Sunday, September 10, 2006

Books and The Blahs

Good news is that I roped Bob into taking me to Chapters so I could see if they had this one book finally in stock.

Yeah, you know the rule.

Thing is, I have spent close to 4 hours at Home Depot with Bob making decisions on kitchen designs for the reno house. I'm never gonna live in the house but I gotta make sure these guys don't butch the job. I also get to put granite in the kitchen - mrrreow. My kitchen? Sucks. It's all good though, I'm going super crazy when we get to ours but I have patience. Cause I'm cheap and books come first.

So, in a nutshell, Bob owed me and he knew it so he drove up to Chapters and I jumped out of the car.

Slave to Sensation - you saw it here folks so you know I was going to drop coin on it and they only had one in stock. Sold!

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer - paper back finally came out and I'm going to try and be a trooper and read this one. Way too many good reviews to pass it up. Still, it's looking at me funny.

Tithe by Holly Black because I've heard it's good even though not as good as Twilight but you know my rule about buying books. You have to buy a few to make it worth while.

I guess I was feeling that wasn't enough because I headed over to the journal wall and bought a limegreen leather journal (yum) and a sketch journal that has blank pages (I don't like lined pages but it's hard to come by journals that are blank). I've mentioned my journal fetish, no?

So, I kinda spoiled myself but I was up and about and it was sunny out and I had had 10 hours of sleep and figured all was right with the world.

Then we get home and WHAM, I got hit with the sleepy stick. I'm telling you I don't know what I have done to deserve having Mr. Sandman stalk me all the time but I do figure it was because I tried to hard to get the sleep to move in one day.

This week, I'm stalking the Sandman. That's right beyotch!!! Run!!

Actually, I'm going to air out the system by not taking any sleeping pills. Yep, scary days are in the forecast. Normally three days of uber bitch and then all is good again. Let's hope it works.

Cause if not, it means I'm blue and blue is never a good place for me. Hey, I know people have to get depressed from time to time because life is like that and we need to feel and crap to survive but I tend to panic when I'm blue in SEPTEMBER!!!!! If I'm blue in February I get it - in September, not so much.

I think if I dig real deep I know what is setting off all my triggers.

I'm going to be vague only because I never want Bob to get fired because of something I say on this blog. I went back there a few months ago and took all references out to the product that Bob had invented even though when googled I was like 25 pages in. Hey, just to be safe and all.

Anyways, Bob is a 'the glass is half empty' kind of guy and for years he's been saying how his place of work will shut it's doors and then he won't have a job. Now, I'm not trying to brag or anything but you all know I don't work so Bobby boy is bringing in some serious coin. Not in the we're rich kind of way but in the 'we don't have too many worries' kinda way.

Still could use a lottery win.

Even though I should be used to this mentality I do get emotionally involved when I hear things are not going well at work and there has been notice from the higher ups that *something* is going to close. Since Bob sells the stuff from this *something* then I guess Bob would be out of work. Bob's all fine with it but then I don't think he remembers what it was like to go grocery shopping on a budget or go on a day trip and not be able to buy anything because all our money went to bills. I'm just saying. He'll be in for one hell of a surprise if this happens. I can't even tell you what he spent at depot in one afternoon. You'd be shocked. This boy can spend when he's feeling all free and unfettered. I've been threatening to cut the Depot card up because we have a mortgage again. So far, he's keeping it out of my reach.

Anyways, the close date is Oct 1 and even though there are a bunch of irons in the fire I'm not sure what is what. The good news is that Bob, being the kind of person he is has already been offered a spot somewhere if anything goes wrong. I'm very proud of my husband and his ethics and morals colour his job performance and many, many people are aware of it and appreciate it. Still, I want Bob to be happy so our lives might be in upheaval until he settles on something he wants to do.

And I suck during periods of change. I do. I'm aware of it and I try and work on it but there it is. I suck at change.

All the same, this company has shut down before and come back out of the ashes so we're all kind of in a holding pattern until the higher ups either fold or show their hand.

Okay, I'm more in a 'holy shit!!!' pattern but then I'm a drama queen.

5 comments:

Bob & Muffintop said...

I hope all goes well, hon. No one likes to live with uncertainty like that.

A happier note- my daughter LOVES Twilight & Tithe. They're on my list to read, but I'm not there yet.

Jennie said...

I hate thinking about money troubles--it's the pits. Booo. Well, try not to stress out about it, cuz like you say, things will turn out okay. :)

I have Twilight out from the library for same reasons as you--Way too many good reviews to pass it up. Still, it's looking at me funny. Exactly! I don't know why. Maybe the idea of vampires (adult, sexy kind of creatures) mixed with teens is what's throwing me off.

Read Slave to Sensation! Hee hee. I want to hear what you have to say about it. ;p

CindyS said...

Bookwormom - I'm sure it'll work out, it's just that your brain is always working in that back alley that we don't know about so it'll send you curve balls every once in a while ;)

Jennie - Oh thank GOD!! I thought I was the only read who had a bit of an ick problem with YA books. I mean, I don't want to read about 80 year olds doing it either so it's not like I'm hating on the teens ;)

Now you have scared me with your taunt for STS!

CindyS

ReneeW said...

I have Slave to Sensation and I'm taking it on our mini-vacation. You do know that Twilight has no sex, right? I never read YA but I was surprised at how good this was.

Bob & Muffintop said...

Cindy- My brain is ALWAYS in the back alley. Except when it's staring at your doors looking for penises. Or is it penii?! LOL