Friday, September 15, 2006

The Crap in my Head

Should we call this post Crap in my Head Pt 3,478?

I was over at Kristie's who saw Great Big Sea again and if you haven't heard of them I would think they are universally loved. You can't help but clap and sing along to them. Mari-Mac is a great song! Anyways, then she was talking about being at the London fair which seriously - IT'S NOT FALL!! *covers ears, rocks and hums*

Where am I going with this?

Oh right. She is about to start Slave to Sensation which I have also been eye balling for the last week but I just haven't been able to sit on my tuckass and read already!

Why can't I seem to relax?

I'm sitting her thinking about the stupid 'once upon a great eon ago' white kitchen sink that is not enamel and thus is stained all the ratshit and needs an industrial stripper to probably get any of the grime out (it was like this when we moved in but she had a cleaning lady so I doubt she used paint stripper or anything). Then again when I do serious cleaning I always wear my 'ruined' clothing because I can't be worried about bleaching out or staining my clothes.

So change, you say?

Yeah, I just showered and yes it's 1:30am but again, I'm going around the clock and I'm one happy camper because by Saturday I will be able to be up all day - then I just have to stop my body from continuing around the clock - BRAKE!!!! Sometimes the body is all, 'but I like this staying up until our eyes bleed and then falling into a coma, let's keep playing'!

Anyways, I'm now in my loose fitting short set jammies and changing into my work clothes makes me itch. I know this because I put my work clothes on after I showered and promptly found them too stiff.

Also, my brain is working over the wardrobe I've finished staining and now need to start varathaning. Again, special clothes and quite frankly, a well ventilated area because I'm not looking for that bad taste in my mouth again. Not only that, I don't know where our steel wool is so I can't do my fantabulous job without being able to buff the coats in between.

Oh shit, I just had a mental flash as to where the steel wool is but I'm sooo not going to look!

Then, and this part makes me happy, it turns out this weekend is going to be glorious in the weather department and sounds like it will be a banner weekend to get the pool up to snuff and swim like the sea otter I am! (OMG! Look at this cute little guy, on his back and yawning while swimming - I wonder if I can do that!) This will entail vacuuming the pool, digging out those penii - uh- pine cones things that have fallen since the last friggin' time I cleaned them out, shocking it, heating it to a balmy 80. Okay, I won't think twice about bouncing into the pool at 68 degrees but since we do have a heater, let's friggin' use it!

Then I need to cut the grass again (okay, I do love riding on my tractor) and then scoop the yard - friggin' dogs without opposable thumbs. I think they know how to scoop their own crap but like to know they don't have to do it. Just saying. May yet teach Cody a new trick.

Oh and because Bob and I would hate the thought of hogging all the pool fun I know we will probably invite my family for a BBQ which means Cody's room (our den) will need to be completely de-dog-ified.

It smells like feet.

I washed the hardwood floors in here and it still smells funny so I decided Cody needs a spa day so he goes Saturday at 8 am for a killer bath and brush extravaganza.

And that my friends is only part of what is wheeling around in my head - I will soon have to start painting at the reno house but I volunteered so no bitching about that. I also want to start looking at tiles for the downstairs bath - it's so tiny I'm going super spla-dow on it. At least, I like to think I can go super elegant but then it won't fit the rest of the house!

I'm also thinking about the trim I want to buy to update the look of the kitchen cabinets but I just took a closer look at the cabinets and realized the oak pulls are protruding from the face of the cabinet so I may have to get the belt sander out and THAT would be very, very, very messy.

Wait. Off to take a picture of my scary ass kitchen.

Okay, forgot I was cooking in there so it's a bit too messy so here is a up close shot of what I mean. See how the oak handle overlaps the white part? If it were flush then I could trim the flat panels like pictures and update the kitchen but that little bump out will prove to be a challenge. I should mention that Bob really likes this kitchen. I explained that if this was going to 'our' dream home the I would have to love the kitchen also. I figure it could be five years before we're ready to gut and renovate so why not trim it up for a couple hundred dollars and paint? I'm just saying. It's cheaper than a 15 thousand dollar kitchen at this point!

Aren't the inner workings of my brain a blast!

Maybe now that I have you thinking about all this crap for me I can go and read!

See ya.

8 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

Yea - Meri Mac is a great song! I have no idea how they sing it so fast when it gets to the end *g*.
And I'm waiting to see what you think of STS! It's as good as all the reviews say it is. I'm not done yet but I'm lovin' it so far.
But then - if you are in cleaning mode sometimes you just have to go with it. Mine come over me so seldom, when I'm in one I hate not to put it too advantage.

Dev said...

I agree with Kristie on this one. I'm the same way. I have to take advantage of cleaning mode when it hits, because otherwise who knows when my house will get clean?!

~ames~ said...

I really don't like Great Big Sea. I think because I didn't grow up in Canada? LOL I just bought Slave to Sensation the other night, so I'm hopefully going to get to it after I finish Lover Awakened.

Have fun in your pool!

CindyS said...

Kristie and Devonna - I mislead you. I'm not in the cleaning mode, I'm just sitting and obsessing about cleaning ;) Course, now that I've dumped my worries onto you guys I have now started reading STS and it's very good - let's hope it keeps it up!

Ames - I got me a bit of Newphie in my blood (actually, my mom is quite the heinz 57 breed!) so of course this kind of music appeals to me ;)

You bought Lover Awakened!! What are you doing here - vamoosh!

CindyS

Rowena said...

I haven't heard of Great Big Sea, but I will soon...

Have fun in your pool this weekend Cindy! =)

Mailyn said...

Re - your last post, I couldn't survive on fast food. It kills my stomach. Apparently me and grease don't mix well because I get some serious, er, cramps when I do eat it. LOL.

House bleachin?!?! You are having way too much fun for me. I barely know how to clean. OK, I lied, I don't know how to clean but my mom does measure the Clorox and shit before I mop. I say my way it's good enough. It's not like we are ever home and, when we are, we pretty much don't touch anything so yeah.

let's keep playing'!

Your body and my body would get along great. It likes to irritate my mind as well doing all sorts of odd things like staying up past its bedtime. Or trying to go to sleep too early. :-)

Mailyn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mailyn said...

Stupid blogger posted twice. Ugh.