Friday, September 08, 2006

FUBAR? Not Quite Yet

I'm falling into one of my funks. See, September is never really a happy, joyous time of my life and well, having the GBB (great book blues) on top of everything is just making it worse.

Let's see.

It's been frickin' chilly here so I haven't been in our fancy smancy pool in about two weeks. Then there was the rain and crap. Now the pool is full of these horrid pine cones (which look like little green penises (peni?) and I know that makes me sound crazy but they're creeping me out!) I should run out and take a picture of the stupid pile of ones I worked my ass off getting off the solar blanket so that I could open the pool to shock it. Screw that. I know some sane person is going to say 'Cindy, they just look like pickles.' which of course, brings up another of my mental problems. Shut up. And seriously, white asparagus is another thing that looks wrong. Yes, in the penis sense.

I KNOW!!

I'm a freak. Bob wanted to order all new doors for our house so we're sitting there having to pick out the glass feature we want in the front door. I swear to God one looks like a penis. Okay I'm sure I can find a picture of it so just tell me if I have hit my head too frickin' hard! SEE!! Tell me there's not something very phallic about that picture.

TELL ME!!!

I've got penis on the brain. Not. Good.

Phew! That's a load off my brain. Wait. I think that might be funny in a really bad way - see what I mean? Where am I getting this stuff?

This is the time of year where the only thing coming at me is Christmas. Yep. You read that right. Christmas. I love it and yet, it's my big white whale. The Mecca of Paniclandia and have I started our Christmas shopping yet? NO! Which causes my stupid dreams where it is the night before Christmas and I have no gifts for anybody and then great stress ensues. Stupid brain.

Don't get me started on shorter days. Oh hell no. That SAD light Bob bought me is about to make an appearance and it's not even the end of September!!!

Okay, it's clear I'm cracking up. Did I mention my sleep is all over the friggin' place. I think I'm going around the clock which means sleeping at all the wrong times which means I only get an hour with Bob because I just wake up and he's heading to bed and OMG!! Somebody stop this ride, I WANT OFF!

I guess I haven't mentioned that if I don't get Bobby time I get really screwed up. What's that? It's obvious from this post? I know!

I think I need to read a light comedy or a few short stories to get my reading mojo back.

Oh! Oh!

Bob, God bless the man, has been organizing and moving things around. Hey, it's all good, right?

Yeah, it's all good until he moves my books just one more time and then all bets are off!

The only good thing about all this is that I seem to be motivated to do stuff. Not cleaning or anything, I'm not running a fever but, I have picked out a wall colour for the next bedroom that needs to be done, started restaining a massive wardrobe that Bob built me when we first met (second coat of stain tonight and will start varathaning tomorrow night but, oy, the fumes are so bad I can taste them and I mean that literally - I've been trying to scrap my tongue to get the taste off, yetch), have actually bought the paint for said room, bought a faucet set off Ebay for our bathroom reno - (I actually wore Bob down on this one but he's happy with the results - also, 300 dollars savings ordering it from Ebay. Uh, hello!! Can we say mark up? Now let's hope the thing is made of actual metal and is not, in fact, a plastic replica of what I really want) AND, I cut the grass on the tractor and also had to use the hand one (the hand one is supposed to be Bob's job (*ba dum tish* seriously, is it just me?) but he is sooo pretending he doesn't know what the gas mower is) and then cleaned the pool. I did all this in the last 48 hours and y'all know I'm lazy.

Yep, I've taken a blow to the head. Only explanation!

8 comments:

~ames~ said...

I love reading your posts. They crack me up! hehe

But now, I think the plural for penis is penii. And your door does have a phallic theme to it.

I'm not a big fan of the christmas time. Not at all.

ReneeW said...

OMG, you're making me laugh at work again. I should close the door before reading your posts. Yes, that glass door has a phallic symbol on it. But then I seen them everywhere.

I promised myself I'm going to buy a SAD light this year. I noticed that my new office with the window has really helped my mood. I keep the blinds open and let sun shine directly on me. But I dread the rain and endless gloomy days.

