Saturday, September 23, 2006

Remember That Age Thing?

*adjusts heat pack to ease the pain in lower back*

Ho-kay.

First, I'm whipped and have no idea what I will write for this post except to say, holy Lord I didn't know that could hurt!!

Did the reno house thing and got the troops painting but I don't like bossing people around *snort* so I always feel a little ADD. I'm normally walking around with a roller or brush figuring where we all go next.

Anyways, I'm not there 20 minutes and I decide to pour paint from the 5 gallon pail to the tray. I should mention there were two men in the room who didn't think to stop me (luckily one of them wasn't Bob). At this point I feel a *twing* in my back and realize that I may have just pulled a muscle. Now, I've never pulled a muscle in my back so I told myself to quit being a pansy and move on.

Holy Hell.

I was trying not to show the others just how bad my back hurt but I couldn't bend over to pick up my paint brush! I went out and told Bob (he was working outside) and he freaked - 'That's what everyone else is here for - to lift the heavy stuff!!!'

I know it's one of my hangups about being a woman. I only like to ask for so much help and maybe I'm not the most patient person in the world so sometimes I end up doing things that others leave for the men. Yeah, that's why I know how to do light carpentry tasks, sauder copper pipe (learned just how well it conducts heat the hard way) and well, paint.

Anyways, Bob gave me a back rub tonight because he knows it's going to hurt worse tomorrow than today and I mumbled 'chivalry really is dead'.

Bob's all pissed that one of the guys didn't do it.

Course, it wouldn't occur to him to carry the 40 lb laundry baskets up and down the stairs for me but, whatever.

It's funny how I'm sitting here and thinking that although I knew chivalry was in the death throes I thought people who said it was dead were over reacting. Course, I've never met men who have been chivalrous but I always figured it's because I'm plain and that most other women experienced it all the time.

Now, I'm all upset because I feel like we're all just alone now.

Isn't that about the most lame thing you have ever heard?

On that wonderful note I will take my heat pack and go watch some shows I have saved on the DVR.

Wonderful invention that.

5 comments:

Bev (BB) said...

Well, look on the bright side. At least you know what you what you did to cause it. I'm still trying to figure out how more or less scooting a TV table across the floor laid me out flat on my back for days. Sometimes our bodies are just weird. ;p

Dev said...

Well, speaking from experience, alternate heat and ice on it and it should start feeling better. If you have any kind of anti-inflammatories, they help too :-)

Are you going to be able to take it easy for a little while so your back has a chance to heal?

Suisan said...

Just when I'm ready to bite Dear Bitcher's head off for not being supportive or chivalrous, he does something that's so sweet. It's always really unexpected too.

Which means that I can't complain too much about chivlary being dead.

But I can complain about laundry. And I do. A lot.

Suisan said...

Oh dear, some typo!!!

Meant to write Dear BUTCHER, not bitcher. Oy gevalt!

CindyS said...

Bev, yeah, that would make me crazy. I don't bruise easy but since I have lived with two 80lb dogs for 11 years I no longer notice when I hurt myself. It gets bad in the summer when everyone sees the bruises and asks what I did. Half the time I can't remember! Pulling my back though, I felt that ;)

Devonna - oh I will milk this for as long as possible ;) I think I can hold off painting until about Tuesday. It's weird how that pain comes on and then goes.

Suisan - bitcher - tee hee!! - Yeah, my husband is chilvalrous to me which is why I married him. I love when Bob surprises me. I only hope that I surprise him too!

CindyS