Saturday, September 23, 2006

On A Roll?

For the third day in a row my alarm has gone off at 11am and although I did roll over for 20 more minutes this morning I was too aware of the fact that I should get up.

I know!

I'm ruined!

Today was basically catch up on the renovation house day.

I feel for Bob. He is one of those people who can always find something to do and he's friggin' skilled. Yep, I'm blessed but I meant like jack of all trades kind of skills.

Seriously, I have yet to see Bob get stumped by anything and even when he's unsure of something he can sleep on it and wake up with the solution. So, every once in a while his objections to things fall on deaf ears - okay that's a whole other story for next time but whenever I tell him what we're going to do at our house I get 'do you know how much work that is?'.

Yep. I do. And in exactly one year you will have torn out and rebuilt everything in this house two times over because if you don't remodel you get bored.

Anyways, that was a freebie.

Here's the show.

We took possession of the reno house on June 30th and next to nothing has been done since then. Not sure if I told you guys but we started with 3 partners and apparently the one guy was going to have the reno done by September. Bob and I were clear about the fact that we were not going to work during the summer because we had promised each other a 'reno free' season. Apparently this guy who was going to do all the work was fine with that and still believed he would have all the work done, on his own, by Sept.

Well, this guy has totally flaked out.

Not because of Bob and I as we haven't had a problem with him before but I guess him and partner number 1 have a history and now the present sucks mongo lemons.

So, what should have been a bunch of men working together to get this house back on the market has turned into one guy (who has been trying his damn-dest but has no skills so he's kinda tilting at windmills) keeping the lawn cut and the other guy never showing up.

Now, I'm a nice person. Oh all right, so I've ordered a hit on the flake but he has been making Bob and I promises and hasn't even tried to keep them. That's just shitty. I understand life things popping up but that's not what's going on. Anyways, super long story and I think I told part of it before so, onwards!

Bob's been supporting guy 2 saying how there's bad blood and stuff but now even Bob looks at me and says, yeah, we're not going to be asking this guy to help us ever again. Keep in mind, this guy is getting paid hourly so it's not like showing up is doing us a favour. The rest of us only get money if we make a profit. Just saying.

Thing is, I feel bad for Bob because he really can't do everything by himself so I have said I will spend time with him at the reno house and do all the painting (ow, ow, ow). I think once we get the paint on the walls the place will brighten up and it'll look like shit is getting done.

Right now the kitchen is on order because I told Bob to get it done and in so doing I spent probably a good 4 hours in depot on design plans and crap. I have picked out the ceramics for the bathroom and kitchen and seriously, if I could tile, I would be putting this stuff up myself. I figure by the end of the weekend I should have a vanity picked out and bought so again, we'll be getting stuff done.

Get this, it took us all day to get the siding picked up, order a new garage door and then pick up all the stuff I need just to step foot in a reno house (TP, hand soap, kleenex and bandaids - okay, emergency surgical equipment and a helmet). Then there was all the painting stuff I needed.

This took us all afternoon and Bob and I were both baked.

We get home and I think 'what the hell' and decide to have a nap. I also did this yesterday at the same time.

Guess what?

My nap mojo has left me!!! Even Cody is mocking me by lying on his cosy bed and snoring!

I've never had this problem before and it's freaking me out! I mean, I'm pretty sure I invented naps and I can't seem to fall asleep! It's like Father time not being able to set his watch or, or... Keith Richards not being able to get high!!

And breathe.

Mixed news. I am half way into Devil in Winter and I'm thinking Sebastian is my man. I love him and if it all keeps going like this he will be one of my new all time favourite heroes. On that note, his heroine rocks also.

I can't read anymore because I have to go to bed in 30 minutes (I have a freakin' bedtime people!) and tomorrow I have called upon 'the troops' to help me start off 'paint day' with a flourish.

Too bad my cousin and her beau know next to nothing about painting.

What I like about my husband (I mean, really, there isn't anything not to love - I can hear you groaning!) is that he'll pay my baby cousin to come and help me out for the day. I mean, they would soooo do it for free but I love that Bob insists that they take money. *sigh*

A man who loves my family too.

Yeah, Bob is truly my man.

Still, a little Sebastian on the side couldn't hurt.

3 comments:

ReneeW said...

You keep saying you're lazy, but really you work damn hard. Shopping and picking out stuff at home depot is exhausting for me. And painting is hard work too. Bob sounds like a jewel. Aren't you just loving Sebastien?

CindyS said...

Ahhhh, see, if you say you're lazy then people don't expect much so in reality I do get to slack off more than most ;)

By the end of yesterday afternoon I was brain dead from over selection and TMI about stuff I need to figure out. Dang.

Today the paint crew comes and of course, I get stressed out because I am planning 'the attack' and want to make things as easy as possible for everybody.

I really am a people pleaser.

You know, until C-Rex comes out and then all bets are off ;)

Oh and painting is easy, it's the pre work that blows and I'm not really motivated when I'm alone in a house unless it's my own. I like to paint with company - I don't care what the other person is doing, as long as we can talk and laugh then it's all good.

Cindy

Mailyn said...

OMG I am tired just from reading all that. I don't know how you do it! My lazy ass couldn't do half of that. Plus I'd be afraid I break a nail and the manicure is just too damn expensive. LOL.

On a side note, Sebastian is yummy but, my opinion [ and remember that I do LOVE Devil in WInter] is that Lisa basically just redid Dreaming of You except with an actual aristo.

I mean, let's be honest here, Evie is a lil too much like Sara and Sebastian is so obviously so much like Derek that they get compared more than once.

I LOVE DoY AND DiW but I have always thought that the reason for it is because it's like a re-write of one of my faves.

I will give you that Sebastian was more of an ass since he was acting selfish at first but I love that in a hero. LOL.

Bob is precious. But not in a Golum sort of way, ya know? LOL.