Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Has Anybody Seen Sane Cindy?

I have no clue what has been going on for the past day and a half.

Things I know.

1. I went to have a nap at 4pm yesterday and woke up a 4am today. It's now 11am and I'm a little confused about what I should be doing. Hey, it's daylight and I'm not used to that shit! Makes me feel like I should be doing something important and I never do stuff that's important!

2. I slept without any sleeping aids which means the weird dreams showed up and I hate those puppies!

Normally they are so realistic that I wake up not knowing where I am. They are mostly to do with having gone back to school to do something only I'm old and everyone else is young and job worthy. Also my parents play a huge roll and keep me locked in my life before Bob - seriously, life before Bob blew.

Once I figure out that there should be a Bob I do everything I can to escape and get to him and am foiled in every attempt I make. I sometimes wake up believing that I am living in the weird past/present and it can take, probably just a few seconds but enough to stop my heart, to realize that the life I love is real.

Anyone seen Sane Cindy yet? No? Ho-kay then.

3. The book I am currently trying to read is boring me to tears and I don't know whether it's because I'm trying to read a paranormal after two paranormal keepers or if the book is just truly boring. The premise was great but then, meh. It's Dark Protector by Alexis Morgan. Anyone read this and think it's just me? I'm putting the book down but I've managed to scare myself out of trying something else.

That's it and that's all I know for sure.

I figure bigger things happened in the past 36 hours but I just haven't heard about them.

I found out earlier that it's Talk Like A Pirate Day but if it's okay with everyone, I'm just going to steal all the rum and hide in a corner. I will tell you to head over to Kristie's to find a treasure trove of pirate reads which I have added to my wishlist.

Oh, I also want to cook my comfort food again for like the tenth time in 3 weeks.

I'm telling you, Sane Cindy needs to get her ass back to this joint already!

On that note, I'm heading to the grocery store to buy some Top Sirloin so I can make my favourite dinner of late. I'm carrying Devil In Winter by Kleypas with me but I'm afraid to open the cover. Luckily, the day has been moving smoothly so I haven't had to crack open the book to kill some time.

Phew!

10 comments:

Dev said...

Devil in Winter?! You won't be dissapointed ~ at least, I don't think you will. I love Sebastian.

There's someone resembling Sane Cindy circling blog land. If I her, I'll send her your way.

Bob & Muffintop said...

I love all the Cindies- should that be Cindys?! who post here. If I see any of the others I'll holler at ya.

On a happier note- it has been warm (over 80 F) here & sunny. I've thought of you often lately, knowing how much you love the warm summer weather.

CindyS said...

Devonna - I put DIW back on top of the TBR pile until I figure out what's with my mood.

Wow! All this time I thought Sane Cindy was a myth! ;)

Bookwormom - Good thing you like the Cindy-s (should we end it like Penii and Cindii? NO!) Who knows who will show up tomorrow ;)

Oh and the weather here has been fantastic although we didn't make it into the pool. Still, I have taken Cody out for a walk and even he is galloping like a loon. I think the 2 weeks of overcast weather did me in.

CindyS

Mailyn said...

Awww, sane or insane, we love you just the same!

OK, that was totaly lame but I tried to make it rhyme! Bonus points. LOL.

Seriously, I hope you come out of the funk. I may just join you there if you don't. BTW that wasn't meant to rhyme. LOL.

I hope at least you feel better after you have your favorite dinner! Oh and I don't think you'd be dissapointed with DIW but just remember Cam is all mine! LOL.

Mailyn said...

WTH am I LOLing all over the place?! Ugh. I need a break.

*hugs*

Dev said...

Well, if you need a break, I'm sure Sane Cindy would enjoy the company :-)

Oh yeah ~ LOL.

Kristie (J) said...

Arrgg- that's one heck of a nap there matey! Dreams can seem so real can't they? Of course the sexy ones aren't too bad - it's those scary or sad ones that are the bummers of dream world.

~ames~ said...

I love all versions of Cindy! :P So how did the grocery store trip go and did you crack DiW?

Holly said...

I think the Sane Cindy was chased off with the Sane Holly by The Psycho Mary Kay Lady. What? It's entirely possible.

I have those dreams, too. I have this terrible reoccuring dream that scares the ever lovin bejeezus out of me. And I had the craziest dream the other night that I left Little Man at home alone and I woke up crying, telling MM that I'm a horrible mother for leaving my child alone. And he says, "Honey, you're freakin whacked. Little Man is asleep in the next room" but I was beyond comphrension and just kept wailing, "I'm going to hellll, I'm a terrible mother!" Good times, good times.

-Holly (off to find my sanity..I'll keep a lookout for yours, too)

CindyS said...

Mailyn - thanks hon! I tell you, I'm never really sure who's going to be at the helm. The other day Bob said 'Whoa, C-Rex is out' and I was all 'No she isn't! It's just me!' At which point I wondered if I should be offended but I try to save the offended button for when I have my period. Then slaying of all men is always an option ;)

Devonna - I think sane Cindy is a myth but I always have hope that one day she'll show up with a bunch of friends. Hopefully their names won't be Pschyo and Bitch. Okay, Bitch lives here but Pschyo would be bad!

Kristie - I rarely if ever have sexy dreams. Probably because I become aware of my real self in my dreams and I'm all, 'holy crap, I'm married!! Who the hell are you!?' Although one night there about a month ago I had one hell of a dream but it was a love dream and I woke up sure that the guy in my dream was another soul mate of mine just living somewhere else. Oh yeah, Sane Cindy needs to hurry back!

Ames - I made my favourite dinner and I haven't picked up DIW mostly because I didn't have to wait anywhere. I'll let you know when I crack ;)

Holly - I swear that is exactly why I don't have children. I don't think I would ever sleep again and isn't horrible when your mind brings your terrors into your dreams? {{{{{{Holly}}}}}} I'm sure MM was more concerned about waking you from your nightmare.

CindyS