Dev said...

I love your posts, Cindy! I'm definitely in the minority because I just don't see the phallic symbol and, really, asparagus? Really? :-)

There's got to be some sort of psychological test out there....

Ok, let's play a game of word association:

asaparagus

sword

arrow

Pinnochio

pickles

pine cones

scissors

Did I forget any?

Bob & Muffintop said...

OMG- Cindy! I can't breathe, really. Green pinecones & aparagus I can agree. Very penile. The door? Not so much.

SPOILERS AHEAD




Re: Lover Awakened & who the F is John? Read end coupla chapters of book #1. Very cool lady, Ms. Ward. John ties into it all. Really. BUT. Where's Tohr? Why Wellsie? I'm so sad. They were so cute together. And she was preggers too.

Mailyn said...

And seriously, white asparagus is another thing that looks wrong. Yes, in the penis sense.


LMFAO!!!! Dude you've got penis on the brain! Actually, I see a sword in that door. But that maybe due to all the swashbucling books I've been reading lately.

On the sleep time, have you tried and alarm? Maybe if you wake yourself up at specific times you could fall asleep better at other times. But don't take my word because I have insomnia so yeah, never tried this theory. LOL.

You need to read a good book. I forget if you've read Lord of Scoundrels. I have a short memory. LOL. Try the follow up to that, The Last Hellion. Or how about forgetting romance and reading a good book that's outside of the genre? I say you should try Meyer's Twilight. It was hella good and it does have romance. And no, no teenage yuckie sex. LOL.

Or you could try The Black Jewels trilogy by Bishop. Also has romance and it's AWESOME and it has not one but TWO tortured and oh-so-dayum-yummy heroes.

But ignore me completely if you've read all of these. I can't seem to remember who's read what. LOL

Marg said...

I made my first Christmas card last night...yes, just one! But it does worry that Christmas will be hear very soon, and I won't be organised enough...again!

CindyS said...

Ames - Oh. Hell. No. We soooo didn't order that door ;) Penii - I mean really, who would have thought. You and I can sit as the Grinch table!!! I'm so happy.

Renee - Thank goodness I'm not the only one who can see it! SAD light has saved my life but it does have to be close to you - real close and only 20 minutes at a time but I keep mine on until Bob comes in and says - how long has that been on!? Ooops.

Devonna - Well, I'm just on the right side of crazy and I'll let you all interpret what that really means ;) And it WHITE asparagus - green I'm all good with, white freaks me the hell out!

Pinnochio? Really?

Bookwormom - yep, somethings misfiring in the brain (concentrate on the center part of the window - don't make me draw it out ;))

I think I'm the only person who is wondering if the timeline at the end has actually happened - you know the part that reads like an epilogue but it doesn't say it is an epilogue? That's two years!!! Probably just an epilogue. Right?

Mailyn - like I would ever ignore you!! I think alarms are cruel and unusual punishment ;) C-Rex wakes up when an alarm goes off. There's some cursing and general ugliness about how life sucks because I didn't get enough sleep and stuff. I'm very blessed in that I can sleep whenever I want so that's why my sleep can get wonky. It's just lately I've been so sleepy that I can barely be up for 2 hours without wanting to go back to bed. Weird. I do have these periods though. Me thinks I have to back off on some of the sleep meds - C-Rex is going to be stomping around next week for sure ;)

Marg - see I try to do crafty stuff but I am usually awake until 4am Christmas Eve trying to finish them so really, I've taken a no crafts oath. I break it every year!

CindyS

Rowena said...

OMGosh you seriously crack me up Cindy, in the, hold my sides and try really hard not to laugh and still laugh like a loon laugh...at work.

Oh I love it, you're such a funny one...oh I love coming to your blog, now if I can only find time to come around more often...by the time I get down my list, I've got twenty other things I need to do...okay I fixed my problem, I moved you up on my list...LOL.

Keep these funny posts coming Cindy, I need them.