Wednesday, September 13, 2006

You Caught Me

I LOVE these birds and they make me smile. I like to think of them as the blue birds of paradise seeing as how I've been crapped on by enough of them. Or have they flown up my nose. I can't remember now what people say.

The look on the first bird's face is how I look when I can't find the book I am looking for in the gigantica bookstore. 'You have a million and one books but you don't have _____? Who is in charge of orders around here!'.

Add a tear in one of the eyes and that's how I look when Bob says maybe we should stay in for dinner.

Make the lower beak quiver and that's me asking 'but, who will cook for us?'.

I was very tired of my old template even though I found it soothing and easy to read. I have been trying to create my own templates and well, they only got worse after the Cody one. Okay, I was getting a knack but I don't know enough about graphics to create a super duper page and well, I wanted something super duper.

And I wanted it now.

I didn't think I would ever find something fun and different and then I stumbled (literally because it was like 10:30am and I was still up and getting dopey) onto this guys site. (Edited: I found the English section and the design is by a woman named Christina so, not a guy)

What was surprising is that even though his designs are unique nothing was speaking to me and then I saw this template and about cried in relief. (Nicole, he has a cat one!) He even has a few that are night themes but since I really can't read blogs with a black background I decided they weren't for me.

I'm so very happy that there are people out there that do up templates for all us, uh, techno challenged wingnuts who want a unique looking blog. I just wish his site wasn't in French so I could learn a few things!

On that note, my brother sent me this super cool picture - I have a wolf thing - and it would totally rock as a template. He sent it to me for a screen saver.

I can't see ever getting a tattoo because my tastes change constantly but at one time I thought if a gun was to my head I would put a howling wolf on my shoulder blade - it would look just like this guy.

I also have a thing about light beams.

What the hell, I'll share that one now.

I need to find a picture of what I'm talking about first.

I have a picture on my wall called Spring Morning, Kelly's Ford, Virginia but I can't find it on the web. It has the rays of light with a mist coming up off the trees and I love it.

*runs off to search for rays of light*

Alright, I found this picture and it feels like the first time I saw the beams even though I remember there being more colour.

Finally, the story! Easy. You've been here before.

Thinking back on it I think my Grampa Ken had recently died and we were in the car traveling back from the Sault (8 hr car ride). I was looking out at the fields and saw the clouds separate funny and then all these beams of light came down and hit different spots on the earth that I couldn't see. Not really remembering how I came to this conclusion because, dude, I was like 5, I decided that the beams of light were a calling to the people who had died to guide their souls to Heaven.

Now, I do remember struggling with 'do the souls have to wait for the light?' because I was the ripe old age of 5 and it was the first time I had ever seen anything like this and I was worried that the souls had to wait in the ground. Still, that resilient thing they talk about with children, I just decided not to worry about it.

To this day I love seeing the rays of light and even though it was a childhood belief I still like to think of them as beacons for those who have passed.

The sad part is that my brain now pesters me about the time in between the rays of light. Normally I have to tell that part of my brain to just shut the hell up and enjoy the view.

There you have it. Birds that make me smile, my love of wolves and rays of light. Maybe if you are lucky, I will take a picture of my stuffed monkey collection.

Apparently, a stuffed monkey is the perfect gift for me.

10 comments:

Mailyn said...

I like the new look a lot. Those are some hilarious birds! OK, so I have to ask, who cooks for you? My mom does for me. When she is out I have to buy something at the nearest gas station, usually chips and a soda. I can't microwave. I think I told you about the one time I blew it up.

I need a live in maid.

Rays of light are sooooo perty! And they make for great designs as well. :-)

CindyS said...

First, you have to swear you aren't a nutritionist because what I'm about to say will stroke you out!

Uh, okay, uhm ... McDonald's, Harveys, Arbys, Tim Hortons - yeah, I'm horrible for fast food because it's just easier than having to clean up the kitchen. Once everything is closed then it's sandwiches or some chicken fingers in the oven with mashed potatoes.

I used to cook regularly but I was feeling unappreciated so I kinda stopped. Also, I don't love pasta and that's Bob's thing although he is starting to see the thrill of sloppy joes ;)

Right now my new (old) kitchen is gross and doesn't inspire me to cook at all! Still, I manage to eek out a few BBQs and stuff in the summer and can bring it for formal occasions.

Okay, get this I made beef stew from scratch (a lot of effort and mess) and my hubby tried it and said he preferred Puritan beef stew from a can. FROM A FRICKIN' CAN!!! Since I hate stew from a can we don't exactly eat alike and cooking for just me or him makes for some serious left overs ;)

We need a live in cook ;)

CindyS

~ames~ said...

I like this new template. It's fun. :P

Wolves and rays of light are good things. I just think there's something magical when sunbeams shoot through the clouds like that.

Is my template hard for you to read? Is there anything I can do (besides changing the background) that will make it easier for you?

CindyS said...

Thanks Keishon!!

Ames - no worries. Since I come to your site daily I am able to keep up with your posts. If fell a couple of posts behind I would have to space out the time to read them. I am trying to adjust to reading on black backgrounds (there are a couple of bloggers that have black as backgrounds). Not only that but when you are highlighting something you make it a different colour so your entire post isn't pitch black.

Don't worry, you can't get rid of me - okay, tiny font but Mailyn will tell you that I always ask if font can get bumped up if I get a headache reading ;)

Okay, it just rang noon here and I'm heading to bed. I know. I'm still working the clock.

CindyS

Dev said...

I think it's the bird of happiness that flies up your nose :-)

Tara Marie said...

Love the birds, it's a cute look.

Suisan said...

Love this template.

I think this is my favorite Pixar short (well, the original father and son hopping desk lamps is pretty funny too.)

Dev said...

Suisan ~ I knew these birds looked familiar! I kept trying to place them as the seagulls in Finding Nemo and I knew that was wrong. Thanks, that was going to bug me all day.

Jennie said...

I LOVE the new template!

meljean brook said...

Pixar! I was trying to place them, too. Love the look.