Winter, can I just say "I told you so"? :-)

Such adorable pictures and I'm so glad I saw this first thing in the morning. What a great way to start off the day!

~ames~ said...

Oh my god that dog is huge!! It must be a very well-trained dog too.

Haven't read the Wallflower series yet.

Nikki said...

How cute! Great pictures!

Devil in Winter is wonderful. Enjoy!

Mailyn said...

I got this by email a few days back and I thought the same thing. I LOVE dogs but OMG how in the hell?! LOL

ReneeW said...

I would have set the camera at about the 2nd picture and made a lunge for the baby. Looks like the dog is actually holding and hugging the baby. So cute.

I'm guessing you'll be peeking at DiW every chance you get. Lovely book.

Jennie said...

LOL!! But what kind of mother allowed this and should we call social services??

Kristie (J) said...

You know Sybil and I will both be waiting with bated breath to see which one you like best heh heh.