Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Tip Toeing

Don't know if you guys noticed or not but out of the last 4 books I've read 3 have been keepers.

Pressure?

Uh, yeah.

So, I'm feeling my way through the TBR pile. Paranormal? I don't think yet. I just finished a keeper historical so I'm just setting some poor author up for a fall if I try that. Contemporary? Meh. I'm thinking I might have to read Chick-lit or something with a little romance. I was thinking about picking up Twilight but I got scared and it's sitting up by the bed.

Before I forget I was trolling through Amazon trying to figure out when my keeper authors will have books out next and it says that Lisa Valdez's Patience has a publication date of May 1/07. Anyone heard about this? Her website says Nov/Dec.

There was something else I was supposed to remember but whoosh, gone.

Edited: Oh, yeah, two posts ago I sent you over to Dev's for the review of a vampire book. Me being the doof I am got my vampire books mixed up. Shut up. Anyways, I also have the one Dev reviewed on my TBR pile so it's still all good in the hood.

Other news, for the first time in three days I was able to become pain free with a simple dose of Tylenol. Should have thought of that sooner. (I've got the PMS cramps so I had to go through finding out that Midol wasn't going to touch the pain and then Pamprin etc)

The first thing my body did when the pain disappeared was ring the brain for a nap.

Brain: *answers weird buzzing thingie* Yeah. (Brain isn't a patient sort)

Body: We shutting 'er down!

Brain: We're still driving you morons.

Body: We suggest you hit the 'Home James' button because we're starting the shut down.

Brain: Fine. *hits button*

Upon entry of house.

Body: Off to bed!

Brain: There's a hungry dog that needs to be dealt with.

Body: Crap. Feed him and then bed!

Brain: Hey, who's the boss here!?

Tummy: *sends out a warning cramp*

Brain: Right then.

I had a brilliant 3 hour nap. Love the nap.

Now, it's 2:30am and the body is calling for another shut down so I'm about to head off. Brain still wants to play and visit blogs but really, who's the boss here.

Exactly.

4 comments:

Rowena said...

Oh gosh Cindy you are such a funny gal! LOL, that was bunches of fun to read, I'm glad to see that you know who the boss is here!

And LMAO on the vampire book! I thought I was on drugs when I read it two days ago, but I didn't say anything cause I thought I was missing something...LOL.

Colleen Gleason said...

LOL Cindy. I'm glad your brain took over.

And 3 out of 4 of your last reads were keepers? Wow. That's pretty good. I'd say my most recent rate is maybe 1 out of 4.

I did enjoy Devil in Winter, though.

Mailyn said...

LMAO!!!! Oh man you HAVE to post more of your brain conversations. They are waaaay more enjotable than all the crap the people at work talk about all day.

READ TWILIGHT!


Subliminal enough? LOL

CindyS said...

Dylan - now I'm worried I'm the one going crazy because I could swear someone reviewed that one - went through all my blogs but couldn't find it. Ooops.

Colleen - really? That was my brain ;) 1 our of 4? Ouch.

Mailyn - I think most of my bodily conversations would have me locked up. Although the other day Bob and I were in the car and I lifted my shirt to yell at my uterus (through the stomache). I believe the phrase 'stop hurting' was repeated about 6 times. Then I gave it a little punch. When I was a teen I used to really punch my stomache hard when I had period cramps. Anything was better than the pain. No worries though, I'm sooo going to cry to my doc next week!

CindyS