Monday, September 25, 2006

More Books? You Betcha!!

I realize that I haven't shared the last few book purchases. How rude!

In reality I did buy just one book and was a bit embarrassed to admit it but hey, we were at Walmart and I bought a whole bunch of other stuff and I had just been at the pharmacy where I had bought two books and .... Fine!

I'm the Vampire, That's Why by Michele Bardsley. Totally bought it based on the cover and the title. I didn't even realize there were children in the book until I read Dev's review. The good news is that Dev liked the book and now I know to expect more chick-lit than romance.

This was the book I saw at the pharmacy and I had never seen it before so I figured I'd buy it but again, my two book rule.

Murphy's Law by Lori Foster. What can I say? I scoured that rack for another book and Bob was waiting in the car and sometimes this author can work for me so I took a chance. *shrug*

Then we had to go to Walmart and I sooo couldn't pass the book section and I even took my time and I only found one book. I decided since we were buying everything else from the store I was good. True Blood by Patricia Waddell. It is a futuristic with some sort of ESP thing and well, I'm addicted right now. I've never read a book by her and looking at her website I can see she would have quite a backlist if her voice works for me.

Today I dragged Bob to a small bookstore and found a few books to add on.

The Smoke Thief by Shana Abe. I know this has been well received by readers so I didn't even bother reading the backblurb. Here's hoping there are no hidden babies or anything!

I saw my first Nocturne by Silhouette and I saw a Lindsay McKenna called Unforgiven and since I remember liking one of her books (she reminded me of early Brockmann) and of course, paranormal.

Then to round out my current paranormal fixation I have decided to try Sherrilyn Kenyon.

Unleash the Night even though I find the cover model scary in a ugly way, I've heard good things so that was the first pick-up.

Dance With The Devil - okay, I have heard too many people compare Zsadist to Zarek and I think this book is Zareks' so I figured what the hell, let's try it!

That's the current round up.

Oh and Devil In Winter?

Sucked!



GOTCHA!!!!

Oh, c'mon! I got ya for a minute, right? You already know it's a KEEPER and I love Sebastian even more than Derek Craven sooo, you were all right!!

12 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

Isn't it frustrating when you want to get some books and can't find any that appeal to you? I have the Waddell book too. And Smoke Thief is good. The vampire one doesn't appeal to me at all. I'm not into most of them to begin with except for a few of the more serious ones. I'd rather read just about anything than a funny vampire *shudder*. And with the Kenyon's - I'm not so sure about those ones. She has an entire world created by the time those ones came out. It's easy enough to get confused if you start fro the first ones like I did - but to start in the middle might be pretty confusing. If you are interested, I could loan you some of the earlier ones to kind of get caught up on her world. I don't read her anymore but I do have all her earlier books starting with Fantasy Lover.
I should do my recent buys. I have a whole pile of them but I haven't updated my Recent Buys in ages!

Kristie (J) said...

More than Derek??????? How could that last line have slipped by me? More than Derek??????? I know Sebastian is a great hero - I loved him too. But More than Derek?????? *sigh* Sybil will be most happy to hear this.
Are you really sure? More than Derek??????

Bob & Muffintop said...

Is your back better? It must be if you're book shoppping. I liked Smoke Thief too. Sherrilyn Kenyon is good, I didn't find it necessary to read them in order- but you may end up glomming her if you like them. Or avoiding her. Whichever.

~ames~ said...

You're lucky Cindy. I went to Wal-Mart and couldn't find anything. I was so disappointed. LOL I think the Wal-Marts in Winnipeg are out of the loop, they don't have nice stuff.

Mailyn said...

OMG I just about died!!!! Sebastian sucked?! What?! Huh????

For a moment there I was all like "I hope you are talking about he was sucking on something because oh hells no!!!" LMAO.

Good one Cindy. Scared the shitznick out of me. LOL

:-P

Mailyn said...

P.S. please notice how tried to I politically declined to comment on your Kennyon purchases. Nonetheless I say I now think that your grip on sanity is slipping.

If you tell us next that you bought the Anita Blake series I am ordering the straight jacket.

LOL. :-P

Rowena said...

I want to read that Vampire book you were talking about earlier in your post! So let me knwo if it's good, did Dev like I? My mind is forgetful these days, sorry.

And you know what? I think I liked Simon Hunt better than Derek Craven, because I HELLA LOVED HIM! But maybe if I do a reread of DoY like I said I am, that'll cure me, but right now, it's ALL about Simon Hunt for me! ;)

You almost scared me with the Devil in Winter SUCKED, because that's coming up for me, you sneaky wench! hehe, it's good though, right? I've heard nothing but good things and I'm hella excited to finish this series!

I need to go to Wal Mart and stock up on some books, you picked up a grip! ;) And Mailyn does Sebastian suck something in DiW? Do tell...;)

Dev said...

I knew you'd love Devil in Winter! Mailyn is going to totally hate me, but I've read all of the Sherrilyn Kenyon Dark-Hunter series and am hopelessly addicted to them. The paperback of Dark Side of the Moon comes out in December.

I've looked for your email address everywhere. Email me at imaromancereader@gmail.com about the vampire book.

Holly said...

LOL @ Kristie(j). I read your first comment and thought, She's going to let THAT slide? She's lost it! LOLOL

Much better with the second comment.

WOOOHOOO! SOMEONE ELSE LOVES SEB MORE! YAY ME! hehehe

I'm not going to comment on the SK's other than to say I hope you enjoy them. ;)

Some of the others sound good, too. ; )

CindyS said...

Kristie - I don't even know where Kenyon's series begins so I just decided to grab one that Dylan reviewed and of course the one that Zsadist is compared to. After that we'll see. And, uh, yeah, Sebastian - I can explain!!

Bookwormom - Yeah, I didn't want to complain too much but oy vey, my back but I keep thinking 'just suck it up!' To be sucked in or not sucked in - that is always a question with series books ;)

Ames - we were on a 'necessity' shop - shampoo, TP, you know all the fun stuff - just happened to hit the book section which really blew but something caught my eye ;)

Mailyn - awww, you're just saying I got ya ;) Oh and I was an LKH fangirl from way back. No!! It's okay! I'm cured now!

Dylan - Uh, I think she did in a Mary Janice Davidson sort of way. You know, us weird ones who are addicted to an author who only writes 80 pages and calls it a book ;)

Awww, are you saying I got you too! You guys are just stroking the ego - you know I think I'm funny right?

Devonna - yeah, you guys are always right. I believe you and Dylan are the ones who convinced me to try Kenyon. I've e-mailed you but wasn't sure if it was me or Dylan you needed.

Holly - I know, I read Kristie's first comment and wondered if I had broke her so seeing the second one had her making more sense ;)

I'm desperate for good paranormals and I'm willing to break out of my little shell. It's okay. I know you are not fond of my Z either ;)

CindyS

Anonymous said...

ooh.. nice haul!
i'll be interested to read reviews on them..

Nicole said...

I have True Blood. I need to finish it one of these days.