Friday, September 01, 2006

IT'S THE HOLY GRAIL!!!

(hoping that's not blasphemy)


Okay, not so much the holy grail but-


I GOT IT!!!



Yeah I did!



Boom-cha-ca-laca-laca-BOOM! Yeah baby!! *butt dance*



*chair dance*




What?



You know!



SPLA-DOWWWWW




*sigh*



Luckily my husband loves me huge and drove me to one of the farthest bookstores where they had 5 in stock. Note: It wasn't the big box stores that had them, hell no! It those little Coles stores in the malls. That's the ticket. For some reason the smaller stores get these books first and I couldn't be happier!! (Okay, should mention that Chapters owns all the bookstores in Canada as far as I know. Okay, there are indies but they don't stock romance, at least up here)



I haven't stopped talking a mile a minute since I bought the book.
But see, here's where Bob knows I love him!



I won't start this book until Tuesday because it'll suck me in and I won't come up for air until it is done. Since it is a long weekend and my hubby took today off to have a 4 day weekend with me, it wouldn't be fair if I decided to check out for a bit.



It's okay though. The important thing is that I have the book. I know it sounds crazy but just having one of those 'must have it now' books in my hands takes the pressure off. I know I have it and I know I will read it the first possible second I can. So all's good.



Hmmmm?



That's right, you know me too well and even poor Bob knew that when I told him I would be right back while he parked along the curb, he knew I wasn't coming back with only one book.



Note to Newbies - buying only one book is sacrilege. Must always buy two or more and when you buy six?



Heaven.



Okay, well there was this card, hang on!! I'm explaining!! *aside: Holy cow, try to get a word in edgewise around here.* Ahem. I had this mystery gift card that could be worth 5 to 1000 dollars when swiped. Thing is you have to spend 50 bucks to use it and then you don't know how much it will be but uh, it was only good for September AND I remembered to print off my TBB list last night and just happened to have it in my purse. I tell ya. I haven't had my TBB list for months but today I'm standing there with Z knowing that I must at least buy one more book when I suddenly remember the list is in my purse!!



Oh, all right!! Here is what else I bought. Sheesh!


Chick who can play with fire. Cool.

I can't remember where I first saw this one but I figured, what the hell, I'm in.

To the right, a book with an agoraphobic heroine. Since I've been there, done that and I'm still fighting the good fight daily, I thought it would be interesting to read. I believe it was Samantha who led me to this one.


I'm thinking it was Kristie's Top 25 that got Love is Blind put on the list but I can't quite remember and wow, I'm too lazy to run and figure it out (actually I did check and it's not on Kristie's list. Was it Tara Marie?). It was on the list, therefore it hit the pile.

Now, the Nora Robert's book is a funny thing. It was the store clerk who is romance friendly who recommended it because *gasp* Roberts is doing Vampires. Super cool!!

Great. Now this friggin' picture is going to mess the prettiness that is my blog. Hey! I heard that.

Anyways, what can I say. I've never really understood the appeal of SEP but I think I read an excerpt and now it's in paperback...

Oh, fine.

It was the cover. Lookit that cover!! I love that cover. It was all I could do not to buy the stupid thing in hardcover. And I won! So. I bought this for the cover.

Fine.

11 comments:

Marg said...

That's a good haul! How much did you win?

CindyS said...

I'm such a knob! I only got 5 bucks but hey, I was going to spend the money anyways so five bucks is five bucks. That's how I explained it to Bob. He's still not sure it works ;)

CindyS

Anonymous said...

So you decided to get Playing With Fire after all huh? Well, let me know how it is! ;-)

Kristie (J) said...

I SO know the "you plan to get only one but end up with more" rule. I abided by that yesterday. I went to get 1 and ended up with 5.
Congrats on finding Lover Awakened!!

Dev said...

You're in for some great reading! I need to read JR Ward....I'm adding her to my wishlist today.

Great haul, Cindy.

Jennie said...

I still have the first J.R. Ward in my tbr pile. I don't know why I'm resisting it-everyone seems to love those books.

I'm quite jealous of your haul there. I loved Match Me If You Can, but then I'm an SEP fan. :) She does get good covers.

nath said...

hmmm, your post make me want to go to indigo/chapters :) For good measure, just before coming to the lab, I did pocket my "gift card" :) Let me know what you think of the SEP, because I was planning to get it :D

ReneeW said...

Wow, I'm sooooo jealous. I need to find a bookstore like that. I went to Borders today and only got one book (Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh). Good haul. NR does vampires? Really. I must get that. I LOVED the cover for Match Me If You Can (and the book too - gave it an A) but it was a library copy so I need to get my own copy. I don't know how you have such willpower to resist peeking at Lover Awakened. You're so good :)

Mailyn said...

LMAO!!!! I somehow knew you'd manage to find this book. You are just like me! I'll go anywhere!!! LOL.

Congrats on the find.

I gotta borrow this from someone cuz I'm not wasting money on this series until Phury's book. LOL.

I'll probably bug Dylan or Holly to lend it to me. LOL.

Colleen Gleason said...

I know the feeling of not being able to buy just one book. It's the Lay's Syndrome (you know, you can't eat just one)...okay, I know that sucked, but I'm trying to be amusing.

Tough work for some of us.

I love SEP! And I really loved Match Me if You Can. There's one particular sex scene in it that's just such a departure from her normal ones...so much so that several of my friends commented on it. (It's not between the main characters.)

Anyway, enjoy your haul!

Holly said...

Wow, great haul. I loved Match Me, Summer Breeze and I'm reading LA tonight...maybe. LOL

I saw that Fire girl one tonight but decided not to buy it. If you like it I'll get it next time. :)